CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can see Stellur going back to Optic if RNG doesn't do well at Worlds, and FS/Maniac keep playing and improving. I'm sure he misses the team attitude/chemistry of Optic, when compared to his current squad. 

Also, will be interesting to see where nV, WFX & old-eLevaTe players go. 

I feel like C9 could potentially do big things at worlds.  They are showing some good results against good teams in scrims, and they have a pretty nice bracket if they get out of pools which they most likely will.

Uh... we don't know the bracket though. The 1-4 and 5-8 seeds will be random. (Group winners being a 1-4 seed and runner-ups a 5-8 seed.)

Uh... we don't know the bracket though. The 1-4 and 5-8 seeds will be random. (Group winners being a 1-4 seed and runner-ups a 5-8 seed.)

They wont have to face CLG and CLG will be knocking out other good teams.

This is entirely untrue, or is at least true on an inconsistent basis.

The problem of Powerup Pickups being broken is tied to the update, not the Insta-Glitch. There are times where the initial OS of a game can't even be picked up.

I consistently try to do the powerup trick in every game I play and have never experienced issues with disconnects/crashes etc., so unless 343 comments I doubt these two are connected.

As for the delayed time it could be related to the pickup but once again, the Hammer Storm update caused changes to Powerups as a whole so ideally 343 can fix all of these issues and keep the instant-trick in for Worlds.

Damn, well maybe they're just terrible coincidences. I've watched all my teams scrims and everytime their games broke it was seconds after someone did the glitch. I'm convinced the delay is for sure tied to the glitch considering we tried it on every map and it delays it by 10 seconds 100% of the time. It only started being game breaking after the new patch but there's for sure something about the glitch that triggers the game to break in some way whether it be a 10 sec delay, server crash, or just a permanent power up that can't be picked up

• Upvote (+1) 1

They wont have to face CLG and CLG will be knocking out other good teams.

This is true, but who is to say they don't get EG first round? Afaik, that is easily within the realm of possibility. Not having to face CLG is a huge advantage though.

Damn, well maybe they're just terrible coincidences. I've watched all my teams scrims and everytime their games broke it was seconds after someone did the glitch. I'm convinced the delay is for sure tied to the glitch considering we tried it on every map and it delays it by 10 seconds 100% of the time. It only started being game breaking after the new patch but there's for sure something about the glitch that triggers the game to break in some way whether it be a 10 sec delay, server crash, or just a permanent power up that can't be picked up

The 10 seconds is definitely due to the glitch, but I've never had the game break on me and I use it every chance I have. I've only ever seen a powerup that couldn't be picked up once, and that was at the start of the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

IF. That's a big allegation to make without any proof.

he doesn't have to give us any proof. Only the courts if noble takes them there
  • Upvote (+1) 1

currently in the finals of an Insomnia Cup, winner gets tickets to i57! 

twitch.tv/batchford

• Upvote (+1) 5

twitch.tv/batchford

Gl m8

I know its a little early to bring this up, but is anyone else excited to see all the team changes after worlds? I can def see sStellur leaving RNG - I just don't think he gets along with them great and the decision to team was kind of quick/forced for Xgames. I would also love to see suspector leave AE since he's a great player but I think that team has built up such a great friendship that they won't split. Def can see Liquid splitting if they perform poorly, and with the performance DNL has had of late I can see other top teams trying to steal some of those players. WFX best player this season seemed to be Shooter, wonder if he'll make a move, and FS/Maniac made it pretty clear on their Vlogs that they are waiting for other teams to make adjustments so Gary/Chaser will probably be on other teams come next season.

Also CLG will win Worlds, no question. *Throws the Royalwig up**

NV APG PBEJHfn.png

twitch.tv/batchford

How did this go? Didn't get a chance to tune in before it ended.

Why didn't Optic enter this tourney?  I know they are taking a bit of time off but they need all the practice they can get against good teams.

Probably because they waiting till after worlds to see what their team will actually be. Seems pretty clear imo that at least 1 change is being made to the roster, whether they keep gary or not is tbd

How did this go? Didn't get a chance to tune in before it ended.

We got the hot penis but I have never scrimmed them so I was basically going in blind, along with having a pick up etc. Gonna try talk to Septic and get some stuff set up for the coming weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reading the past few pages of this discussion has been lke reading YouTube comments. "X is better than Y." "No, Y is better than X because..." "You're all idiots, Z is clearly better" etc. etc. If you're going to have this kind of argument, define "better". These guys are professionals, right? Therefore, the only meaningful measure of success is the amount of money they've earned from the game during their careers, right?  Oh, "pro" doesn't mean that in the context of Halo? OK then, well, how do we determine that one player is better than another? Total kills? Assists? Accuracy? If one player goes 20-0 and another goes 0-20 with 30 assists and 90% accuracy, who's better?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Probably because they waiting till after worlds to see what their team will actually be. Seems pretty clear imo that at least 1 change is being made to the roster, whether they keep gary or not is tbd

The smartest call, tbh. Although they could at try practicING with their current team

• Upvote (+1) 1

I must have tbagged that pregnant nun dude a few too many times in h3 matchmaking  :bman:

Careful now, you don't want to get fined.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Scores and stats from last night's tournaments and scrims:

Allegiance 2 - 0 Denial

Game 1 - SH Plaza, AE Wins 100-36

Game 2 - TS Eden, AE Wins 50-33

Allegiance 2 - 0 Cloud 9

Game 1 - CTF Coliseum, AE Wins 3-0

Game 2 - TS Truth, AE Wins 50-42

Liquid 1 - 3 Renegades

Game 1 - SH The Rig, RNG Wins 100-33

Game 2 - TS Truth, LQD Wins 50-47

Game 3 - CTF Truth, RNG Wins 3-1

Game 4 - CTF Fathom, RNG Wins 3-2

Allegiance 2 - 3 Renegades

Game 1 - CTF Truth, RNG Wins 3-1

Game 2 - TS Plaza, RNG Wins 50-24

Game 3 - SH Plaza, AE Wins 100-12

Game 4 - SH The Rig, AE Wins 100-60

Game 5 - TS Truth, RNG Wins 50-36

CLG 3 - 0 Renegades

Game 1 - CTF Coliseum, CLG Wins 3-0

Game 2 - TS Truth, CLG Wins 50-44

Game 3 - SH Plaza, CLG Wins 100-28

Liquid 4 - 4 eLevate

Game 1 - CTF Fathom, ELV Wins 3-2

Game 2 - TS Regret, ELV Wins 50-43

Game 3 - SH Plaza, LQD Wins 100-88

Game 4 - TS Coliseum, LQD Wins 50-37

Game 5 - CTF Truth, LQD Wins 2-0

Game 6 - TS Eden, ELV Wins 50-44

Game 7 - TS Plaza, ELV Wins 50-47

Game 8 - SH Eden, LQD Wins 100-27

• Upvote (+1) 4

oh look, RNG beating a team online that they get stomped by on LAN

Wait... there's LAN now?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait... there's LAN now?  :kappa:

Is there any proof that playing on closed servers is any different from playing on LAN? Aside from the fact that you need the XBL connection to get on the game.