CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But guys...Allegiance is a top 3 team right? Winning online qualifiers means something right? Im not shocked. Theyve only regressed since their first event.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm so confused how issues like this happen...

Literally go into a custom game, test it out. If you are at a serious disadvantage COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN to a referee. Refuse to play the game until the issues are fixed. Look at what happened in NA qualifiers. They will fix it, someone just has to be adamant enough.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Twitch is working again for me! Yay! What'd I miss? :kappa:

Liquid 3-0 Allegiance

CLG dominating Skyfire.

So nothing LOL

But guys...Allegiance is a top 3 team right? Winning online qualifiers means something right? Im not shocked. Theyve only regressed since their first event.

To be fair to them, they were really good at Breakout, which was removed. I am sure that affected their overall skill. 

Wouldn't surprise me that there's audio issues. Right now I'm finding the main stage twitch I need to turn my volume up quite a bit, whereas the side stage twitch the volume is just fine. Anyone else notice this?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there even an audience? They need to get loud. 

Royal 2 posted a snapchat of the Allegiance series, before CLG played Epsilon. Maybe 20 people were there, with a lot of empty chairs

• Upvote (+1) 1

It does feel like ALG has reached their peak. Walshy is 100% right.

I really wish that the casters would stop referring to Allegiance as the "#1 NA seeded team".  It sends the message that they are the top team when in reality they have NEVER been the actual top team in this game.  Big whoop; they held the "#1 seed" based off of online play.  Liquid beating them isn't surprising at all; in fact it was quite obvious that Allegiance would continue to dwindle away as this game progressed...especially with breakout removed.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Perhaps online qualifiers don't mean a thing. However they finished 3rd at Xgames and 3rd/4th at NA regionals. They came into this event as a top 3 team. No doubt.

Credit where it's due - Liquid have improved immensely. I'm please, too. Richie Heniz is one of the most likable human beings on the planet.

Those where close, scappy, games. Perfect start to the tournament in terms of excitement. Even as a Naded fanboy.

• Upvote (+1) 7

:salt: Never understood the point of basically saying GG to you guys, but it was only close because of such and such.

:| It's just standard. Here's Jimbo's GG:

I really wish that the casters would stop referring to Allegiance as the "#1 NA seeded team".  It sends the message that they are the top team when in reality they have NEVER been the actual top team in this game.  Big whoop; they held the "#1 seed" based off of online play.  Liquid beating them isn't surprising at all; in fact it was quite obvious that Allegiance would continue to dwindle away as this game progressed...especially with breakout removed.

I mean... I think they are depicting a story line here. They ARE the #1 seed. You can say whatever you like, but they won the majority of the online tournaments. They aren't saying they are the "favored" or "top" team. The casters are speaking in facts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"What better way to show your love for Halo esports than to wear it on your (armored) sleeve? In celebration of the tournament, anyone who watches the Finals broadcast – starting on Sunday at 4 p.m. PT on their Xbox One or Twitch – can get the Halo World Championship REQ Pack for free. This special HaloWC REQ Pack includes the all new “Ultra Rare” Challenger armor set and HaloWC 2016 emblem. Act fast as this is only available until 9 a.m. PT on Mar. 21."

From: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-ie/community/halo-championship-series in case anybody needed clarification. There's also a HWC gamerpic being rolled out.

Twitch having issues is really disappointing. Bad timing.

I'm slightly changing my Group picks.

Group A: 1 - Liquid, 2 - Allegiance

Called it

8qlZ4eT.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean... I think they are depicting a story line here. They ARE the #1 seed. You can say whatever you like, but they won the majority of the online tournaments. They aren't saying they are the "favored" or "top" team. The casters are speaking in facts.

How could they possibly still be the "#1 Seed" when they didn't even win Regionals?

I'm sorry, but after that LAN event the "Online seeds" mean literally dick-all.

• Upvote (+1) 4

How could they possibly still be the "#1 Seed" when they didn't even win Regionals?

I'm sorry, but after that LAN event the "Online seeds" mean literally dick-all.

They are just talking points for the casters. Calm it down a notch.

• Upvote (+1) 1