4. Stellur- 138.6

RNG v. Triggers Pound

1. Ninja- 197.6

2. Spartan- 168.7

3. Victory X- 166. 3

4. Stellur- 166.1

Ninja best player confirmed

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 self proclaims Halo 5 had $400,000,000 in global sales. That was back last year. Going off that number, $400,000,000 divided by $60 is 6,666,666 copies sold.

343 said last week that REQ packs brought in over $2,500,000 of sales. $2,500,000 in sales divides by the 6,666,666 people that bought Halo 5 means the average person spent 37 CENTS on REQ Packs.

Halo 5 has 35,000 viewers. That's probably 75% of the esports crowd. Round it up to 50,000 Halo 5 esports fans and multiply that by .37 cents, the average return per customer on REQ packs, and you are left with $18,500.

Of course they are the numbers 343 gives us, but that's how it looks right now. I think the $18,500 number is pretty accurate as there are things on both sides of that number that could/have changed, leading to no real increase/decrease. Let's say I'm low on my estimate of Halo 5 esports fans and let's say there's 100k fans, which is a huge stretch IMO.

That's only $37,000 they could get back IF halo 5 had 100k fans, which the viewership DOES NOT reflect. That figure isn't profit, it's revenue they get back. You would then subtract the cost/time to make the req packs from that number.

No where close enough viewers and money to even think about esports req packs right now going strictly off data.

Edit: sorry haha, I guess I misread your post. You said HCS pack, I thought you were talking about why 343 isn't selling HCS req packs with team names and all that. Oh well, guess I'll leave this up if people want to see why new HCS packs aren't really reasonable. If the packs are already made and done, then yeah sell them lol no risk anymore.

That 400,000,000 includes consoles and other bundles.

That 400,000,000 includes consoles and other bundles.

Also did 343 say how much all REQ pack sales are? Or is he confusing the prize pool with REQ pack sales?

Since we don't know the exact numbers, there is no point on speculating. That pool only growing 500000 in 3 months is sad, either they are putting small percentage of the reqs into the pool or the req system isn't that successful.

Or they lied to us and locked the prize pool way before the announcement.

• Downvote (-1) 2

BlackJack from team infused here (Top 1 EU Team), just wanted to get your guys take on this.

Who should we want in our group at worlds?

We dodge CLG and Denial, we will have one of ALG or EG and then a 5-8th seed.

Counter Logic Gaming - Royal2, Snakebite, Frosty, LethuL

Denial eSports - Contra, Predator, Bubudubu, Huke

Allegiance eSports - Naded, eL Town, Suspector, Cratos

Evil Geniuses - Snip3down, Lunchbox, Roy, Commonly

Team Liquid - Ace, Unlegit, aPG, Heinz

Renegades - Spartan, Ninja, Victory X, StelluR

Noble eSports - Rayne, Penguin, Swiftkil, Calm

Triggers Pound - Cloud, Hysteria, Danoxide, Assault

I think I would choose Noble or TP, the element of the random groups may be the deciding factor if the last 8 are all N.A or not.

Echoing the Allegiance + Noble/TP of other posters.

That would be the "weakest" possible arrangement of NA teams at Worlds.

And to emphasize for everyone else, although it's already been figured out...

#1 EMEA and #2 EMEA teams will have either Allegiance or EG in their group, because they can't have the EMEA teams from Pool C in their group with them.

Edit:

Also, CLG/Denial can only have either Epsilon or FAB Games in their group, because they can't have the NA teams from Pool C in their group.

Damage dealt per death stats (for RNG) if anyone is interested:

EG v. RNG

1. Victory X- 168.9

2. Spartan- 156.6

3. Ninja- 153.8

4. Stellur- 138.6

RNG v. Triggers Pound

1. Ninja- 197.6

2. Spartan- 168.7

3. Victory X- 166. 3

4. Stellur- 166.1

Thanks for this. Looks like VicX's game has improved since X-games. Looking at the stats hes playing a more passive structured game thats helping the team.

I think its interesting to see that Stellur has taken a drop since. His game imo relied on flanking and baiting teammates, often not calling out because hes going for the sneaky flank. Looks like with VicX and Ninja playing better theres less opportunities for cleaning up kills and as a result his dmg dealt has dropped. Not necessarily a bad thing

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since we don't know the exact numbers, there is no point on speculating. That pool only growing 500000 in 3 months is sad, either they are putting small percentage of the reqs into the pool or the req system isn't that successful.

Or they lied to us and locked the prize pool way before the announcement.

It's pointless to increase the prize pool to 3 or 4 million this season if it means a lower pool next season. I'm sure they've gotten more money than that and are just holding it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's pointless to increase the prize pool to 3 or 4 million this season if it means a lower pool next season. I'm sure they've gotten more money than that and are just holding it.

So the scene isn't growing, gotcha. Valve does it the right way, doesn't hide any number and doesn't lock the prize pool fearing it will be lower nect year.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Does Dersky still play competitively? I see him on a bunch of the pros' friends lists and he's always on, but I haven't heard anything

Here, a list of EVERY POSSIBLE WORLDS GROUP, divided up by each individual team.

It doesn't show the list of all possible 4 Group sets, but if you're wondering who any individual team can meet, this has it.

:prayers: :prayers: :prayers:

Does Dersky still play competitively? I see him on a bunch of the pros' friends lists and he's always on, but I haven't heard anything

He's at 343 on Pro Team

• Upvote (+1) 1

Infinity beat me to response, so I'm just going to edit this to say...

He's in jail with T2.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Its weird how people keep bringing up the prize pools over and over. Unless I'm missing something they could, and probably do, just consider HCS part of their marketing campaign and can drop millions every year on it no problem as long as it gets enough exposure to be justified. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's in jail with T2.

Actually, T2 was moved to Guantanamo Bay

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When are they announcing groups? 

I have no idea, but I say they should choose groups as a preshow kickoff to the event. 

He's in jail with T2.

T2 is in one of those nice jails. I saw him streaming the other day. Nice to know he's being treated well

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

T2 is in one of those nice jails. I saw him streaming the other day. Nice to know he's being treated well

He was put in a Norwegian one for attempting to BXR a Russian in a bar fight.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He was put in a Norwegian one for attempting to BXR a Russian in a bar fight.

Is that even legal to be arrested in Norway or did the US revoke his citizenship or something?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1