CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All those people that said Renegades weren't going to make it out of groups 

tumblr_inline_o08kk7jDPJ1tqd5o8_500.gif

Who actually said that though? People said they were the most likely to get upset, which, fair enough, was wrong. Who actually predicted them to lose to Infused?

Or even worse play CLG first round.

I'm liquid fan so idc that much if they play CLG round 1, except EG will get lower placing than they deserve. Don't want liquid to have to play super hungry eg round 1

Who actually said that though? People said they were the most likely to get upset, which, fair enough, was wrong. Who actually predicted them to lose to Infused?

@@ssbChad was one. To be fair though, he also predicted Liquid over Allegiance.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm liquid fan so idc that much if they play CLG round 1, except EG will get lower placing than they deserve. Don't want liquid to have to play super hungry eg round 1

Yeah, all other teams should be hoping for an EG-CLG quarterfinal match up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well he's right in saying that Rig is not trip-cap based (same goes for Plaza), but he's wrong in critiquing Renegades' movement regardless. Their movement in that series was more focused on baiting basement and rotating through by capping BR.

It should also be noted that Renegades is one of the best at counter-setting up w/ BR and Nest, another thing that he ridicules when it is viable in certain situations.

Point still stands that he is stuck in Week 1, regardless of the actual analysis of what happened.

Almost every top team (exception being probably ONLY Evil Geniuses) push for three caps on every single Strongholds map.  Empire and Eden see them happen a lot more often due to the shapes of the map and how easy it is to wipe a spawn and start capping a new territory, but to say Rig/Plaza aren't trip-cap based kinda shortsells the facts.

Sure, you can win with a good set-up and holding 2 territories... but CLG, Renegades, Liquid, eLevate, Denial, and Allegiance have all been attempting 3 caps from what I've seen spectating scrims starting since about the week before Regionals.

Once you have an opening to reach BR (meaning, you arrive as they spawn back stairs), you get in the territory.  A teammate comes from long hall to Sniper spawn to get your help (or goes top Rail to get your help).  If you get the slays, the player in the territory finishes the cap, and the player at Rail / Sniper spawn rotates back to start spawn killing Carbine.  And from there, you get the momentum to spawn cycle and the opposing team is left trying to fight off of sporadic, asynchronous spawns and occasionally being left as split spawns, while also being in a dire circumstance of needing to get into a territory to stop the double point gain.

So you're stuck in a Catch-22 of "I can't cap a territory alone, so I need to wait for spawns." and "I can't wait for spawns, because we're hemorrhaging points right now."  ...and then you die whichever decision you tried to make.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean...a LOT of international players are playing on those NBA teams, so I still don't see the comparison.  During the Spurs' dominant run, two of the three best players on the team were international (Ginobili - Argentina, Parker - France).

Even with American dominance in basketball, they've been challenged at the international level numerous times.

it was a general reference not an exact comparison, people grow up with basketball and still have an opportunity to compete, there just isn't a league anywhere near the calibre of the nba, also there's no other sport that has one country more dominant than the us, that isn't local (nfl), i just can't think of a closer comparison, aside from other gaming communities, LoL being the obvious one.

Hopefully we see RNG vs ALG first round. Watching one of those teams get top 8 would be hilarious.

Imagine RNG vs ALG and EG vs CLG round 1. The forums would be like 

tumblr_nhvrzfr9Hb1r0h2z3o1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Everyone with one eye on the bracket now EG finishes in second.

ace-ventura-pet-detective-jim-carrey-che