CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pistola for Commonly.

Mikwen is a good fit for C9.

Idk where Ogre2 goes from here.

I cant see EG picking up Pistola.

I hope we get some crazy awesome announcements tomorrow. An official HWC 2017 announcement, and a detailing of the pro league would be a great start. Im hoping for more LANs this go around. I also hope we have a quick turnaround after worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Funny seeing so many pros on twitter backing CLG. I hate to relate this to politics, but to me it seems like Allegiance are kind of the "anti-establishment" guys. No one is really backing them besides neutrals and a couple old school pros like Legit and T2. Then you got CLG which is the "establishment", highly favored, highly backed by all the "big names" in Halo. Idk. ....So I guess I'm tryna say that Naded is Bernie? :lxthul:

Anti ALG bias is real, I observed that as well

I'm so hype, almost laser hype, if that's a thing

I don't believe it it

Kampy said he would for sure leave Faze for EG  :intel:

Not sure if serious...

Also on the one hand, it's a nice thought, but TBH although Kampy is an incredible individual player, it's been a long time since he's been in a team setting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Viewership...what can we say, halo is a niche e sport. You can't buy viewers with money prizes. It just doesn't translate. 

Forever hindered by Xbox exclusivity...and that'll probably never change. So we should just suck it up and deal with it or possibly see a PC version down the road if they wanna see any dramatic change in growth or viewership. BUT Halo and esports is about selling stuff and getting interest in products as well...and that would be Xbox One altho I don't know how many Xbox Halo really sells anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Denial is really special. They have so much to look forward to and will be a top team that can adjust and become the best team. They need to work on CTF but they should stick together. Contra has such a great shot and he's really one of the very best players in the game but gets no credit. Cream rises to the top, denial is top 4 in the last 2 events.

Denial needs to work on CTF?

In bracket play:

They didn't win a single Strongholds game vs Liquid either time they've faced (0-3), but won 3 slayers and 3 CTFs... and lost 3 Strongholds and 1 Slayer.

vs CLG, they've won 2 Slayers, 1 Flag, and 1 Strongholds...and lost 3 Strongholds, 3 Flags, and 2 Slayers.

vs Allegiance, they lost both Flags, won both strongholds, and went 2-1 in Slayers.

They don't really have a pattern of what gametypes they "struggle" with versus which they do well on (Except for consistently winning on Coliseum TS).

I mean like actually rooting for them. Just based on what I've seen on twitter, etc. Not saying that's a bad thing, just thought it was interesting. Stockholm syndrome maybe?  :simms:

I personally want the best team to win. I think CLG, EG, Denial, and even Liquid are all better than Allegiance. Yet somehow through the halo gods theyve managed to avoid playing them in the bracket. So im rooting for CLG. I dont like watching people just get screwed over and thats pretty much been the only consistent thing about HWC this year. Allegiance represents randomness to me. And fuck random bracket draws.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure if serious...

Also on the one hand, it's a nice thought, but TBH although Kampy is an incredible individual player, it's been a long time since he's been in a team setting.

I think it would be fun to give it a try and see where it goes. Honestly though I feel a little bad for Commonly. Having a ton of people talk about who is going to replace him and getting a ton of hate thrown his way when really the issues they were having were becoming apparent before he even came into the picture (hence the Lethul switch).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Forever hindered by Xbox exclusivity...and that'll probably never change. So we should just suck it up and deal with it or possibly see a PC version down the road if they wanna see any dramatic change in growth or viewership. BUT Halo and esports is about selling stuff and getting interest in products as well...and that would be Xbox One altho I don't know how many Xbox Halo really sells anymore. 

With how Xbox seems to be transitioning to the way of platform/service ala its parent company....I wouldn't completely rule it out....I would however be curious as hell to see what a strong pc could do for the popularity scene as a whole.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A quick turnaround will be funny for those who stopped playing the game after Regionals. They'll be so far behind again, just like last time.

Wouldn't be surprised to see alot of these players at worlds take a week or 2 of vacation with the amount of time they put in so they'll have a chance to catch up.

I know this has been asked a million times, but what was the final answer for unlocking the REQ pack tomorrow? Does it have to be unlocked by watching on the Xbox One?

With how Xbox seems to be transitioning to the way of platform/service ala its parent company....I wouldn't completely rule it out....I would however be curious as hell to see what a strong pc could do for the popularity scene as a whole.

Microsoft is going all in on PC gaming, I expect halo 6 to be on PC with cross platform play (no idea how they balance it)

I was taking with eagle burn in twitch chat and he thinks h6 could even be f2p based on h5's strong focus on req packs, and I thought that was a great point

F2p + PC = this game picks up steam in a major way

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know this has been asked a million times, but what was the final answer for unlocking the REQ pack tomorrow? Does it have to be unlocked by watching on the Xbox One?

You can watch on twitch if your twitch account is linked to your gamer tag

If not you have to watch on Xbox

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm really curious about this as well. Halo has never had a fresh up to date release, just after the next game comes out do they throw PC a bone. If anyone is gonna release a newer Halo in a timely fashion tho, i'd put my money on Phil Spenser doing it. Idk if it'd do well but I feel like it should at least see somewhat decent numbers. It'd have (hopefully) well functioning dedicated servers which PC guys love, Summit would bring alot of attention to it, CSGO could use the competition and if Overwatch isn't HUGE then Halo 5 could do a decent job of giving people a non CSGO option to play for FPS. The main thing tho is that whoever plays on PC would probably be more inclined to watch all Halo related esports streams which in turn leads to more talk, more promotion, more viewers, as well as that REQ pack cheddar 343 loves to see along with players seeing bigger prize pools from it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Renegades and liquid seemed to be tied at the hip no matter what they did. Ultimately splitting up and forming the 2 separate teams failed for both ninja and ace. For every time they showed promise and won a series, they wet the bed in the big spot. Ace had the sniper, apg had full OS, and ace couldn't even take a shot. Until it was too late. Renegades blew a 2-0 lead up 2-0 in he third game, just choking away a chance to prove to everyone, but really to themselves, that they could close a series. Both teams ended up where they were before all of the team changes, unlegit and ace along with ninja couldn't figure out how to close out series. Spartan and Stellur move on to bigger and better things I think, the rest of those guys are going to be stuck in the 5-8th zone. They simply can't be trusted in big spots. They should have looked within instead of splitting up, it got them no where and back to where they started.

So Ninja is the sole reason RNG lost? Ace is the reason they lost their series? RNG proved the day before against EG that they are able to close out a series. It is the cool thing here to pick on Ninja's over aggressiveness and choke artist tendencies but them losing those 3 games were a team effort of small mistakes. Ninja's teammates made it a point to work with him on that and if you watch the games, it helped a ton. Putting a series loss on a single person is obtuse. 

Also you act as if Ace and Ninja split up mutually. The whole TL/RNG narrative started with when TL DROPPED Ninja blindsidely. 

People obviously see me as a RNG fan and some know me to be a Ninja fan, but bias isn't part of this reply. You just come off as ignorant when you put the losses of these teams on the shoulders of single players.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

man i too would love for naded to get his first win at the biggest event in halo history(and would prob tear up if he started to)

but...

i also want lethul to win and solidify(even more) that the decision he made was 100% the right move. Especially with all the hate he received at the time and after losing to eg at xgames.

Decide-Decision-Decisions-Dont-Know-Flip

Kind of sucks that if ALG somehow wins this tournament people are going to say it was anything less than legitimate.

Even if they take down CLG it'll be marked with an asterisk in some people's minds.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG predictions: Lunchbox retires, Roy considers to retire but decides to stick around. They drop Commonly, and pick up Formal, and who knows about the 4th. Some well rounded player like Ace or Pistola perhaps. What would truly be awesome is if they picked up Jimbo, who decided to make the move from EU.

Kind of sucks that if ALG somehow wins this tournament people are going to say it was anything less than legitimate.

Even if they take down CLG it'll be marked with an asterisk in some people's minds.

What are you talking about?

• Upvote (+1) 2