CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Was having no MLG at the finals always the plan? Is it weird to have the entire series be MLG except from the finals?

Only NA was MLG. Worlds was never set to be MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to see pro's seeing this for the first time the same way we got a gif of Snip3down spotting 'Welcome to Snipetown' 

gif plox?

Hey guys! Just a quick spotlight update:

Pro Player Spotlight @@LethuL will be posted later tonight.

Pro Player Spotlight @@Jimbo will be up sometime late next week.

and I've just confirmed the next Pro Player Spotlight will feature @@Cratos and published the week following @@Jimbo's spotlight.

I'm going to try and push for dropped 1-2 a week up until Worlds, however I've got some major things going on in my life right now(All good), but it jam up a little of my free time. I'm also looking to be at Worlds and G4G in which I'll hopefully get some live video interviews that go a little more in depth then the post game interviews at events.

Great to hear it Fletch! Keep up the great work!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks man! <3

If you don't mind me putting in my 2 cents, I'd suggest trying to interview some of the young gods on Denial before Worlds. I think everyone is really interested in Huke/Bubu.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you don't mind me putting in my 2 cents, I'd suggest trying to interview some of the young gods on Denial before Worlds. I think everyone is really interested in Huke/Bubu.

I dont mind at all! I'm entirely open to ideas and criticism/feedback! 

I actually play League of Legends pretty frequently with @@Elumnite and I thought it might be a cool twist to have @@Elumnite, a storied pro player and now coach of Denial on for a spotlight. Shamefully I didn't mention that in the other post but I've since fixed that and included him! I wanted to be able to showcase the role of coaches and also discuss his very long career before teams headed into the World Championship. Just through casual discussion he's probably one of the most insightful people I've interacted with in the Halo community. I definitely think it'll be an interesting interview. 

So...You guys can also expect an interview with Denials Coach @@Elumnite coming in the next few weeks as well. The date/week on that isnt set yet as you can tell I've got a lot on my plate! 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I just hope so bad that they stream the Group Draft. If done right, they could build up so much hype.

After the draw is done they could hop right into analyzing each group and make predictions.

Would be amazing @@TheSimms @@GoldenboyFTW Make it happen boys!

Yo this idea is  :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

EG has always been like this, even when they were winning.

It only LOOKS worse because they're not #1 but an earth shattering #.... 2.

I think Lethul said what they are like right now is a lot worse than what he was dealing with when he was on the team. Seems like it's getting worse

Just chiming in a bit late. I hope Naded doesn't go to EG. I was surprised that he got offered, if I'm being honest. I honestly do want him to win an event and Suspector and eL Town have really grown on me but his attitude sucks. He was hyped at X Games but was clearly the demotivated when it came to Saturday and seeming for no reason that I'm aware of. His unbalanced personality means it's a risk to any team and I feel as though that's all EG ever need. 

With regards to how the team is playing. I don't want to say it but in my PERSONAL opinion, it's down to the Commonly switch. Lethul was a slayer turned cleanup man for EG. If 3 were dead, Lethul was alive. He is an anchor. Him also being a slayer meant he could usually hold his own if it ever were to get to 3 down. Commonly on the other hand plays very frantically. High tempo, high paced. I mean, look at the X Games matched with CLG when they were super high paced. He fits in really well with RNG. He consistent dying means the team plays with 2 or 3 a lot but when he is alive, that is when EG usually start making good plays. I personally think Stellur would have been a better fit for EG. They didn't show up at all last event, though. It was almost like the first CLG X Games match when they got destroyed in groups. They can win but they honestly need to be all playing 110%. I know it's obvious but they getting tilted way too quick these days. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

he's probably one of the most insightful people I've interacted with in the Halo community. I definitely think it'll be an interesting interview. 

Ditto and agreed. 100%.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hope so bad that they stream the Group Draft. If done right, they could build up so much hype.

After the draw is done they could hop right into analyzing each group and make predictions.

Would be amazing @@TheSimms @@GoldenboyFTW Make it happen boys!

Ya they do that for the GSL in starcraft, when starcraft used to be really popular it drew a lot of views.

I personally think Stellur would have been a better fit for EG. 

I couldn't disagree more. I see Stellur as the very definition of a "main slayer" just like Snipedown or Neighbor etc.

It's rare to see success with 2 players who play in that style on the same team.

EDIT: I believe that @@TiberiusAudley has introduced the more in vogue term "Priority One Player". However, my opinion remains.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I couldn't disagree more. I see Stellur as the very definition of a "main slayer" just like Snipedown or Neighbor etc.

It's rare to see success with 2 players who play in that style on the same team.

I dont think Commonly is the problem here, or with EG in general. I think the team has tasted defeat for the first time in a long time on a National Live Tournament and they need to realize how to cope with it. I think Roy/Box need to start cooperating, Snipedown needs to be more assertive, and Towey REALLY needs to be more assertive. You have one of the most established Pro Coaches in the history of Halo. Utilize that. 

That is just my .02, I think the team will still be in the finals at Worlds, but I definitely think they'll need to fix a couple issues before they can take on CLG in the finals. 

EDIT: @@Dave_Easily I was agreeing with you, just quoted you to piggyback off your comment. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

When doing my 120-page catch-up reading, I saw there was still a bit of confusion about the distinction between POOLS and GROUPS regarding Worlds Finals...

So I made a video explaining how it works, did a mock group draw + predictions for the mock draw.

Hail the mighty explainer!

No sarcasm, your videos/streams are helping me understand/play a lot better.

• Upvote (+1) 4

NM1E17Y.jpg

@@ssbChad unsure what is happening in terms or groups draws and announcements, if I get any info that I can reveal to the public ill be sure to let you guys know.

If the choice to not do a show/stream is chosen maybe me and walshy could discuss them in a commentary booth or maybe we could get some more people in along with some one from here and run a Bomb Planted?

Would definitely tune in to a Commentary Booth or Bomb Planted on that topic. Make it happen! 

Would definitely tune in to a Commentary Booth or Bomb Planted on that topic. Make it happen! 

I would definitely be up for getting drunk on Stella, coming on the air and talking shit.  :simms:  :puckett:  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would definitely be up for getting drunk on Stella, coming on the air and talking shit.  :simms:  :puckett:  :wutface:

Now I'd definitely tune in. 

It is kind of slow, so I'll post a bunch of boring numbers. Like I said previously, I was going to start keeping data on RNG scrims leading to Worlds. And look for patterns...blah blah blah.

Here are some basic stats from their last 3 scrims (I have more data but I want to keep it simple):

RNG 6 v. EG 7 (12/23)

RNG_v_EGR.png

RNG_v_EGL.png

• Upvote (+1) 7

What was the sign?

I dont have a screen shot but it said

"egirls, DM me" or something very similar then had his Twitter Handle with an @ sign. He was holding it up as the Live Stream panned over the crowd.