CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just to be clear I'm not saying scrims mean anything substantial. Just that RNG matches up better against EG or teams that play a more setup oriented game than teams that play more aggressive. RNG has gone 1-18 in scrims vs CLG since XGames. Meanwhile they've gone 22-17 vs EG. It's not rocket science to notice the disparity there.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I see a Dannylnight on that list, I thought he didn't qualify and was on loosing team Chosen Legacy.

One of the Chosen squad players couldn't attend so they swapped him out for dany knight 

• Upvote (+1) 2

RNG winning CTF games, and against EG. Is this real life?

It was more of EG losing those CTF games instead of RNG winning them, if you know what I mean. EG were up in both of them and basically lost it for themselves towards the end. Especially on coliseum where they were up 2-1 with 15 seconds left and both teams' flags are out in a standoff. But they allow RNG to get the return and cap because of awful communication. RNG weren't playing especially well or anything like that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

>goes into general discussion

>nothing but complaining about Halo not being Halo

I will happily stay in this thread because Halo 5 is fucking fun to watch and play competitively.

Damn I'm :salt:

This is why I rarely read halo, or gaming forums in general. It is just people repeating the same non-constructive, circlejerks over and over again. I might even agree with some of them, but the fact that these people just talk about it endlessly, and add no reasonable fix to the problem makes these forums cancerous. 

"This isn't halo anymore" Is one way I can tell someone is a fucking idiot who is not worth my time. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is why I rarely read halo, or gaming forums in general. It is just people repeating the same non-constructive, circlejerks over and over again. I might even agree with some of them, but the fact that these people just talk about it endlessly, and add no reasonable fix to the problem makes these forums cancerous. 

"This isn't halo anymore" Is one way I can tell someone is a fucking idiot who is not worth my time. 

You basically summed up the entire Internet right there. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You basically summed up the entire Internet right there. 

Yeah, I realised as I was typing it that I could say the same thing about almost any forum  :simms:

I have an idea.

Lets turn this thread into a circle jerk about how bad H5 general discussion is.

Think they're 1 step ahead of you...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Royal 2, Snakebite, Frosty, Snipedown, Roy?? idk. Roy played by far the best on his team this tourney and idk who else to put. Can't put a denial member because I just don't know enough about them and they are one of the few teams I haven't scrimmed. 

I would say that your top 5 is pretty accurate but I would replace Frosty with Suspector, though its pretty neck and neck IMO between those two players.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I remember when I read the mlg forums in 2011 and it was just a circle jerk about sprint and bloom. I wish those people had just shut up and enjoyed the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I remember when I read the mlg forums in 2011 and it was just a circle jerk about sprint and bloom. I wish those people had just shut up and enjoyed the game.

How would a person enjoy that game?

• Upvote (+1) 7

How would a person enjoy that game?

Presumably the same way they enjoy radar and autos. It's about adapting and embracing a new and complex meta and set of skills.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Presumably the same way they enjoy radar and autos. It's about adapting and embracing a new and complex meta.

Don't want to completely dive into another really off topic debate, but no. Bloom and sprint were terrible mechanics in that game that didn't add to a new and complex meta. It added to randomness and allowing bad decisions to go unpunished. I consider NBNS a completely different game

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is my issue with the forums. This isn't s beyond thing either, it's been like this since back on MLG. But the problem I have is the forums are always filled with complaints about stuff. Critiquing the game and all is great, but where is the discussion for the game at a competitive level?

EVERY competitive gaming site I go to that is made for the competitive players or at least the majority, always discuss the game strategically, mentally, execution wise, etc. however when I look at Halo forums its the opposite, I can't find any substantial substance for competitive play, why to make a decision, what's a good play vs a bad play, why go for this stronghold than that one, how the spawn works in a minute level, etc. it's almost never done here and discussion about it is brushed off about "lol autos OP dewd!!!"

Anyways sorry for the rant but shoutouts to Towey, Audley and Ryanoob trying to make content when it comes to that (you all should get more views than you have tbh). If there's anyone else who does that sort of stuff and I missed your content plz post it as I think they're sorely needed to level up the community as a whole and make us better players.

I agree, I'd much rather discuss particular strategies and things of that sort.

:|

Why the long face Sparty?

Halo 5 is great.

Columbus was amazing.

Hope Liquid can do better.

2016 Huke reminds me of 2008 Snipedown, the hype is real.

If you've never attended an event but have thought about it and want to just do it. I've been to a lot of them and they are always an amazing time. I was a little worried about Columbus being only 16 teams but with the quality of the games and set up, as well as the stakes it was incredible.

Oh and  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback: and please caster duo at HWC ------>  :simms:   :puckett:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Don't want to completely dive into another really off topic debate, but no. Bloom and sprint were terrible mechanics in that game that didn't add to a new and complex meta. It added to randomness and allowing bad decisions to go unpunished. I consider NBNS a completely different game

But they were closer to the core game. We shouldn't drive casuals away by trying to change things that are integral parts of the core game.

But they were closer to the core game. We shouldn't drive casuals away by trying to change things that are integral parts of the core game.

[sETTINGS DISCUSSION TRIGGER WARNING]

You're seriously telling me Reach should have been played with sprint and bloom at events?

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is my issue with the forums. This isn't s beyond thing either, it's been like this since back on MLG. But the problem I have is the forums are always filled with complaints about stuff. Critiquing the game and all is great, but where is the discussion for the game at a competitive level?

EVERY competitive gaming site I go to that is made for the competitive players or at least the majority, always discuss the game strategically, mentally, execution wise, etc. however when I look at Halo forums its the opposite, I can't find any substantial substance for competitive play, why to make a decision, what's a good play vs a bad play, why go for this stronghold than that one, how the spawn works in a minute level, etc. it's almost never done here and discussion about it is brushed off about "lol autos OP dewd!!!"

Anyways sorry for the rant but shoutouts to Towey, Audley and Ryanoob trying to make content when it comes to that (you all should get more views than you have tbh). If there's anyone else who does that sort of stuff and I missed your content plz post it as I think they're sorely needed to level up the community as a whole and make us better players.

Well one thing I can tell you is that anytime a discussion gets started on a game aspect (or a competitive one at that), ten posts into the conversation all you see is:

"Wow you guys are still talking about this?"

Lol like what the heck? Makes it hard to conversate when people downplay actual discussions.

• Upvote (+1) 3