CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Here's my question: how major is that powerup glitch/custom game lag out issue? I'm hoping it doesn't pop up during the event, that would suck for viewership/potentials moving forward.

It's pretty common right now for scrims. Happening multiple times during 1 scrim series. It can happen for multiple reasons such as:

- Doing the beatdown pickup glitch

- Dying on top of the powerup

- Ground pounding the powerup can move it and glitch it out

- At the start of a game for apparently no reason at all

But, Snakebite said on one of his streams that a 343 employee has claimed it doesn't happen on closed servers.

Whether this is true or not, we'll obviously find out this weekend.

---

In my personal opinion, were going to see this several times throughout the weekend, and I wish 343 would tell us the rule beforehand when it comes to replays for when the glitch happens.

Otherwise you're going to see teams that are losing attempt to powerup glitch break the game and try to get a replay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whoever was appointed to produce these hype videos understands how to produce quality content and generate viewer engagement. Great stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Off topic but I just got banned for 3 days for disconnecting from a game.These bans are absolutely ******** 343 needs to get their shit together.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Hey guys, i worked with stored data of all generated online matchups (since regionals) and build an team stats overview page.

I´ll also attach a screenshot of the main view but on the actual page you can select a team and get to see all teams they played against with associated total scores.

When a team is selected the "recent results" will be filtered to just include the series of the selected team. 

Additionally basic total playerstats (with dmg/death) for each team are rendered.

Preferred to view on desktop version as you can also see map stats for each gametype (and vs each team) there when hovering over scores.

http://halo5arena.com/teamstats

Great stuff, dude. Your site is killing it for stat-heads. Any chance we could get dmg/min on player pages? Seems like that would tell more about a player than dmg/game. Also would really love it if you could search 4 players and see their stats when they play together. Basically like your pro-stats, but available to any To4 that's played together.

Regardless, great job.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hi

I work for a marketing research consultancy, and although these videos are definitely good i.e. generating a backstory and providing high-level insight, it's not really groundbreaking (and I don't expect these videos to be either). However, these videos do lack content which would entice other 'non-halo' viewers to understand who, what and why these guys are mentioned in the first place.

I dont mean to bash!

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 32

Hi

I work for a marketing research consultancy, and although these videos are definitely good i.e. generating a backstory and providing high-level insight, it's not really groundbreaking (and I don't expect these videos to be either). However, these videos do lack content which would entice other 'non-halo' viewers to understand who, what and why these guys are mentioned in the first place.

I dont mean to bash!

Get em boyz.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that he turned down EG is a testament to this and fits right in line with what you'd expect him to do based on his experience.

He was considered, not offered.

Lol.

I never said the content was rubbish.

You misunderstood the whole point I was making.

The content is good.

It's really good.

BUT it doesnt provide insight to players outside of the Halo community.

I'm sure for Worlds 2017 we can take this on and invite Oprah as a side pundit with Benson to discuss the life and times of our pro players.

Hi

I work in a care home and I don't give a shit what you think, it's great content imo. 

I don't mean to bash! 

:) :) :) :)

I didn't know TB was so sensitive.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hi

I dont mean to bash!

I don't believe the intent of the "Hype" videos is to  bring in a new viewer base. The videos are for the Halo Community itself so many of the people who have been watching all season can understand most of the videos content without issue. The actual trailer for World would be more oriented towards picking up a new viewer base. I think they are doing a fine job.

Hi

I dont mean to bash!

You had to know the downvotes were coming after this one LOL 

I'm sure for Worlds 2017 we can take this on and invite Oprah as a side pundit with Benson to discuss the life and times of our pro players.

Lance Armstrong publicly confessed to blood doping on the Oprah show.  Are we sure we want her involved in halo?  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 6

He was considered, not offered.

EG have confirmed their first choice was Naded.  He declined so they got their second choice in Commonly.  

• Upvote (+1) 6

Has anything more been said on just how they are handling the HCs REQ pack this weekend? Any certain amount of time needed to watch or anything like that?