CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

BlackJack from team infused here (Top 1 EU Team), just wanted to get your guys take on this.

Who should we want in our group at worlds?

We dodge CLG and Denial, we will have one of ALG or EG and then a 5-8th seed.

Counter Logic Gaming - Royal2, Snakebite, Frosty, LethuL

Denial eSports - Contra, Predator, Bubudubu, Huke

Allegiance eSports - Naded, eL Town, Suspector, Cratos

Evil Geniuses - Snip3down, Lunchbox, Roy, Commonly

Team Liquid - Ace, Unlegit, aPG, Heinz

Renegades - Spartan, Ninja, Victory X, StelluR

Noble eSports - Rayne, Penguin, Swiftkil, Calm

Triggers Pound - Cloud, Hysteria, Danoxide, Assault

I think I would choose Noble or TP, the element of the random groups may be the deciding factor if the last 8 are all N.A or not.

^ if this is correct order you will be with EG and TL. 

EU 1 (4-5 US)

EU 2 (3-6 US)

EU 3 (2-7 US)

EU 4 (1-8 US)

My guess...

^ if this is correct order you will be with EG and TL. 

EU 1 (4-5 US)

EU 2 (3-6 US)

EU 3 (2-7 US)

EU 4 (1-8 US)

They haven't drawn groups yet, how can you possibly know they'll have EG and TL? They will get EITHER EG or Allegiance, and also any of the 5-8 NA teams. You can learn about how groups get drawn in this video:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty sure Naded got a combat evolved medal at the NA Regionals.  He went for it on the Rig and the casters said he didn't get it but I think I still saw the medal pop up.  I might be crazy.

• Downvote (-1) 1

OT, but I remember reading a while back that there's a Beyond FFA tournament possibly in the works. Any news on that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT, but I remember reading a while back that there's a Beyond FFA tournament possibly in the works. Any news on that?

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

FYI man, you don't dodge Denial.

Your pool is CLG, Immunity, and Chosen Squad. Those are the only teams you dodge. ;)

Not true. Each group will have only 1 top 4 NA team, a 5-8 NA team, 1 EMEA team, and then one ANZ, LATAM, or Asian team. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not true. Each group will have only 1 top 4 NA team, a 5-8 NA team, 1 EMEA team, and then one ANZ, LATAM, or Asian team. 

Please read the rules or watch Tiberius' video.

Pool A = CLG, Infused, Immunity, Chosen Squad.

You cannot get any teams from the same pool put into your group.

XamETr9.png

You're right, for some reason my mind connected Pool B and Pool A, which would have meant the top 4 teams they could match would be only EG/Allegiance. They can match Denial as well. Then they'll have one of the remaining teams from Pool D (5-8 NA teams).

You're right, for some reason my mind connected Pool B and Pool A, which would have meant the top 4 teams they could match would be only EG/Allegiance. They can match Denial as well. Then they'll have one of the remaining teams from Pool D (5-8 NA teams).

Every team from Pool A will get:

- 1 team from Pool B

- 1 team from Pool C

- 1 team from Pool D

From there the restrictions are:

- Only 2 NA team per group

- Only 1 EMEA team per group

- Cannot contain more than 1 ANZ team per group

So Infused can get any of these teams in their group:

- EG, Allegiance, Liquid, Triggers Pound, Renegades, Noble, Skyfire, Exile5 (but only 1 from each pool)

The only teams they CANNOT have in their group are:

- CLG, Immunity, Chosen Squad (because they are in the same Pool)

- Epsilon, Fab E, exceL (because no more than 1 EMEA team per group)

- Denial (because Pool C has 2 NA and 2 EMEA teams, forcing 1 of their NA teams from that group, and the other has to be a 5-8 NA team from Pool D)

• Upvote (+1) 1

XamETr9.png

You are correct but because pool C is #3/4 NA & EU you MUST get the EU from that pool due to not being able to get an NA team from that pool. Each top 4 seed HAS to get their NA team from pool D.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legit ever coming back?

asking the important questions.

When is Totz coming back?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

FYI man, you don't dodge Denial.

Your pool is CLG, Immunity, and Chosen Squad. Those are the only teams you dodge. ;)

They do dodge denial. If denial was chosen it would invalidate future draws. They would then be forced to have 2 EMEA teams or 3 NA teams. The final rule for draws is that valid draws cannot invalidate future draws.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You are correct but because pool C is #3/4 NA & EU you MUST get the EU from that pool due to not being able to get an NA team from that pool. Each top 4 seed HAS to get their NA team from pool D.

Ok, I hadn't delved quite far into the pools to notice that. Thank you

• Upvote (+1) 1

clssfd.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

Made a graphic that'll hopefully be easier to understand than having to read the rulebook over and over

0bU0xUr.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

Apparently he got jumped after an event and hasn't competed since. Doubt he'll come back.

He tweeted on Dec 7th that he was a F/A and thats the last Ive heard of him. I dont think he even ran games or really tried that hard to find a team.

Could of been a wind up

They haven't drawn groups yet, how can you possibly know they'll have EG and TL? They will get EITHER EG or Allegiance, and also any of the 5-8 NA teams. You can learn about how groups get drawn in this video:

Clears it up. Thanks, I didnt know they were drawing at random. Really surprised it isn't double elimination. 

By the way, I'm kind of a noob at posting and don't know how to quote so if this has been answered I apologize.  Someone was asking if anyone got a Combat Evolved medal at Regionals.  Naded did against Noble even though the commentators said he didn't.  It's on the Rig at 8:57:30 of the Halo rebroadcast on Twitch Day #2.

http://www.twitch.tv/halo

• Upvote (+1) 3