CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That's dumb.

Why wouldn't they have the brackets pre set based on seeding.

The way actual sports do it.

How would you do it for Worlds? Problems:

• Regional rankings
  • Pool play teams matching in the bracket.
  • Compensation for topping the group.

Not to mention the seeding from NA qualifiers probably doesn't match the current rankings of the teams.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's dumb.

Why wouldn't they have the brackets pre set based on seeding.

The way actual sports do it.

They are using the same format as they do in the UEFA Champions League it seems like

Not a big fan of this 'random draw' with no double elimination considering how much is on the line even for finishing 2nd

But guys, winners and losers brackets are far too confusing for casuals

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snipedown

Roy

Jimbo

Snipedrone

Snipedown and Snipedrone on the same team will make this team too slow imo

Snipedown

Jimbo

Spartan

Stellur

I like this a lot

Snipedown

Spartan

Stellur

Ola

Interesting, but Roy>Ola in Halo 5

The champions league in soccer has a draw. Not every team can be seeded against one another when they are from different regions.

Edit: Also allows for teams to purposefully drop games to get a favorable bracket if they know where they end up.

I just meant 1st in A plays second in B, first in B plays second in A etc.

That way randomness doesn't have a huge impact in placements.

Gf is gone for the weekend, time to rock my FB hoodie, eat trash food and watch Halo all freaking weekend!

Edit: Also said screw it and decided to join the premium gang since I've been on this site so much this year. Gotta support the site that has constantly kept me interested in competitive Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

So it's entirely possible I'm missing something, but a major downside of pool play seems to be that we only have 1 good match today in Denial v Elevate. I know I'm BeatingADeadHorse.gif here, but this is why I'd much rather see double elim brackets over pools. I'd rather have quality matches than a pile of 3-0's.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snipedown

Roy

Jimbo

Snipedrone

Snipedown

Jimbo

Spartan

Stellur

Snipedown

Spartan

Stellur

Ola

All of those are random pipe dreams of mine (and in no way predictions), but all of those teams would be extremely intelligent and insta-contenders

Not a single one of those teams would be top 4 IMO, weird mismatches that would make the better players worse.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not gonna lie, this thread was nowhere near as active as I thought it would be.

Looking at stats right now, it's very active in the last few days.

Not a single one of those team would be top 4 IMO, weird mismatches that would make the better players worse.

IDK why everyone thinks a team of 4 big slayers would be so great. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just meant 1st in A plays second in B, first in B plays second in A etc.

That way randomness doesn't have a huge impact in placements.

but being drawn into group A or group B is random in the first place. so fixing the bracket after that draw is no different to randomising it except the teams don't know who they'll play. this ensures teams cannot throw games for a favourable bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Are their any bubble teams (games to watch) or 2-0 vs 2-0 today?

Denial (2-0) vs Elevate (2-0) - Winner gets first seed in their group

CLG (2-0) vs C9 (1-1) - CLG can knock out C9 with a win

Epsilon (1-1) vs Skyfire (0-2) - Epsilon can advance with a win and a C9 loss

Allegiance (1-1) vs Excel (1-1) - Winner gets second seed in their group

EG (1-1) vs Infused (1-1) - Winner gets second seed in their group 

Cd6y3QNUkAEKxBw.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

So it's entirely possible I'm missing something, but a major downside of pool play seems to be that we only have 1 good match today in Denial v Elevate. I know I'm BeatingADeadHorse.gif here, but this is why I'd much rather see double elim brackets over pools. I'd rather have quality matches than a pile of 3-0's.

We have the entirety of bracket play today (except Grand Finals).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Denial (2-0) vs Elevate (2-0) - Winner gets first seed in their group

CLG (2-0) vs C9 (1-1) - CLG can knock out C9 with a win

Epsilon (1-1) vs Skyfire (0-2) - Epsilon can advance with a win and a C9 loss

Allegiance (1-1) vs Excel (1-1) - Winner gets second seed in their group

EG (1-1) vs Infused (1-1) - Winner gets second seed in their group

Cd6y3QNUkAEKxBw.jpg

Dude...if Infused beats EG today the halo community will shit themselves.

I came into today without even one thought that EG would be playing for their lives in their last match.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude...if Infused beats EG today the halo community will shit themselves.

I came into today without even one thought that EG would be playing for their lives in their last match.

If they don't win, I can't say anything for the twins and Snipedown but sorry Commonly, I think you are a better fit somewhere else man.

InB4 EG wins lol.

QRIxGwL.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

They've always been that way bro. Their success has come as a duo, same as the ogres. They need to sit next to each other so they're in sync. Every tournament I can think of that they've won, they've sat next to each other. Always watching each other's screens and feeding off of that brotherly bond. Remember the synced chair rocking and fist pumping of X-games when they sat next to each other? Blood is thicker than water, and Custard is thicker than blood, and err.... They should sit next to each other

Awesome, but nowhere in my post did I suggest that they SHOULDN'T sit next to each other. They absolutely should.

What I *did* say was that I feel that is why they sat apart.

With the "skill gap"(and i'm using that term loosely for the sake of this post.) varying between teams as it is very plain to see....Bracket play would not stop the huge pile of 3-0s.  EDIT:  and in all honesty, with how lopsided some of these matches have/could've been, we could've had the entire event just yesterday.

This is like the straggler session of pool play and then bracket play starts.  Yes, i'd like old MLGish format of brackets, but we don't have it so no use complaining about it.  LOTS of great games are coming today.

but being drawn into group A or group B is random in the first place. so fixing the bracket after that draw is no different to randomising it except the teams don't know who they'll play. this ensures teams cannot throw games for a favourable bracket.

1 set of randomness is better than 2.

I seriously doubt teams would throw games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, I've been thinking about this ever since I saw Epsilon face C9, and I've come to the conclusion that Jimbo to EG is the only way for SnipeRoyBox to contest CLG. Jimbo's proven he can do it all: slay like a madman, PTFO, and make clutch plays by staying alive due to his movement skills. All these things will compliment EG's playstyle for sure because, and I mean no disrespect by this, Jimbo is a better Lethul imo. EG was dominant with Lethul, I think they'll be unstoppable with Jimbo.

Now, of course I'm putting Jimbo in Commonly's place here, and I'd like to say that I feel no ill will towards him, I think he's actually a really great player and a cool guy, but I just think his playstyle wasn't the right match for EG, and that's okay. I think he'd be great replacing Unlegit on TL, and I'd love to see him succeed no matter where he goes. Much love, Hamy. Don't think I'm hating pls.

The issue with all of this is the question mark over Lunchbox's head in regards to retirement. I'll say this once, and I'll say it a million times, Jason should NOT retire after this season. The reason his play hasn't been "up to par" isn't really because he's played poorly, he just needs a 4th that plays like Lethul to compliment him and his style. With Jimbo, I see no reason Lunch should retire. He'd be throwing away an amazing chance to dominate the scene once again, and make some #LIFECHANGING money doing it.

If Lunchbox does retire, we're stuck in a really weird place. Obviously Roy won't retire, he's performing too well to let his competitive nature go by the wayside. Snipedown+Roy is a damn fine duo of slayers, and throwing in Jimbo only makes it better. But now who would replace Lunchbox? They either need a 4th slayer (a la CLG) or they need an obj player. Who should they pickup? If they go slayer, my list of options to make a god squad are:

1. Mikwen, the dude always puts up huge numbers. Not sure if it'd be the best fit, but it needs to be tried.
  2. Ace, the Global Champ is great at slaying, unless he's getting his ankles broken by Naded he stays alive pretty well.
  3. Suspector? Idk, he's been getting a lot of love lately from the rest of the pros so maybe give him a shot.

If EG chooses to go with an obj player, they need either 2gre or Ola. Not even gonna make a list because these are obvious choices. Maybe there's an obj player I'm missing, but these two are historically great at playing obj.

That's pretty much it; EG needs Jimbo and Lunch shouldn't retire. #BleedBlue

Edit: You idiot, you forgot Heinz as an obj. Love me some ketchup too, Richie would be nice to see.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

snip

Stopped reading after "Jimbo is a better Lxthul."  Jimbo is probably the best EU player but it's a big fish in a small pond type deal, I don't even think he's better than Commonly. IMO EG don't need another slayer, which is what Jimbo is, thanks to support from the Buks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My heart is ready, beer is cold, and the pizza is getting hot. I'm ready for Day 2!

tumblr_mil7bwT2H71s46koto1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Probably" the best EU player? He's better than most NA players. This next season will see Jimbo in the NA scene, and he will hold the spotlight wherever he goes. If EG doesn't pick him up, they will live to regret it. Also the neg was prob unnecessary, but whatever

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Everyone's watching Daredevil season 2, mate.

I finished it last night at 3am, so good.  Now it's all Halo awwyeah.

• Upvote (+1) 2