CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you have prix scores for Denial? I'm asking legitimately, not to be a dick or mocking or anything.

I sure do. I am actually finishing up the scores from the NA teams at worlds. 

As an aside, I dont know why there is so much push back against my scores? Have they been so hideously wrong that they need to be thrown out? I think they have actually done a pretty good job of predicting which teams are the best teams but I am obviously bias. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@verickle Where do you see Noble realistically ending though if not at the bottom of the Top 8? I dont think people are sleeping on them...I just think theres way more talent in the 1-6 seeds for them to really make an impact.

Oh, I was more focused on the funny picture than on making a point. Since you asked though: I think they are very underrated on an individual skill level and have excellent communication... which is the same thing I would have said about pre-regionals Denial, except Denial's communication wasn't great. I 100% understand if people aren't sold on them since they haven't made a big statement on LAN, but I also don't think we should definitively put RNG or TP above them. RNG and TP both got swept by every good team they played, and TP dropped a game to OpTic. Noble 3-0d eLevate (arguably a better team than TP) and took a game off CLG when EG and RNG couldn't. So yeah... I'm not gonna make a prediction for their placing because at this point I'm not sure, but I think it would be an oversight to assume that they aren't a threat to the 1-6 seeds.

I think this is a huge bummer because there is a lot of foot traffic moving through that sub. There are 130k+ people subscribed to r/halo, and the competitive topics that come up see ~100 upvotes, 60-70 comments on average I would estimate. Compare that to the r/leagueoflegends: nearly 800k subs and on days when the LCS has matches being played, they are consistently the most popular threads in there.

As a kind hearted man with an interest in community service, I try to stop by there once or twice a week and reply to all the threads asking questions about HWC or competitive play that don't get any upvotes or helpful comments. It is a thankless job.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't want to see Denial get complacent, they had an amazing showing at Regionals and I want to see them continue to improve.

Is there a list of pro teams going to the tournament in Toronto in a couple weeks?

Side note: Why are there never any Double XP or Double RP weekends in Halo? 

Currently no list that I'm aware of. We've had a lot of interest fro various pro's making makeshift teams but I'm not certain if there are any full teams attending so far.

We'll have some more information soon on that front! Regardless, our early bird rate ends on March 1st!

@@Luna I doubt we'll see a team of young guns fresh into the pro circuit in Halo get complacent. Especially being coached by Elumnite.

I sure do. I am actually finishing up the scores from the NA teams at worlds. 

As an aside, I dont know why there is so much push back against my scores? Have they been so hideously wrong that they need to be thrown out? I think they have actually done a pretty good job of predicting which teams are the best teams but I am obviously bias. 

I've honestly never seen the scores. How are they calculated?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Currently no list that I'm aware of. We've had a lot of interest fro various pro's making makeshift teams but I'm not certain if there are any full teams attending so far.

We'll have some more information soon on that front! Regardless, our early bird rate ends on March 1st!

That's too bad. It's a $10K prize pool right? You'd think teams would have wanted to go for the practice on LAN, especially the teams who didn't go to X-games and therefore might not be as used to how the dedicated servers play.

• Downvote (-1) 1

That's too bad. It's a $10K prize pool right? You'd think teams would have wanted to go for the practice on LAN, especially the teams who didn't go to X-games and therefore might not be as used to how the dedicated servers play.

Are any of the smaller tournaments being provided local servers to use? That would surprise me, and w/o the servers it's no different from playing online connection-wise.

@@Luna I doubt we'll see a team of young guns fresh into the pro circuit in Halo get complacent. Especially being coached by Elumnite.

I hope not. I don't want it to become a one and done kind of thing. But yeah I think you're right, with a coach like Elumnite he wouldn't let that happen.

$10k pool as of now. If we have enough teams sign up, there is potential that we are able to boost that pool higher.

And yeah, we're seeing a decent amount of attention from teams in the NE and North Midwest area. I really hope the community shows up to support another community driven event. We've got a killer staff involved, some great partners, and the entire event will be a blast. We've got Halo, CoD, Hearthstone, Smash, DoTA, LoL, Street Fighter and CS:GO Tournaments...so its really an eSports fans dream, all in one place in Toronto.

Oh...and have you ever tried Poutine?

I hope not. I don't want it to become a one and done kind of thing. But yeah I think you're right, with a coach like Elumnite he wouldn't let that happen.

Exactly this. They haven't even peaked yet. I assure you they have a thirst for first.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ogre 2 played good at regionals, that team just didn't mesh plain and simple.

Yeah people are trying to use enVy's performance as fuel for their "2gre is washed" or "Ola" is washed" argument. All the players performed well individually but didn't have the chemistry or teamwork to compete with EG and a Denial that was on fire. I'm not sure if that was because of lack of practice or just those four players don't work well together.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Are any of the smaller tournaments being provided local servers to use? That would surprise me, and w/o the servers it's no different from playing online connection-wise.

No they aren't. But there are more to tournaments them just going to play, people tend to forget. Yes it's like playing online, but you have all your teammates in one location and nothing beats that.

@Torm3nted, EGLX Toronto isn't until the end of April! I think you think of Gamers for Giving in couple weeks!

Also @@CyReN is there a way to include multi quote on mobile? If there isn't no worries

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre 2 could have won regionals and prox would still say he sucks...

I never used the words sucks or washed. Thats a blatant misconception. He just isnt god tier anymore and just because his name is 2gre and his history in other Halo titles is unmatched, that doesnt mean that he is still as good as he once was. Its a different game H5 and I dont understand why some people get so up in arms about my scorchin fiery hot taeks?

They were beat in pool play, they didnt win a single series and I am wrong? Meh

• Upvote (+1) 2

Noble Calm out here in the DMs like

a4bfd55d325b39fa566f80ce4a3b93bc.gif

LOL. alright normally I don't give a shit but considering this was the first time I've ever laughed at one of my own posts, I feel personally offended that this flawless gif depicting someone failing to properly slide into DMs currently has negative rep on a Friday afternoon

EDIT:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I've honestly never seen the scores. How are they calculated?

Very carefully and deliberately.  ;)

The model that I use has zero bias(because numbers dont lie) which is why its frowned upon by some folks when the model shows players like 2gre and Ola to be bottom tier pros and teams like nV to be not as good as peoples preconceived notions make them out to be.

If I said to someone that Peyton Manning may be the GOAT but he is not as effective as he used to be, how many people would rail against that statement? NONE is the answer because its obvious and true. Now if I say that about 2gre, all aboard the downvote train baabay. Choo-Choo

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The model that I use has zero bias(because numbers dont lie) which is why its frowned upon by some folks when the model shows players like 2gre and Ola to be bottom tier pros and teams like nV to be not as good as peoples preconceived notions make them out to be.

This is why I personally can't take your scores seriously. Because you refuse to tell us how they're calculated.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If I said to someone that Peyton Manning may be the GOAT but he is not as effective as he used to be, how many people would rail against that statement? NONE is the answer because its obvious and true. Now if I say that about 2gre, all aboard the downvote train baabay. Choo-Choo

So Prox Scores are proprietary? :simms:  

I'm genuinely curious to see what they look like.  Do you break out scrims vs. LAN? Overall scores vs. scores against only top 16 teams?  I'm all for trying to leverage data to get at a metric that describes a player's overall contribution towards winning. 

Maybe there's room for a scores contender in the marketplace? Where's the easiest place to pull kills/deaths/assist/damage by individual games?  :kappa:

Doesn't count, they were never truly on LAN :wutface:

Having them play through a server hosted at the event isn't good enough? If everything is set up right, that's probably better better than just connecting all of the boxes and having one be the host of everything.

Edit: By better, better for the events. Still sucks for regular people who would want to lan.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Having them play through a server hosted at the event isn't good enough? I'd argue that it's better than connecting all of the boxes and having one be the host of everything.

Well I was just joking, but I would prefer my data to stay on layer 2, personally.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He wouldn't admit it back in the day and he said it was weighted very heavily on my scrim results that I posted (which only showed kills, deaths, and assists). People gave him shit and he would never say how it was calculated. I, and many others, assume that it's simply a kill/death/assist weighting (though I never said anything). His "best players" were basically the same as any ranking that was out there based on kill/death/assist.

His best teams were basically in line with scrim results. Anyone paying attention or looking at my reports about teams records could have come to the same conclusion fairly easily.

Normally I'd just ignore the PROX scores, but he acts like he's some genius and has some super original, very deep and intelligent formulas creating these scores so now it's just annoying how he acts like a victim when anyone asks him about his scores.

EDIT: Typed this on my phone and it's kind of horrible grammar. Sorry. I'm sure you can get the idea behind the post though.

This guy. Another of the copy and paste guys who think theyre changing the way halo is looked at because they go to halotracker and drop some results. No depth to any of it. Are you and Chad both threatened? You shouldnt be. I have said from day 1 what I do is something different for the community to digest and comment on. I have NEVER and I mean absolutely NEVER EVER proclaimed to be genius or any other ridiculous term you want to use. I dont have smartest man in the room personality and I offered these up with constant backlash towards the process and NOT for the results. 

Take your cheap shots somewhere else. I am not biting this time like I did before with Audley. I am the one who will get the 3 day ban because reasons I guess. 

Keep up the good work champ. Copy and paste for life.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 20