CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I didn't get to watch the series but I've noticed that Allegiance is one of the most efficient teams out there.  Both the head-to-head stats and k/d stats swing in favor of EG but AE won the series.  I've noticed this trend in the stats for several other AE series.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because it was just a guy shaking his head and didn't add anything to the discussion. That thread is a discussion thread, after all :)

Like I said a long time ago, EG should try more constructive criticism. For example, suggesting that someone is wrong instead of TELLING them. I know that they've had a lot of success with their methods but that doesn't mean there isn't huge room for improvement.

I don't think that EG is understanding the game. Like I think is a mistake in the fundamentals, or understanding movement flow. I see Denial or ALG and see better movement in the map. EG definitely have the skill.

almost to the point where we'll need @@CyReN to set up a separate thread titled "Where Pros Tweet Like Jaden Smith"  :simms:

I think Pistola can warrant his own website to be fair

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've been watching Contra's stream for the past few months and kept posting in these forums about how ridiculous his pistol is ... only to be downvoted by pros lol.  I have no clue why the pros seem to dislike him so much, esp. Roy and Ace

I went into his stream for a while last night, and I must say.... he's pretty annoying

I highly doubt any pro down voted you saying contra has the best pistol.... Lol

huh?  this happened twice, go to my post history ... I mean, it's whatever, just surprised pros dislike him.  I do agree that he seems a bit odd on stream lol

I went into his stream for a while last night, and I must say.... he's pretty annoying

How come, just curious I haven't watched his stream.

Fucking quote me on this, videos coming soon.

:kappa:

I know most people are sound asleep on the east coast right now, and I was going to save this for tomorrow, but I'm too giddy with excitement.

After 20+ hours combined on editing (mostly because I was COMPLETELY new to Adobe Premiere Pro) and pouring over VoDs, I present to you guys my first ever video. I learned a TON making this video and am always welcome to feedback, so shoot me a DM with any suggestions or feedback. Only thing I'm not 100% satisfied with is the audio, but I've been told that's one of the hardest parts.

Enjoy:

Many more to come.

Small fun fact, I was watching @@Assault 's stream last night and he actually watched my video while I was watching his stream. Very cool experience to see the video spread.

Really appreciate the huge response everyone, it means a lot to me.

New video is in the works (albeit it at a much healthier, slower pace).

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me find WFX clips!

• Upvote (+1) 9

huh? this happened twice, go to my post history ... I mean, it's whatever, just surprised pros dislike him. I do agree that he seems a bit odd on stream lol

Contra was on Optic with Ace in H2A. Contra and Optic parted on bad terms. He bad-mouthed Optic after he left/got dropped and Flamesword said he thought Contra was arrogant and had a bad attitude around that time.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lunchbox has a kid?

nah he doesn't. 

Lunch definitely seems to be the core of EG's problem right now. It doesn't even take Roy or someone else to call him out on a bad play for him to start arguing or bickering. He'll willingly start something out of nothing by taking some insignificant play and just start arguing with someone(usually Roy) on it. After Plaza slayer in last night's scrims is probably the best example of this.

Seems like he's taking his frustration from something outside of the game, whether it be his job, family, or whatever and releasing it in these scrims resulting in the mental game of the whole team turning into shit. Hopefully they get this figured out by the time worlds come around otherwise its not looking too good. Perhaps the team house they discussed could help solve the issue idk.

I don't think that EG is understanding the game. Like I think is a mistake in the fundamentals, or understanding movement flow. I see Denial or ALG and see better movement in the map. EG definitely have the skill.

I disagree. EG's understanding of the game and map movement is pretty good. Only CLG is better when it comes to those things imo. It's their current mentality that is really hurting them.

I'm not going to go back and find it, but I definitely remember Ace down voting a post about Contra's skill.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10851-halo-world-championship-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/?view=findpost&p=646594

I had nothing else better to do and I honestly didn't believe you. Both Ace and El Town on that one. I definitely slept on Contra hard until regionals, but he impressed me. 

So, are groups going to be BO5 again, or was the change only made to regionals? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10851-halo-world-championship-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/?view=findpost&p=646594

I had nothing else better to do and I honestly didn't believe you. Both Ace and El Town on that one. I definitely slept on Contra hard until regionals, but he impressed me. 

So, are groups going to be BO5 again, or was the change only made to regionals? 

lethul upvoted it.

that's all that really counts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't even begin to describe how disappointing it is to not have MLG involved in the finals. Do you guys know if ESL does good setups? At this point I expecting spectator mode with no facecams.

Of course Simms is the best part, but I'm still full of :salt:

How come, just curious I haven't watched his stream.

I don't really want to shit on someone I don't know (beyond simply providing my opinion of him). Other people may not find him to be that, and I don't want to cloud someone else's thoughts. Not my place! Check him out for yourself if you want to form an opinion. He's quite good and very fun to watch

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think most people misunderstood @

The problem he's talking about isn't a lack of content, but a lack of content that someone could use to improve themselves as a player. Tibs has his stream, Ryanoob has a few videos, Towey has his stream/videos, but those are basically the only resources for people who are trying to get better at the game. If your lucky you have some friends who are both good at the game and patient enough to take you under their wing and help teach you the ins and outs.

Back in the MLG days I remember there was a series where pros reviewed user-submitted gameplays and provided feedback. There was a gigantic thread that detailed every aspect of the Halo 1 spawn system. There were tutorial videos for every button combo in H2 compiled neatly in a "How to get good at H2" type of thread. There hasn't been any equivalent to that for H5, and I'm not sure how much of it has to do with a lack of demand or lack of knowledgeable people willing to produce such content.

Late but yeah, basically this.

i come from a different community, but over there we have a ton of student/teacher relationships. Even I have one where we just play and discuss what we're doign wrong, what to fix, etc etc. We have streamers who are mainly all about explaining concepts in the competitive community for SF, Youtubers showing replays, people literally making books, etc etc. Maybe Halo is too hard to explain, but the lack of content when it comes to actually getting better as a player is so subpar. To level up the community as a whole you need resources that are popular and are reliable on their info. There's not even a single video on H5 that specifically explains and goes over the fundamentals of the game. It's just all free fall for us

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't even begin to describe how disappointing it is to not have MLG involved in the finals. Do you guys know if ESL does good setups? At this point I expecting spectator mode with no facecams.

All of the other regional finals have been non-specmode and had face cams. Worlds will be fine. I'll take Simms over Puckett too.

Puckett isn't commentating worlds?

We don't know the World's Caster Lineup yet.

All depends on who 343/Microsoft/ESL asks to cast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No Puckett. Will trade 1000 Simms for one Puckett.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

All of the other regional finals have been non-specmode and had face cams. Worlds will be fine. I'll take Simms over Puckett too.

I like them both =/

We don't know the World's Caster Lineup yet.

All depends on who 343/Microsoft/ESL asks to cast.

Hopefully for the best. Regionals was an absolute joy to watch.

If ALG & EG place poorly in the HWC tourney, EG & Naded consider teaming up.

When watching Naded at X-Games, Regional's and on his stream, he is one really talented player, and I feel this guy needs to get on a team where he isn't the "alpha" or the captain. This would help take the pressure off him, which is what seems to happen when they play on the main stage against another top team.

ALG was really strong at breakout and I feel they got f*cked over the most with that playlist being removed, it sucks for them but im glad they are back on the scrim grind rather then relying on GB grind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If ALG & EG place poorly in the HWC tourney, EG & Naded consider teaming up.

Hell, I'm just excited about the rostermania that we're gonna get regardless of placings at HWC.  :weback:  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1