CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't like that graphic, Royal 2 is Canadian.

The team is still considered to hail from USA, just like Exile5 is from New Zealand despite having two Australians.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So there are team skins in games? I don't follow any of the MOBA's, but if thats the case the precedence is there, hopefully make things easier to arrange. 

Yes and no. Teams that win the World Championship have Championship Skins based off a single champion in their role(one Top, one Mid, one Jungler, one Support and one ADC). Thats the only place for team skins. Other then that you can purchase an Icon that is represented in your Player Profile of all of the organzations and teams. The split is 20% to the org, and 80% to Riot to fund eSports activities like Prize Pools, Tournaments, and Streaming.

This would be a decent breakdown for team skins...

50% 343

30% to crowd funding pool

20% to org

I think considering the eSports skins are designed to cater to eSports I think it would be super clutch to put more towards Crowd Funding.

50% Crowd Funding

30% 343

20% Org

But you're on the right track with those numbers imo.

Diff orgs probably want a different percent so I guess that makes it more complicated.

343 would simply just present it as one model. There is no room for negotiation. We're willing to do this, this is what you'll get. Interested? Yes or no.

No organization is going to say no to having their logo in the game for thousands upon thousands of people to represent, especially if they're making money where previously they were making nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In order to make team skins happen, I wonder if 343 would have to pay the org a percentage for using copyrighted material? or would the orgs have to pay 343 for the opportunity to 'advertise' their brand in game?  

I would imagine any organization would be stoked to have their skin featured in-game. Free advertising, build a following, etc.

Doubt 343 would make them pay if their team was qualified for the future pro league.

Just saw these two. League of Legends gives 20% to the organization for usage of their logo's. Not sure how 343 would do it, but I'd imagine they would replicate this model based off its success in other titles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who do I have to makeout with to get some team skins? :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 4

When you get on h5 for the first time in 2 weeks to play the new update and you match Rayne and Burton your first game of social assault  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Assault is in team arena along with the new map. i think they messed up the playlist tho because i played a match on truth with my team spawning in there flag and the other team spawning in our flag lol 

This is my issue with the forums. This isn't s beyond thing either, it's been like this since back on MLG. But the problem I have is the forums are always filled with complaints about stuff. Critiquing the game and all is great, but where is the discussion for the game at a competitive level?

EVERY competitive gaming site I go to that is made for the competitive players or at least the majority, always discuss the game strategically, mentally, execution wise, etc. however when I look at Halo forums its the opposite, I can't find any substantial substance for competitive play, why to make a decision, what's a good play vs a bad play, why go for this stronghold than that one, how the spawn works in a minute level, etc. it's almost never done here and discussion about it is brushed off about "lol autos OP dewd!!!"

Anyways sorry for the rant but shoutouts to Towey, Audley and Ryanoob trying to make content when it comes to that (you all should get more views than you have tbh). If there's anyone else who does that sort of stuff and I missed your content plz post it as I think they're sorely needed to level up the community as a whole and make us better players.

I make content. Also just partnered up with UGC to start filming from their production studio. The show should be lit. https://www.youtube.com/hcsnow/channel/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Assault is in team arena along with the new map. i think they messed up the playlist tho because i played a match on truth with my team spawning in there flag and the other team spawning in our flag lol 

Respawn Zones are only set for Flag in maps.

Side note: anyone have suggestions of where I might be able to get some footage of WFX from regionals? @@iamguitar ? Desperately need some b-roll footage for the video I'm trying to drop tomorrow since none of their gameplay was shown. :(

eSports Guru periscoped their series vs. Denial. It's c-roll at best though.

1, 2, 3

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think most people misunderstood @

The problem he's talking about isn't a lack of content, but a lack of content that someone could use to improve themselves as a player. Tibs has his stream, Ryanoob has a few videos, Towey has his stream/videos, but those are basically the only resources for people who are trying to get better at the game. If your lucky you have some friends who are both good at the game and patient enough to take you under their wing and help teach you the ins and outs.

Back in the MLG days I remember there was a series where pros reviewed user-submitted gameplays and provided feedback. There was a gigantic thread that detailed every aspect of the Halo 1 spawn system. There were tutorial videos for every button combo in H2 compiled neatly in a "How to get good at H2" type of thread. There hasn't been any equivalent to that for H5, and I'm not sure how much of it has to do with a lack of demand or lack of knowledgeable people willing to produce such content.

• Upvote (+1) 7

eSports Guru periscoped their series vs. Denial. It's c-roll at best though.

1, 2, 3

Really appreciate it.

@@iamguitar @@RyaNoob

I am truly sorry, WFX is about to feel like the red headed step child of this video in terms of clips.

:simms:

What did I just watch

OT: I think it would take royal 2 to break his trigger finger for anyone else to have a chance at worlds. That team is just too good. Ill wait till after worlds to see if lethul ended up making the best decision of his life(not that he cares) but i just cant see any team catching up to them in time.

What saddens me is Allegiance not performing on LAN.

What makes me happy is T2 streaming, keeping that Str8 Rippin name alive.

1. Royal 2

2. Snakebite

3. Snipedown

4. Frosty

5. Roy

Honorable mentions: Lethul, LBX, Suspsector

Instead of individual skill, I tried to think about who is the most valuable player on their team and what they bring to the table. Each one of those guys have shown they can make or break a series if they are playing good. I'm trying to avoid basing this off of Regionals. I'll revisit this after Worlds.

Rooting for Denial, TL, and Noble. Hope they do well. 

EDIT: I need to spruce my profile up and become a premium member when I get home. Just doesn't look right.

In terms of most valuable player I would say

1. Royal 2

2. Snip3down

3.Lunchbox

4. Snakebite

5. Roy

67866556444378978. Lethul  :kappa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Hoz2ZHYZM

OT: I think it would take royal 2 to break his trigger finger for anyone else to have a chance at worlds. That team is just too good. Ill wait till after worlds to see if lethul ended up making the best decision of his life(not that he cares) but i just cant see any team catching up to them in time.

What saddens me is Allegiance not performing on LAN.

What makes me happy is T2 streaming, keeping that Str8 Rippin name alive.

Define "not performing". The only team they lost to was a very strong Denial, and by a very slim margin. Some of you people act like a team needs to win the event to live up to winning online scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Allegiance performs great on LAN as far as I'm concerned.

Apparently it doesn't concern Denial.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just tied 4 Assaults while running solo lol. Is this a normal occurrence for anyone else? I like the game type, but so far, it feels/plays weird to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Define "not performing". The only team they lost to was a very strong Denial, and by a very slim margin. Some of you people act like a team needs to win the event to live up to winning online scrims.

well, yeah i was expecting a win. Im disappointed they are not placing first. Im sure if you ask them if they are content with anything other than first they would say the same. Thats what i meant by perform. Although yes they are performing based on their placings so maybe that was the wrong word to use. ill rephrase my statement:

I am disspointed naded cant seem to get over the hill and come out on top.(1st place)