CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i never really understood why people tweet this stuff tbh.  Like its harmless and i understand wanting to express yourself so its all good, let him enjoy it.  I just feel like if it means something to you, let it mean something to you, you dont need to make sure the rest of the world knows you think that.

But at the same time, i can see that if hes thinking something and hes connecting with it, he would want to share it with people and express himself.  Just seems kind of silly to me personally.  Ace does the same shit

You do know what twitter is for right?....To express yourself...

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLG scrimming Liquid.

First match Truth flag. Lethul goes 12-0 and APG lets loose the goose  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 2

You do know what twitter is for right?....To express yourself...

Ya i dont disagree with it, i like that there is a place for people to express themselves.  Just seems like Maniac says a lot of things out of no where for no reason other than to say it and have people see that he said it.  And thats perfectly fine, there really is no discussion to have here lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry if this has been asked, but did we ever find out what the information coming on march 4 was about?  I haven't seen anything and was just wondering if I missed something.  At least I thought they said march 4.

I don't know if this was asked of before but are the ranks messed up? I cannot seem to place Onyx anymore after the first 10 games. Also, it feels like everyone is quitting way too often now. Sorry, I am just salty that I got placed in Platinum 5.

What happened is they re distributed your expected rank based on previous ratings and the current population and then made you start from there in your placement matches. That's how stuff happens like me doing all 10 placements and then being placed diamond 6 while my cousin, who did all 10 placements with me, was placed at 1650 Onyx while having somewhat worse stats over those same 10 games. Its all because I played on multiple accounts in previous Arena seasons where he only played on the one and thus had a higher rating previously. Its not the worst system ever but that does bring a magnifying glass up to a fault that is present. Its no big deal getting back into Onyx though.

This does bring me to a strange question though. What is the point of seasons if your rating is never actually reset but instead made invisible for 10 games?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sorry if this has been asked, but did we ever find out what the information coming on march 4 was about?  I haven't seen anything and was just wondering if I missed something.  At least I thought they said march 4.

Pools for worlds were drawn

https://twitter.com/LxthuL/status/705966400070930432 

apgface.jpg

side-note, its pretty awesome to see CLG continue to stream their scrims for the community whereas other teams have stopped doing it.  I get why they do but its cool that CLG does it even after winning Regionals. 

CLG really has nothing to worry about, they're going into Worlds as heavy favorites and it would take a minor miracle for them to lose. I doubt they're doing it "for the community" so much as their own wallets in the absence of other streamers, tbh.

What happened is they re distributed your expected rank based on previous ratings and the current population and then made you start from there in your placement matches. That's how stuff happens like me doing all 10 placements and then being placed diamond 6 while my cousin, who did all 10 placements with me, was placed at 1650 Onyx while having somewhat worse stats over those same 10 games. Its all because I played on multiple accounts in previous Arena seasons where he only played on the one and thus had a higher rating previously. Its not the worst system ever but that does bring a magnifying glass up to a fault that is present. Its no big deal getting back into Onyx though.

This does bring me to a strange question though. What is the point of seasons if your rating is never actually reset but instead made invisible for 10 games?

Well it gets capped at 1700, so by having ranks reset you avoid having a player be champion 200 with like 10,000 elo which is pretty unattainable for a new player.  Like if ranks never reset then the elo for certain divisions would just be constantly growing and the people who have played for a while would be in a major lead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This. He consistently on top with damage dealt, but consistently near the bottom in damage/death. That is a problem.

Having you been keeping track of damage/death for all their scrims? I know you were keeping up with some stats for RNG.

Ninja has been #1 on RNG for damage/death 2 out of the 3 times I've calculated it for RNG's recent scrims. But maybe he just had uncommonly good scrims the times I calculated.