CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Teams might actually be dodging CLG for scrims right now. 11 days out and they've been trying to find someone to scrim them for the past hour? #CLGBlacklist

Might not be the popular opinion but still:

Name bias is not strong. If we were going by name bias in terms of accomplishments, then Allegiance and Renegades wouldn't be top teams. When was the last time any player on either team won something big? Name bias really only affects EG and CLG. 

How can you deduce anything from 2 LANs in H5? Outside of EG and CLG, it is a crapshoot for 3 onward. 2 LANs aren't enough to determine anything really. I don't think much can be said outside of the fact that CLG and EG are the top teams on LAN. Arguably, everyone else "hasn't shown up." Allegiance was considered the top team going into X-Games because of their online placings, and they didn't win. They were the top seeded team going into Regionals (though CLG was better), and didn't win. I don't see how anything besides what I mentioned can be taken away from LANs when there have been so few of them. 

I think ALG has proven themselves on LAN. Remember that the tournaments that seeded them were Bo3 single elim with breakout, so it's not like they just didn't show up on LAN, they were pretty much playing a different game. Without breakout and with Bo5 no one really expected them to be the #1 team

CLG warming up to scrim. RNG vs Denial happening right now (Currently 1-1) at http://twitch.tv/bubudubu_ I also heard from Commonly that EG is scrimming tonight. I doubt anyone on EG will stream, but I'm pretty sure they are about to scrim CLG so we should be fine.

Can people start tweeting @quindelhoyo about the state of arena?  Constantly starting games 3v4, bad servers, torque, overgrowth, riptide.  Coliseum's rarity.  stuff like this

• Upvote (+1) 7

Might not be the popular opinion but still:

Name bias is not strong. If we were going by name bias in terms of accomplishments, then Allegiance and Renegades wouldn't be top teams. When was the last time any player on either team won something big? Name bias really only affects EG and CLG. 

How can you deduce anything from 2 LANs in H5? Outside of EG and CLG, it is a crapshoot for 3 onward. 2 LANs aren't enough to determine anything really. I don't think much can be said outside of the fact that CLG and EG are the top teams on LAN. Arguably, everyone else "hasn't shown up." Allegiance was considered the top team going into X-Games because of their online placings, and they didn't win. They were the top seeded team going into Regionals (though CLG was better), and didn't win. I don't see how anything besides what I mentioned can be taken away from LANs when there have been so few of them. 

You really don't think there's any name bias for Renegades? Yes, it's true that Ninja, Spartan and Stellur have no major event accomplishments, which makes it even funnier, but the community loves the former two, so their teams are consistently overrated as contenders, despite the fact that neither of them have placed top 3 since Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

CLG warming up to scrim. RNG vs Denial happening right now (Currently 1-1) at http://twitch.tv/bubudubu_ I also heard from Commonly that EG is scrimming tonight. I doubt anyone on EG will stream, but I'm pretty sure they are about to scrim CLG so we should be fine.

EG is scrimming Liquid, another team that ignored all messages from CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The non-CLG teams have formed a union to prevent CLG from getting any more practice. Interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can people start tweeting @quindelhoyo about the state of arena?  Constantly starting games 3v4, bad servers, torque, overgrowth, riptide.  Coliseum's rarity.  stuff like this

We need to talk 343 into making an HCS playlist. Hardly any pros actually play Arena because of all the uncompetitive maps and gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's ok I'll find unknown teams to scrim they'll probably be better practice 

The Reality Check farm system strikes again?

Honestly. Teams would benefit the most by scrimming CLG.

They don't wanna get anal-ed on stream. At this point i'm not even sure if I'm joking.

The lack of attention to it on these forums leads me to believe that people on here don't even play Halo 5 much lol. It's a true disaster of a playlist right now with how many gametypes are dodged. It's not the players fault, its 343 for filling it with awful nonsensical gametypes with weightings in favor of new maps. I can hardly play it anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For some odd reason, people see Renegades as a legit top 3 team, despite the fact that they lose to top 8-16 teams on LAN, and ALG as a fluke online team, despite the fact that the only teams they've lost to on LAN ended up placing 2nd at the respective events.

Name bias is strong.

Except Renegades two losses in bracket stage were both to CLG at X-Games and Regionals, so your whole argument is sort of flawed. Allegiance never even had to face the clearly best team in the game in either bracket. Same thing would have happened to them in the quarterfinals at Regionals.

Renegades other loss was to Liquid while on Blue side at Regionals. Not saying they would have won the series, because they probably still would have lost, but to think that it was a fair series technology wise is completely bias (since you're very obviously biased against Renegades). 

Also, Allegiance was doing pretty well in scrims back then as well, and they've clearly been caught up to by many teams. Not necessarily saying they aren't as good as Renegades, but to think they're clearly the better team is also bias.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For some odd reason, people see Renegades as a legit top 3 team, despite the fact that they lose to top 8-16 teams on LAN, and ALG as a fluke online team, despite the fact that the only teams they've lost to on LAN ended up placing 2nd at the respective events.

Name bias is strong.

I don't know man, I feel like that's some pretty stellur reasoning, don't you think?

Edit:

mental-five.gif

Except Renegades two losses in bracket stage were both to CLG at X-Games and Regionals, so your whole argument is sort of flawed. Allegiance never even had to face the clearly best team in the game in either bracket. 

EG @ XGAMES? Allegiance have a Record of 7-1 against Renegades on LAN

• Upvote (+1) 2

Except Renegades two losses in bracket stage were both to CLG at X-Games and Regionals, so your whole argument is sort of flawed. Allegiance never even had to face the clearly best team in the game in either bracket. Same thing would have happened to them in the quarterfinals at Regionals.

Renegades other loss was to Liquid while on Blue side at Regionals. Not saying they would have won the series, because they probably still would have lost, but to think that it was a fair series technology wise is completely bias (since you're very obviously biased against Renegades). 

Also, Allegiance was doing pretty well in scrims back then as well, and they've clearly been caught up to by many teams. Not necessarily saying they aren't as good as Renegades, but to think they're clearly the better team is also bias.

Where did I state that Allegiance is clearly the superior team? I just think it's funny how RNG is viewed by many as a legit contender while ALG is viewed by many as online fluke kids, despite Allegiance looking strong on LAN and RNG looking shaky. I think a LAN bracket-series between the two, at this point, would go to 6 or 7 games with Allegiance coming out on top.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Zero point. This community doesn't have a voice.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4