CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That was huge by Contra he basically secured that cap by killing everyone at Snipe tower. The last sniper kill was very clutch because that player was going to cause trouble if he got across.

That's an absolute nonsense way of looking at it. The end goal would be the same but the distance between CLG and the rest of the competition is MUCH greater than what EG had with Lethul. He moved to increase his chances of winning and with how they dominate every single team (including 3/4 of his old team which is a pretty good measure in itself) it's pretty clear that his chances of winning were improved.

The increase in chances is irrelevant if he would have hypothetically won either way.

In regards to replay: Halo 5's Overtime rules are fine, but the match shouldn't be a full replay. First to 1 cap with a fresh spawn slate is a much better tiebreaker rather than a full replay.

Or like, an overtime longer than three minutes and first to cap wins - just like previous titles? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In regards to replay: Halo 5's Overtime rules are fine, but the match shouldn't be a full replay. First to 1 cap with a fresh spawn slate is a much better tiebreaker rather than a full replay.

This will definitely punish a momentum based team like Denial. I can definitely see a 3-0 for Liquid in the replay

halo 5's ot rules are fine? 

:wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Okay. So, you're saying Lethul had no risk involved in his decision to leave? CLG very easily could have not done well. The perception that Lethul's decision fucked people over is only relevant if he is successful with his decision. That being true, it cannot be true that he fucked anyone over as he risked just as much leaving EG as they lost having to "...hastily choose a replacement...". I would like to point out again that Snipedown, Lunch, and Roy all had the ability to make a decision similar to Lethul and chose not to. They're living with the results of that choice.

Not saying that at all - the word risk isn't even in my post. I'm saying that you have a group of 4 guys who have been teaming together for a while, have tons of team chemistry, and are all under the impression that they're sticking together for the foreseeable future. Then, 3 days before the roster lock, one of your teammates drops everything and leaves, leaving you in a situation where you have to find someone that can replace that player's skill, talent, and team chemistry in 3 days. In that respect, Lethul fucked his old team over. 

CLG could have been bad, and EG could have been better, sure, but that's not what I'm talking about. He made a move and it definitely hurt his ex-team. 

Also not trying to hate on Lethul. Been a fan of his since 09. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or like, an overtime longer than three minutes and first to cap wins - just like previous titles? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think all of us here would agree with this, but since 343 wants the settings for HCS/HWC to be the same as their playlist, there is probably a 0% chance they do the 15 minute OT with sudden death flag cap setting. No way they want matchmade games to have that.

I think all of us here would agree with this, but since 343 wants the settings for HCS/HWC to be the same as their playlist, there is probably a 0% chance they do the 15 minute OT with sudden death flag cap setting. No way they want matchmade games to have that.

I'm sure no one is going to be upset when the only difference is this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think H5's OT rules are totally awful but they are unquestionably worse than what we used for years. There's no reason we shouldn't just do what we always did rather than changing things for the sake of change. Especially when the change is simply worse. We didn't use 15 min OT in the MLG playlist either. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Goldenboy saying silly shit is part of his charm, IMO.

I definitely agree with that! But I feel like sometimes he comes off as cringe worthy, whereas other times he genuinely makes me laugh. I wish he could find a way to eliminate the former and capitalize on the latter. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure no one is going to be upset when the only difference is this.

Yeah you're probably right, but we do have a track record to consider here..  :holmes:

That was another 2-0 that turned into a tie on Coli CTF.

Teams need to approach it like CLG: STAY aggressive until the very end, because if you let up and start playing lazy, it is so easy for top teams to capitalize on it. 

The increase in chances is irrelevant if he would have hypothetically won either way.

tumblr_n0e1nn6nYv1r93jsro1_500.gif

It went from a generous 60/40 to I'd say 80/20+. They just kicked the living shit out of the 'second best team at the event', 3/4 of his previous team but it's all irrelevant. EG might have won, but given their place in relation to the rest of the competition it would have been nowhere near as dominant or secure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So proud of the boys from Epsilon I think they just ran out of gas. They played nothing like yesterday which was heartbreaking as they really showed how good they could be.

Aside from that CLG are just looking so so dominant. It's crazy to see how they play so consistently. The cummies should be proud.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So proud of the boys from Epsilon I think they just ran out of gas. They played nothing like yesterday which was heartbreaking as they really showed how good they could be.

Aside from that CLG are just looking so so dominant. It's crazy to see how they play so consistently. The cummies should be proud.

It's a shame because petrol is so cheap here right now :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we stop complaining about the lack of double elim?  

No one agree's with the current format.

We've beaten this horse all season long.