CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well one thing I can tell you is that anytime a discussion gets started on a game aspect (or a competitive one at that), ten posts into the conversation all you see is:

"Wow you guys are still talking about this?"

Lol like what the heck? Makes it hard to conversate when people downplay actual discussions.

I agree.

And I also want to ask people in this thread who dislike the H5 general discussion thread this: What topics do you prefer that thread discusses?

[sETTINGS DISCUSSION TRIGGER WARNING]

You're seriously telling me Reach should have been played with sprint and bloom at events?

Yes. Just like radar and autos, they're closer to the original game and we want to attract casuals. Also, all of these things add a new layer of depth to the game. Sprints and bloom changed our concepts of bad decisions. Now, radar has expanded our idea of what awareness is and autos have expanded our options in individual fights.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yes. Just like radar and autos, they're closer to the original game and we want to attract casuals. Also, all of these things add a new layer of depth to the game.

you're right.

how could i not see it before?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Keys to Victory

- They need to stop thinking. They need to go in with strats but play with instinct. That's how they won X Games.

- Shut down Royal 2 and SnakeBite.

Pro players should definitely read this, all you have to do to beat CLG is stop thinking and make the best two players in the game obsolete.  

• Upvote (+1) 8

you're right.

how could i not see it before?

It's hard to adapt when the skillgap is expanded so much.

giphy.gif

Hate to admit it guys, but #sustain plan is working. 

Looks like the update is dropping today and im fucking stoked and so are my boys.

• Upvote (+1) 7

giphy.gif

Hate to admit it guys, but #sustain plan is working. 

Looks like the update is dropping today and im fucking stoked and so are my boys.

what is your sig?

As always, if you want to discuss settings please don't do it in this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is there a good place to discuss the competitive settings? The h5 general thread is talking about warzone and Halo lore. As of now, the competitive thread seems like the best place to discuss competitive settings.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just incase they didn't see it.

No, The Teams Seeds and Scrim discussion between them, and the matches had between them is NOT the best place to talk about settings.  Ask the mods/admins to make a competitive discussion thread.  The fact that this thread turns into a dumpster fire because people don't have the ability to have tactful discussions without coming off as complete douchelords gets old as fuck.  9/10 its a shitty discussion because people on both sides get all hell bent on being 'right' when they are both idiots.  And its the same argument over and over again, its like watching people trying to push open the door that says PULL on it. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Came home to play some Halo, and after it updated all playlists say "Could not find a server that was suitable for all members of your fireteam" Anybody any idea what's going on? 

Came home to play some Halo, and after it updated all playlists say "Could not find a server that was suitable for all members of your fireteam" Anybody any idea what's going on?

Hard reset usually fixes that for me
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hard reset usually fixes that for me

Yeah I tried all the usual steps, switching to WiFi rather than wired seems to fix it but I'd rather not play like that. Was working last night before update.

Love seeing Flamesword already playing money 8s and keeping the grind going.

I really don't get the move to coaching suggestion everyone has for him. Yes, I would say he did not show up at this tournament. However if you watched him in LCQ, he was the glue for that team, AND was putting up big numbers. I don't think he's finished yet in terms of talent.

Side note: anyone have suggestions of where I might be able to get some footage of WFX from regionals? @@iamguitar ? Desperately need some b-roll footage for the video I'm trying to drop tomorrow since none of their gameplay was shown. :( 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The second paragraph says, "this is not the place to complain about mechanics..." and then has a link to the h5 general discussion thread. Lol

yea sorry lol I couldn't find a thread debating about comp settings besides that one

Just incase they didn't see it.

@@Nabster

No, The Teams Seeds and Scrim discussion between them, and the matches had between them is NOT the best place to talk about settings.  Ask the mods/admins to make a competitive discussion thread.  The fact that this thread turns into a dumpster fire because people don't have the ability to have tactful discussions without coming off as complete douchelords gets old as fuck.  9/10 its a shitty discussion because people on both sides get all hell bent on being 'right' when they are both idiots.  And its the same argument over and over again, its like watching people trying to push open the door that says PULL on it. 

Oh If a mod says the discussion should be elsewhere then I agree, I just think its stupid and spam like that multiple members have been acting like forum police and posting over and over again how "this isn't the place to debate things". In my eyes that's even more pointless than carrying on a "pointless discussion",  Cyrens post was literally 2 posts above yours. Thank you very much but I can read.

This isn't even solely about settings. The whole thread becomes a drag to read when I have atleast a couple of posts every single page of people telling everyone to "stop talking about x" (like the life changing money debate). If people stop caring about it they'll stop posting about it. If it really has to stop a mod should step in, because they literally are the forum police.

Now that I've made myself guilty of exactly what I've been complaining about, I'll see myself out.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This is my issue with the forums. This isn't s beyond thing either, it's been like this since back on MLG. But the problem I have is the forums are always filled with complaints about stuff. Critiquing the game and all is great, but where is the discussion for the game at a competitive level?

EVERY competitive gaming site I go to that is made for the competitive players or at least the majority, always discuss the game strategically, mentally, execution wise, etc. however when I look at Halo forums its the opposite, I can't find any substantial substance for competitive play, why to make a decision, what's a good play vs a bad play, why go for this stronghold than that one, how the spawn works in a minute level, etc. it's almost never done here and discussion about it is brushed off about "lol autos OP dewd!!!"

Anyways sorry for the rant but shoutouts to Towey, Audley and Ryanoob trying to make content when it comes to that (you all should get more views than you have tbh). If there's anyone else who does that sort of stuff and I missed your content plz post it as I think they're sorely needed to level up the community as a whole and make us better players.

Becasuse most people here don't play the game, most comment about it without even buying the game. Is like r/starcraft (pro dick riding and dedgaem memes).

Oh If a mod says the discussion should be elsewhere then I agree, I just think its stupid and spam like that multiple members have been acting like forum police and posting over and over again how "this isn't the place to debate things". In my eyes that's even more pointless than carrying on a "pointless discussion",  Cyrens post was literally 2 posts above yours. Thank you very much but I can read.

This isn't even solely about settings. The whole thread becomes a drag to read when I have atleast a couple of posts every single page of people telling everyone to "stop talking about x" (like the life changing money debate). If people stop caring about it they'll stop posting about it.

Thread becomes a drag to read before people start saying "stop talking about Y."  When people just keep beating that dead horse.

Yay, you can read! 

Spite

1443.gif

• Downvote (-1) 1