CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You had to know the downvotes were coming after this one LOL 

I did.

But most people are still missing the point. There have been occasions where people have posted about who plays for a specific team, why a move is so big and so forth. For instance, when OGRE2 was dropped in place of Lethul, most people who are 'new' to the halo community were perplexed and confused as to why the GOAT was dropped for Lethul. I've posted myself, after being away for a few days what the recent updates are with rosters, announcements and so forth...

I digress.

The point I was making is that despite these videos being good (I never once said they were shit or stupid), it would've been nice to have a 10-15 second history on why this player is relevant or what it means from going to one team to another etc. etc. It's not only helpful to the halo community (who are mostly in the know) but it would be extremely helpful for the people outside of the halo community looking in.

That's all it was.

Never said the content was shit.

*flies away* 

• Upvote (+1) 9

At a presentation at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco today, Microsoft announced a new set of tools that will make it possible for game developers to run competitive tournaments through Xbox Live. Called the "Xbox Live Tournaments Program," the new initiative is described by Jason Ronald, head of the Xbox Advanced Technology Group, as "easy to integrate tournaments" that will be powered by Xbox Live and can be customized by the developers depending on the game or tournament.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/16/11245816/microsoft-xbox-live-e-sport-tournaments-game-developers

huh

• Upvote (+1) 8

Has anything more been said on just how they are handling the HCs REQ pack this weekend? Any certain amount of time needed to watch or anything like that?

You need to be on during the Finals watching via Twitch.tv/halo through the Xbox Twitch App or through the XLEi app on Xbox. It has to be on Xbox though. However they have said you can watch a rebroadcast of the finals before March 21st to get the pack

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hi

I work for a marketing research consultancy, and although these videos are definitely good i.e. generating a backstory and providing high-level insight, it's not really groundbreaking (and I don't expect these videos to be either). However, these videos do lack content which would entice other 'non-halo' viewers to understand who, what and why these guys are mentioned in the first place.

I dont mean to bash!

Working for a marketing research consultancy is great and all, but it's not as valid as what "just feels" right to some users on this board.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Working for a marketing research consultancy is great and all, but it's not as valid as what "just feels" right to some users on this board.

Except he tried to validate what he was saying by trying to gain credibility by posting his occupation. If what he was saying was strong enough to stand on its own then he would not have said his occupation.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Except he tried to validate what he was saying by trying to gain credibility by posting his occupation. If what he was saying was strong enough to stand on its own then he would not have said his occupation.

Please don't neg rep me. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Please don't neg rep me. 

Neg Rep must be earned, besides I used words instead of down voting you just like your signature said to do ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have many of yall watched Towey's gameplay analysis of Commonly on Towey's youtube videos? Based on those videos, I can see how his play can really hurt EG against the better teams. Not saying he's their sole problem and everyone has bad games, but man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Team Liquid could end up in the finals, as long as they don't have to beat CLG (same be could be said for a few other teams though). 

They're definitely being slept on. 

We're a lumpier bed than eLevate or Denial, much harder to sleep on.

Optic just got sponsored by Pepsi and Brisk

From watching the video, looks like the sponsorship is exclusively the Brisk Mate (MAH TAY, not mate as in friend/fuckbuddy) drink.  Slight buzzkill.

Lance Armstrong publicly confessed to blood doping on the Oprah show.  Are we sure we want her involved in halo?  :lxthul:

Louis confirmed next Oprah guest?

Have many of yall watched Towey's gameplay analysis of Commonly on Towey's youtube videos? Based on those videos, I can see how his play can really hurt EG against the better teams. Not saying he's their sole problem and everyone has bad games, but man.

Those are the videos that prompted me to post about how Commonly has turned out to not be the best pickup for EG (to which Commonly actually replied to me). Like you said, everyone has bad games, and it's online, but still, it's something to consider.

EG have confirmed their first choice was Naded.  He declined so they got their second choice in Commonly.  

^Speaks the Truth

Yes.

Was watching Roy's stream a couple days after.  He said he wasnt trying to deceive anybody and the first person they went to was naded to "ask if he would be interested in teaming with them".  he said he wasn't so they went to Commonly.  He probably explained this a half dozen times while i was watching.

And lets not get hung up on semantics here, asking if he was interested is realistically the same as offering him a spot on the team.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I may be mis-remembering but I'm pretty sure Roy said (during one of his streams) that they reached out to one other player (didn't specifically name Naded but it was pretty obvious) to gauge that person's interest.  He told them he was not interested so they went to Commonly.

Sounds a lot to me like if Naded would have been interested there was a fairly high chance he would have been EG's 4th.  Maybe Naded was never *officially* offered, but that's kind of splitting hairs.

Edit: @ beat me by 1 whole minute.. dang gotta be fast around here. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

breaking news

Naded didn't want to team with EG over Cratos

internet explorer 2016

• Upvote (+1) 5

Imagine the bickering levels of Naded on EG  :wutface:

I think EG would've gone with 2gre had they not been concerned about sheer firepower of CLG.

Imagine the bickering levels of Naded on EG  :wutface:

I think EG would've gone with 2gre had they not been concerned about sheer firepower of CLG.

I still think there was a fair amount of damage control involved with EG's search for a 4th as they clearly were not the top team anymore.

Poaching a player off CLG was not realistic in any sense of the word, so I think by going after Naded they hoped to diffuse the hottest team at that time.  Naded declined so then it became a question of who the next hottest team was, and that was RNG.