CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How does that comparison even make any sense? Last time I checked, the NBA doesn't invite CSKA Moscow or any other international teams into their Playoffs.

sorry i was supposed to mention the olympics in that, the event where all countries compete, the key point is why make the competition so exclusive at the cost of downgrading global presence? akin to basketball where there's a good bet that the 30 nba teams would be above most countries, though with more representation through events like the olympics you see global competition, even if that's at the cost of a lower skill ceiling.

Edit: tormented already had it covered ;) EU and OCE teams will never be as large as NA, though it's not like it's a new development, these have been scenes since H1 too, and aside from the few chances to fly over this is the first event to truly allow foreign teams to have more of a chance, since at WCG NA sent their B teams

• Upvote (+1) 1

He would be making money off of another stream basically if he was just streaming it, it makes sense that M$ would have a problem with it.

More eyes on Halo would far exceed whatever monetary gain they'd lose to Summit. He'd bring an extra 20k viewers, even converting a few would net them $.

I'm actually quite sad about the Halo World Championship today...

because I was expecting way more dank memes in these forums.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

because I was expecting way more dank memes in these forums.   :kappa:

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Victory X Factor

With him playing well, RNG is a scary team!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

anyone else kinda wish you could see the players better? In a dark red room in harsh red light, can the players even see the screens lol? 

More eyes on Halo would far exceed whatever monetary gain they'd lose to Summit. He'd bring an extra 20k viewers, even converting a few would net them $.

I agree, I am just saying it doesn't surprise me with the way Microsoft is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

vw7te.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've gotta say, I love Walshy's articulation on stream and he's a very good personality, but his Commentary/Analysis is stuck back in Week 1 of Halo 5: Guardians.

He hasn't followed the game's evolution and shift in strategy/meta and he continually rehashes generic comments.

Renegades just 100-20'd Infused through some crazy Basement-BR rotations and baits, and he kept critiquing them for pushing BR via some really generic comments. I hope he talks to some high level players or starts playing again to learn how things have shifted.

Yep. Kept stating that they would get "punished" if they played like that against a top team...as if they hadn't just destroyed EG in a strongholds game like an hour ago.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've gotta say, I love Walshy's articulation on stream and he's a very good personality, but his Commentary/Analysis is stuck back in Week 1 of Halo 5: Guardians.

He hasn't followed the game's evolution and shift in strategy/meta and he continually rehashes generic comments.

Renegades just 100-20'd Infused through some crazy Basement-BR rotations and baits, and he kept critiquing them for pushing BR via some really generic comments. I hope he talks to some high level players or starts playing again to learn how things have shifted.

:walshy:

Was typing up the same thing when forum said there were new posts.

I 100% agree.  He's stated incorrect analysis, wrong assumptions of the metagame, and factual inaccuracies all day.

Literally every single Strongholds gametype is about trip-capping right now at the top level.  Teams know how and when to push a third territory, and are usually able to rotate back for spawn cycling, turning it into the same sort of snowballing you see in Slayer gametypes on those same maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How do i get that new emblem?

If you mean the new HWC Emblem in H5, its in the HWC REQ Pack. You get that by watching the stream on your Xbox on Sunday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

sorry i was supposed to mention the olympics in that, the event where all countries compete, the key point is why make the competition so exclusive at the cost of downgrading global presence? akin to basketball where there's a good bet that the 30 nba teams would be above most countries, though with more representation through events like the olympics you see global competition, even if that's at the cost of a lower skill ceiling.

I mean...a LOT of international players are playing on those NBA teams, so I still don't see the comparison.  During the Spurs' dominant run, two of the three best players on the team were international (Ginobili - Argentina, Parker - France).

Even with American dominance in basketball, they've been challenged at the international level numerous times.

hand-drawn-3d-stereographic-gifs-by-dain

• Upvote (+1) 7

Literally every single Strongholds gametype is about trip-capping right now at the top level.  Teams know how and when to push a third territory, and are usually able to rotate back for spawn cycling, turning it into the same sort of snowballing you see in Slayer gametypes on those same maps.

Well he's right in saying that Rig is not trip-cap based (same goes for Plaza), but he's wrong in critiquing Renegades' movement regardless. Their movement in that series was more focused on baiting basement and rotating through by capping BR.

It should also be noted that Renegades is one of the best at counter-setting up w/ BR and Nest, another thing that he ridicules when it is viable in certain situations.

Point still stands that he is stuck in Week 1, regardless of the actual analysis of what happened.

• Upvote (+1) 2