CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope halo one day makes it to the level of CS:GO. Those teams are doing pro leagues, tournament qualifiers, and tournaments every day it seems.

The Halo community just can't compete with the CSGO community's ability to create drama, and it's holding us back. Hacking, match fixing, analyst vs. player fistfights at events... We need to step our game up or we'll never be Tier 1.

Would be amazing if they did what CWL is doing and have pro leagues for different regions. At the very least EU and NA.

How does CWL handle team changes? Is there a roster lock? Does the seed stay with the org?

That's it. I'm creating SauceStats - grading everyone on forum post performance.

Fair warning, your posts are weighted based on a formula centered upon individual "clutch meme" factor.

Don't mind me just pub stomping for higher SauceLevel (trademark pending)

pEIeIoZ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

That's it. I'm creating SauceStats - grading everyone on forum post performance.

Fair warning, your posts are weighted based on a formula centered upon individual "clutch meme" factor.

Looking forward to you boiling the memes down into a thick goopy dank sauce based point system.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Accidental neg. Sorry :(

I just had a discussion with Mike. He said it's okay, and also feel free to neg all meme posts he makes. He makes them specifically for the negs.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just had a discussion with Mike. He said it's okay, and also feel free to neg all meme posts he makes. He makes them specifically for the negs.

I don't neg him because I like his memes lol. My stupid phone just slowed down, and somehow it registered my scrolling as a tap lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone tell (I'm assuming)Snipedrone how to wear a hat? Jesus.

Maybe he should show you how to wear a hat?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's funny to see a debate on Halo forums that mirrors serious debates taking place throughout the sciences - the use of mathematical models and their validity. If anyone actually cares about this stuff the books A Random Walk Down Wallstreet and Fooled By Randomness are pretty interesting; so is Against The Gods, A History of Risk. Whenever you find yourself getting too impressed with a statistical model remember the losses banks suffered in 2008 (they had some of the smartest people around calculating VAR (value at risk) models all day and most still got their ass handed to them) and the fact that not a single IPCC climate model correctly predicted the reduction in rate of warming during the past 10+ years. As they say on every publicly traded security - past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can't help but think someone messed up along the way and they got the venue lined up really late... and actually, that would be less damning than if they had really decided to wait until three weeks before the event for tickets to go on sale.

But hey, my new passport arrived today so I'm ready for 2017 lmao

• Upvote (+1) 3

CLG scrimming Alllegiance with multiple CLG members streaming

Can't help but think someone messed up along the way and they got the venue lined up really late... and actually, that would be less damning than if they had really decided to wait until three weeks before the event for tickets to go on sale.

Really seems like the only logical answer. I suspect this maybe fell on somebody at 343 who doesn't typically organize events like this? I have no idea but at least its not at ESL Studios.

I hope 343 sells the HCS req pack again; I don't understand why they aren't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope 343 sells the HCS req pack again; I don't understand why they aren't.

I purchased it, but man is that armor ugly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I purchased it, but man is that armor ugly.

Oh I don't care about the armor, just want the skins lol.