CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think EG would be a horrible fit for Naded as of now. The Roy/Box constant brickering, pointing fingers will wear down Naded a lot and he won't be as excited to play. We all know it's bad if he doesn't get hyped

• Upvote (+1) 2

If ALG & EG place poorly in the HWC tourney, EG & Naded consider teaming up.

When watching Naded at X-Games, Regional's and on his stream, he is one really talented player, and I feel this guy needs to get on a team where he isn't the "alpha" or the captain. This would help take the pressure off him, which is what seems to happen when they play on the main stage against another top team.

ALG was really strong at breakout and I feel they got f*cked over the most with that playlist being removed, it sucks for them but im glad they are back on the scrim grind rather then relying on GB grind.

This is the exact opposite to what people said during the qualifiers and when EG showed interest. How Naded needed to be the so called captain or alpha as you put it, in order to succeed. With the current Allegiance squad, this is exactly what he is. And it's been working out great for them (until the LANs... which is what matters most... huh).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think EG should stream their scrims (as much as I love watching) until all internal affairs are sorted out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At the risk of being contrarian, are we certain EG's problems are actually problems? What I mean is, were they like this when they were winning all those tournaments or is this something new?  I was under the impression they've always been like this, which suggests their issues lie less with the bickering, and more with Lethul leaving and CLG improving.

• Upvote (+1) 5

At the risk of being contrarian, are we certain EG's problems are actually problems? What I mean is, were they like this when they were winning all those tournaments or is this something new?  I was under the impression they've always been like this, which suggests their issues lie less with the bickering, and more with Lethul leaving and CLG improving.

Here's the answer I came up with:

2910174273_yes_no_maybe_question_confuse

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think EG would be a horrible fit for Naded as of now. The Roy/Box constant brickering, pointing fingers will wear down Naded a lot and he won't be as excited to play. We all know it's bad if he doesn't get hyped

A few pros:

-when they are winning they will celebrate and still find flaws with their gameplay.

-think of the nerdy strats / jumps / combat evolve stuff. Some of the plays/setups that ALG does is amazing, and I feel the EG squad can run it better. 

-all grinders, they will practice and grind to play flawless. They all seem to be perfectionists

-Youtube/twitch content would be amazing.

A few cons:

-Heated arguments

-When they lose everyone will point the finger and wont take the blame

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

EG has always been like this, even when they were winning.

It only LOOKS worse because they're not #1 but an earth shattering #.... 2.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It only LOOKS worse because they're not #1 but an earth shattering #.... 2.

Can't even say they're a clear #2.

Denial and Noble at least WON games against CLG.  EG only mustered a tie.

Granted, EG beat Denial in group stage, but.. can't say that might not change next meeting based off comparative performances.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is the exact opposite to what people said during the qualifiers and when EG showed interest. How Naded needed to be the so called captain or alpha as you put it, in order to succeed. With the current Allegiance squad, this is exactly what he is. And it's been working out great for them (until the LANs... which is what matters most... huh).

I mean 3rd place isn't "not working out"

It's not like they're losing to Astral Authority or the LCQ team your friends put together. They lost a game 7 slayer (which is really a toss of a coin) to a team that did what EG couldn't: take a couple games from CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Actually, Snipedown is evidently more disappointed and agitated as well. RoyBox have always been bickering, though lol.

It only LOOKS worse because they're not #1 but a earth shattering #.... 2.

Agreed lol. They could lose every scrim and still place in the top 3 easy at worlds. They are tournament players. I kind of get that same feel with Denial in the sense that come tourney time they'll perform.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel this guy needs to get on a team where he isn't the "alpha" or the captain. This would help take the pressure off him, which is what seems to happen when they play on the main stage against another top team.

This is actually the reason why I believe he declined EG when Lethul left and he won't be going to any team with veteran leaders any time soon. I think he really likes being the leader or "alpha" of a squad after having a career in which he was always the "4th player" on a team. The player that was always dropped or blamed when a team places badly and/or needs to make room for a player deemed better.

You can really tell how much he hated being that player always put into a shit position in this video towards the end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4t3oka9xDs I can't currently watch it to refresh my memory but iirc he basically says that for most of his career he was never in the position that you find players like Ogre 2, Snipedown, or RoyBox typically in, in which they make the team's decisions and/or aren't on the bad end of a team change. And because of that he's had to go through much tougher situations to place as well as they have or something like that.

When he was kicked off of CLG for Heinz and off of EG for Lunch during very early H2A before any events occurred is when I believe he reached a breaking point. Where he decided from then on forward he would build a team around himself where he is the leader or at least co-leader. And that can be seen by looking at the teams he has been on since then. On Str8 Rippin he was basically co-leader with T2, on Team Randa/Winterfox he could be considered the leader or co-leader along Ryanoob, and of course on Allegiance he is the leading veteran on the team as well. If he were to go to EG he would just become that "4th player" again which I think he very plainly does not want to be.  

• Upvote (+1) 7

Can't even say they're a clear #2.

Denial and Noble at least WON games against CLG. EG only mustered a tie.

Granted, EG beat Denial in group stage, but.. can't say that might not change next meeting based off comparative performances.

Denial was only team to take an obj gametype off of CLG all tourney and they took two. Denial is the real deal and are a forsure T4 lock as of now with CLG, EG, Allegiance. I think Liquid is also good and prob right in the talks of T4, just matters who will show up!!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

snip.

Thanks I will watch this video.

I really only started following the competitive scene when H5 launched and after finding this website, Im finding that it is a much better hub for discussion than /r/halo or /r/competitivehalo. Props to team beyond staff and everyone who posts here.

:intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Its like you guys have never seen EG scrim and lose. The twins fight, snip3down sits silently biting his nails and commonly asks why are we fighting. Why are people putting stock into what happens online? Its practice. ALG 11-1ed Denial in scrims before Regionals and ended up losing 4-3 at the event. 

Did anyone see this, btw?  :lxthul:

b102b00145f09a05bfdfb75ad7e7e3d3.png

I want to see pro's seeing this for the first time the same way we got a gif of Snip3down spotting 'Welcome to Snipetown' 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they announce  :simms: and  :puckett: will be casting Worlds, my reaction would be;

tumblr_m4zb63KdEf1qe601o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Thanks I will watch this video.

I really only started following the competitive scene when H5 launched and after finding this website, Im finding that it is a much better hub for discussion than /r/halo or /r/competitivehalo. Props to team beyond staff and everyone who posts here.

:intensifies:

You're welcome.  :puckett:

Was having no MLG at the finals always the plan? Is it weird to have the entire series be MLG except from the finals? 

I want to see pro's seeing this for the first time the same way we got a gif of Snip3down spotting 'Welcome to Snipetown' 

Link?

• Upvote (+1) 1