CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343, if you're out there... listening... lurking...

If you allow me to buy pro team weapon skins, I will literally buy every single one.

:intensifies:

For everyone whose team got eliminated at regionals, who are you guys rooting for now?

I feel like I can't root for the evil overlords in CLG or the fallen tyrants in EG... Should Bubu take my Dubu?

You MUST let Bubu do whatever he wishes to your Dubu

If EG don't win at Worlds, do you see this lineup sticking together for the Pro League? If not, would it be Commonly getting switched out? I don't see the Roy/LBX/Snipedown trio splitting up, am I insane?

I wouldn't be surprised to see them all go different directions after worlds. There has been talk of Roy and/or Lunch retiring after this season and the way things are looking right now, I can't imagine its making them want to stick around. 

All great teams have a shelf life and I think EG's reign is starting to come to an end. Can I say that I think EG honeymooned their way to X-Games gold medals now or do I need to wait till after worlds?

Maybe this is sort of what Lethul saw coming a month ago? Props to him for making an unpopular decision that looks brilliant right now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them all go different directions after worlds. There has been talk of Roy and/or Lunch retiring after this season and the way things are looking right now, I can't imagine its making them want to stick around.

All great teams have a shelf life and I think EG's reign is starting to come to an end. Can I say that I think EG honeymooned their way to X-Games gold medals now or do I need to wait till after worlds?

Maybe this is sort of what Lethul saw coming a month ago? Props to him for making an unpopular decision that looks brilliant right now.

Roy tweeted out yesterday that he got his electrician license (or something) and sits in front of the board next week. I think this is his last year and he will move on to his career and focus on that.

Lunch I also think will be done. (Isn't he already certified electrician?) I mean, he has a wife and a kid and I'm sure having that electrician career would be easier for them (less traveling) and honestly probably more income. Not sure if they have salary on EG or just tourney winnings, but electrician can pay a lot, so may move onto that.

It's so weird seeing all these pros and possibly other pros move on in their life. Like, of course it's normal, but sad to think we may not see them again playing and that's really most of our connections to them.

Dang. It's too early to get hit in the feels. My bad , lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Huh? If I remember correctly they only lost to CLG (the best team by far probably) on LAN so far but proved that they are able to beat them (X-Games). They play in a tourney for 2.5 million dollars. Even if they get second after CLG, they would still win 500'000$.

If that isn't a reason to stick around then idk what is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huh? If I remember correctly they only lost to CLG (the best team by far probably) on LAN so far but proved that they are able to beat them (X-Games). They play in a tourney for 2.5 million dollars. Even if they get second after CLG, they would still win 500'000$.

Not only that, but I'm almost 100% sure that all Roy has said is that this is likely to be the last Halo title he competes in. How that got turned into RoyBox retiring at the end of Worlds is :beyond:  me.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They were looking at getting an EG team house like last week, no chance they are splitting. Sure they are going through a slight rocky patch in online scrims at the moment (not that it matters) but I still would be in no way surprised if they turned it around and win worlds...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lunch I also think will be done. (Isn't he already certified electrician?) I mean, he has a wife and a kid and I'm sure having that electrician career would be easier for them (less traveling) and honestly probably more income. Not sure if they have salary on EG or just tourney winnings, but electrician can pay a lot, so may move onto that.

Lunchbox has a kid?

I've been watching EG since they formed, and The twins/snip3down since 2008 so here's my thoughts as an EG fanboy:

Never since I started watching Halo did I truly believe the twins were the entirety of the problem, but in this case it's almost impossible for them to improve as a team when both Roy and Lunchbox refuse to accept their wrong, ever. At the end of every game they lost, Roy almost always immediately has something negative to say about Lunchbox's play, and Lunchbox is very bad at accepting criticism. The same thing happens when it's the other way around. I know they're twins and they're going to argue but these digs at singular plays are the WORST way to improve. They need to talk about what they need to do AS A TIME on the whole, not each individual play that was bad.

Snip3down does occasionally get heated and argue back, but it's nowhere near as frequent or as heated and often more constructive, but sometimes he falls into the trap.

Towey can't get a word in edgewise, he's the "fifth man", and one of the best Halo analysers I can think of. They should be listening to him a lot more than they are and asking him for advice and letting him have the final say in things to avoid these heated arguments.

and finally, the voice of reason is Commonly. Commonly is a great player, he communicates well, he learns fast and he's a positive guy but I can see him getting frustrated with the arguing. Same with snip3down and towey. 

I hope roybox can just put aside their twin rivalry and stop blaming each other for every loss and accept that it was a teams fault and move on - which leads to my final point.  THEY ARE A TEAM. They need to think like a team, play as a team, and talk as a team. Not talk and blame one person (Usually Lunchbox, even when it's not his fault). 

If they don't stop these petty "you did this and we lost because of it" "no i didnt, you did this and we lost because of it" arguments, they're gonna lose world and CLG will win no doubt in my mind.

IF nothing changes - I see snip3down and Snip3down Jr.(Seriously does anyone else think Commonly looks like he could be related to snip3down?) jumping ship and grabbing two players to form a team after worlds. Heinz/apg or Mikwen/ola come to mind. we shall see.

But, from the bottom of my heart as a huge EG fanboy. If anyone on that team reads this - the first issue that needs to be addressed is how you guys speak to each other about mistakes and you guys need to learn how to criticise without attacking. There is still time for you guys to improve to match CLG but at this point I think you guys would struggle tremendously to face them again.

EG 1st in my heart

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree that the money is a great reason to stick around but if that is your only reason to stick around, that is not a good sign. I'm not saying that is their only reason to stick around, but its well known that the twins have stuff outside of halo going on in their lives. Compare that to a CLG team that has been getting second for the last year. Do you think CLG is playing just for the money? They are hungry to be the best team in the world. Its a different motivation than EG imo. (Obviously EG wants to be the best team in the world as well but I think its different)

Roy and Lunch have been sacrificing for a long time and I just think its starting to wear on them. When you are winning all the time its easy to justify making halo a top priority, but they aren't winning like they used too. 

Sure they only lost to CLG but lets not act like they have been playing up to their standard and just got beat. They have not been playing very well lately and they know that. 

This is all just my opinion and speculation but I really think EG's best days are behind them. 

Didn't watch many scrims from when you were on EG. But with the twins, was it common for Roy to point something out, Lunchbox get super defensive and that effect the next game?

I like the twins, but they get super defensive when questioned in general. It's usually Roy saying something to LBX, but it kind of bleeds over and then nobody wants to take responsibility for a dropped game... well the loss came from somewhere. It's odd to see from three vets, especially since Commonly of all people seems to be the "least tiltable" of the four.

I know they're twins and they're going to argue but these digs at singular plays are the WORST way to improve. They need to talk about what they need to do AS A TIME on the whole, not each individual play that was bad.

I disagree, I think they need to talk about the individual plays that go bad too. If players disagree on something, that means they're not on the same page on how to play a particular situation out, and they need to talk about it to better understand who's wrong and what needs to be done to get everyone on the same page. The more on the same page a team is on, the better the odds of winning. They could at least show a little more kindness towards the constructive criticism they give out, but twins are twins. 

I swear RNG is definitely the most "random/inconsistent" team of all, they drop games in Regionals but suddenly are somewhat dominating Denial in a scrim ?  Pls Denial, don't become the BTH of 2009(without winning the champ part) of just 1 good tournament and then blow the rest of the way. I would say that im genuinely concerned for EG, they are arguing way too much without doing actual constructive criticism, I would even take it as far as I don't think this roster is going to be the same after worlds(regardless if they win or not). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree that the money is a great reason to stick around but if that is your only reason to stick around, that is not a good sign. I'm not saying that is their only reason to stick around, but its well known that the twins have stuff outside of halo going on in their lives. Compare that to a CLG team that has been getting second for the last year. Do you think CLG is playing just for the money? They are hungry to be the best team in the world. Its a different motivation than EG imo. (Obviously EG wants to be the best team in the world as well but I think its different)

Roy and Lunch have been sacrificing for a long time and I just think its starting to wear on them. When you are winning all the time its easy to justify making halo a top priority, but they aren't winning like they used too. 

Sure they only lost to CLG but lets not act like they have been playing up to their standard and just got beat. They have not been playing very well lately and they know that. 

This is all just my opinion and speculation but I really think EG's best days are behind them. 

I mean, yeah, like you said, EG haven't been playing up to their standards. I'd be more worried if I were an EG fan and they were playing up to their standards and still got beat. I think it's just a matter of time before they bounce back and get their communication/teamwork etc back to normal. Question is if they can do it before worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lunchbox has a kid?

Did I goof..? I could have sworn he had a kid but now I'm thinking I just got confused for Naded.

Could someone help on this one

Pretty sure I was wrong on the kid thing. My bad

I know most people are sound asleep on the east coast right now, and I was going to save this for tomorrow, but I'm too giddy with excitement.

After 20+ hours combined on editing (mostly because I was COMPLETELY new to Adobe Premiere Pro) and pouring over VoDs, I present to you guys my first ever video. I learned a TON making this video and am always welcome to feedback, so shoot me a DM with any suggestions or feedback. Only thing I'm not 100% satisfied with is the audio, but I've been told that's one of the hardest parts.

Enjoy:

Many more to come.

That upset me. 

Supernatural-Dean.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean, yeah, like you said, EG haven't been playing up to their standards. I'd be more worried if I were an EG fan and they were playing up to their standards and still got beat. I think it's just a matter of time before they bounce back and get their communication/teamwork etc back to normal. Question is if they can do it before worlds.

Good point. Worlds should be very entertaining. Has is been confirmed that worlds will work the same way regionals did? (Pool play, then single elimination bracket)

I would love to see pool play then double elimination bracket. 

I swear RNG is definitely the most "random/inconsistent" team of all, they drop games in Regionals but suddenly are somewhat dominating Denial in a scrim ?  Pls Denial, don't become the BTH of 2009(without winning the champ part) of just 1 good tournament and then blow the rest of the way. I would say that im genuinely concerned for EG, they are arguing way too much without doing actual constructive criticism, I would even take it as far as I don't think this roster is going to be the same after worlds(regardless if they win or not). 

RNG are a good team, but they need to control their emotions better (It's been much better). If they keep their cool, it's a whole different story.

• Upvote (+1) 1

>goes into general discussion

>nothing but complaining about Halo not being Halo

I will happily stay in this thread because Halo 5 is fucking fun to watch and play competitively.

Damn I'm :salt:

I've yet to venture into another thread on this forum.   :wutface: 

It's dank as hell in here.  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've yet to venture into another thread on this forum.   :wutface: 

It's dank as hell in here.  :intensifies:

LOL I posted a gif disagreeing with radar removal and just noticed it has been fervently downvoted. Cold world, be careful out there.  :rekt:

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I disagree, I think they need to talk about the individual plays that go bad too. If players disagree on something, that means they're not on the same page on how to play a particular situation out, and they need to talk about it to better understand who's wrong and what needs to be done to get everyone on the same page. The more on the same page a team is on, the better the odds of winning. They could at least show a little more kindness towards the constructive criticism they give out, but twins are twins. 

You disagree with something I didn't say? I didn't say they shouldn't talk about the individual plays, but they shouldn't use the bad play as an attack. I think they should took about team play over individual play, but individual play is always a factor. Sorry if I didn't make that clear  :)

• Downvote (-1) 1