CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No, he's saying the existence of placement matches (aka, the ability to skip having to grind against people ranked 1-40 to reach decent opponents) makes it better than what H2/H3 had.

And I agree, you get to more quality opponents much faster.

Yes, in Halo 5 you do get to your skill level more quickly. However, once you get there it is now an unfair mess due to lack of party restrictions. So as a "ranking" system yea Halo 5 is more efficient. But as a matching system Halo 3 blows it out of the water.

@@TheDood so I don't have to reply twice.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CLG

Denial

EG

Liquid

ALG

RNG

C9

Elevate

Hm. Thats...interesting. Obviously possible, but idk if I'd put ALG that low, or RNG.

ALG: 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd/4th. Interesting that you have them being beaten by Denial AND Liquid

LQD: 5th-8th, 3rd-4th, 5th-8th, 3rd-4th, 5th-8th, 5th-8th

and I dont recall Denials placings, but they placed sub standard throughout the season up til Regionals.

Top 5 montages 

1) Zola Legacy

2) Str8 Rippin tage

3) Roadblock Final h3 tage

4) Hyena Mastery

5) Lethul H5M1

Imma let you finish but Neighbor's H4M2 was one of the greatest montages of all time.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

H3 forced you to stomp noobs for 40 games to get to a decent level. In H5 maybe in 20 games or less you're matching your skill level.

accidental neg  :wutface:

aka f u  :kappa:

Wtf was that how didn't Ace died. 4 shots + melee

also gave him the lunge but no melee.

Hm. Thats...interesting. Obviously possible, but idk if I'd put ALG that low, or RNG.

ALG: 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd/4th. Interesting that you have them being beaten by Denial AND Liquid

LQD: 5th-8th, 3rd-4th, 5th-8th, 3rd-4th, 5th-8th, 5th-8th

and I dont recall Denials placings, but they placed sub standard throughout the season up til Regionals.

If Liquid beats Allegiance in their group, for his placings to work...

Group B: EG 1st, RNG 2nd

Group C: Denial 1st, eLevate 2nd

Group D: CLG 1st, C9 2nd.

Denial would have to be on the opposite side of the bracket from CLG for his placings to work, so CLG would have to play eLevate, RNG, or Allegiance.

C9 would have to be on Denial's side of the bracket, then.

If Liquid were drawn on Denial's side of the bracket, it means Allegiance are on CLG's side, and that means EG will be on CLG's side and RNG on Denial's.

Potential valid bracket draw for his predictions to work:

CLG

eLevate

EG

Allegiance

Liquid

C9

Denial

RNG

If Liquid lost to Allegiance, I don't think his placings would be possible to draw a valid bracket to produce without another upset in another group.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wouldn't EG and RNG have to be on opposite sides of the bracket since they're in the same group

Shit, you're right.  Fixed.

...which defeated the point I was trying to illustrate that a bad bracket draw could mess things up.

I don't think it's really possible to draw a bracket where Renegades and Allegiance get 5-8th -AND- EG gets 3rd/4th, because for a reasonable prediction for EG to get 3rd/4th, they have to match CLG in Semis (in my opinion) -- and for them to match CLG in Semis, it means Renegades aren't on that side of the bracket, which gives Renegades a lot better hope of getting out of Quarters, since they don't match CLG right off.

Please run me through it. I'm not on his level of mastery of the English language.

oh believe me, I will not dispute that.

AmX1SUR.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some random Maths, based off the assumption that CLG/C9 escape group D, and modeled if CLG were the first team drawn for the bracket:

If you take 1st in your group, you have a 1 in 3 chance of ending up on the same side of the bracket as CLG.

If you take 2nd in your group, you have a 2 in 3 chance of ending up on the same side of the bracket as CLG.

(Not 50/50, because C9 cannot be on CLG's side of the bracket.)

If you take 1st in your group and are not named CLG, you have a 33.33% chance to match C9, and a 44.44% chance to match any of the other 2nd place teams that weren't in your group.

An unrelated crazy/stupid thought, but a thought nonetheless:

Quarterfinals are Best of 5.

Semifinals/Finals are Best of 7.

It's easier/more realistic to take 3 games off CLG than it is to take 4.

What if EG were to sandbag in order to take 2nd in their group in order to try to face CLG in Quarterfinals to have a better chance to win the series against them?

The gamble to end all gambles.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does this mean we don't have to see the stupid spinny montage between every match?

Inb4 we get new forge videos showing World of Warcraft recreations.

...as someone who used to play WoW way too much, I'd be okay with this. 

heres my prediction. trying to include all possible scenarios

1st clg

2nd-3rd-eg

2nd 3rd -rng (assuming eg is on opposite side of bracket from clg so they can get 2nd...rng will face clg in semis and lose....if eg is on same side of clg i think rng can make it to finals and eg will have to take 3rd again even though they are 2nd best team)

3rd-8th ALG (i think rng/clg/rng will all beat alg. but alg vs rng will be a great match and can go either way. alg best draw would be eg and clg on same side of bracket and playing cloud 9 in first round > rng in semis with rng getting a good draw and playing denial/elevate winner first round. this is the only bracket i see alg have a possibility of getting top 2 with...or rng first and denial/elevate winner in semis. if they play rng first though i think they will lose and get 8th even though i think they are a top 4 team.

3rd-8th Liquid. They will lose pool play. and will lose to clg/eg first round but beat denial and go to semis if they are lucky to get matched against denial.

3rd-8th denial. 8th if they draw renigades/liquid first round of bracket. and 8th if they lose to elevate in pool play(which i think is a possibility). I think they will win pool play though. they need to draw c9 first round to get to semis though IMO. 

5th-8th c9. They actually have a chance to make semi finals. i think if they get matched up against group c winner denial/elevate they have a chance. I think they would lose to denial and win against elevate which is why i put them here between the 2. 

5th-8th elevate. elevates best chance is to win pool play and play c9 first round. even than i think c9 will beat elevate

9th epsilon- dont sleep on these guys! I think there is a possibility of epsilon beating cloud 9. We all saw epsilon perform pretty good at xgames and even beating renigades....def a possibility. I even think epsilon could make semis with the right draw. they need to beat c9 in pool play and than hopefully draw the group c winner denial/elevate. how crazy would that be? long shot but possible IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ex-Elevate stats over time

RiN6WWA.png

YHhqfua.png

Quick feedback (love your stats): I know this would require separate graphics each time but maybe you should tailor the y-axis on the graph based on the spread and put a point for each data point you have? I think it'd be more interesting to know the nitty gritty of each online cup / ladder with more detailed or scoped in y-axis.

Quick feedback (love your stats): I know this would require separate graphics each time but maybe you should tailor the y-axis on the graph based on the spread and put a point for each data point you have? I think it'd be more interesting to know the nitty gritty of each online cup / ladder with more detailed or scoped in y-axis.

I thought about it. But sometimes teams in cups played 3 games or less. I hate including sample sizes that small. They're already too small sometimes for my liking.

And the middle point is cups and ladder matches. Ladder matches happened throughout the course of the season, so there's not really a point I could place them.

Does this mean we don't have to see the stupid spinny montage between every match?

No, we'll just see the same trailers on repeat for Warcraft ALL weekend.

Ninja was having one of those days. He plays amazing some scrims and like this in others. He needs to be on his a-game at Worlds or they might not even make it out of their pool.

Against high-caliber teams he struggles.

Against 4-8 teams he shines.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, we'll just see the same trailers on repeat for Warcraft ALL weekend.

Don't forget some Mega Block creations in there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has the format for worlds been mentioned yet? I know there is a group stage but is it single elim after groups like regionals? Or is there a losers bracket as well.

Against high-caliber teams he struggles.

Against 4-8 teams he shines.

yeah, because high-caliber team punishes him for all the stupid shit he does. He gets away with it against people he's a step or two better than, and that somehow makes him think his decisions are great.