CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They beat nV, sadly. nV was 0-3

Are you sure? I don't think it was played.

Edit: can delete saw answered previously

Are you the man behind/responsible for H5arena?

Yes, whats on your list?

Why is nobody asking the important question around here..????

@@GirlfriendHaver did your sign work?

:kappa:

I have it on good authority that he is now drowning in E-girls.

I don't know if this got posted anywhere, but here were the team records for Columbus

CLG 17-3
Liquid 11-3
EG 12-5
Allegiance 15-8
Denial 16-13
Noble 8-7
Triggers Pound 7-7
Renegades 6-6
Optic 5-7
Elevate 3-6
Astral 3-7
Dream Team 2-9
EnVy 1-6
Overdrive 1-9
SoaR 1-9
WFX 0-6
  • Upvote (+1) 5

So after the hype at the weekend I had to go buy the game, haven't played consistently since 3. My first thought is it's the hardest Halo i've played in terms of aiming, that could be mostly my awful connection/lack of practice. I got placed at Gold 5 so that probably says enough, I don't know exactly how ranks work, really fun game though.

The aiming is different from other games, so don't blame everything on you.

lol yeah. half of the DMs were dudes congratulating me though

Dat F-117 brag :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol yeah. half of the DMs were dudes congratulating me though

lol so you were the guy that said "e girls message me?"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure you can get accuracy per weapon out of the API... maybe @@charas knows?

I'm pretty sure the players keep all profits from tournaments, twitch ads/subs, donations, and youtube ads. Prize money is probably a very small fraction of that. OpTic makes money off the official youtube channel and takes a cut of sponsorships.

Don't underestimate the sponsorship money. Lesser-known players might just be getting some free gear from a sponsor, but a team with the influence of OpTic is probably making some solid income. If I'm Scuf or DXRacer or whatever I'm going to be willing to spend a lot to make sure the biggest names in console eSports aren't telling their huge fanbase to buy my competitor's products. Plus, more/bigger sponsors will take interest as the youtube/twitch channels grow.

A good point to make is OpTic is always referring to it as "The OpTic-Scuf House" point being, i think it was at least partially funded by scuf or fully funded by scuf (being that OpTic pretty much helped make Scuf popular)

• Upvote (+1) 1

The aiming is different from other games, so don't blame everything on you.

Yeah it feels different I wouldn't know how to explain it, left stick is much more important to aiming I've realised though. Sniper is fun and the pistol/br are awesome. Looking forward to getting better.

Yeah it feels different I wouldn't know how to explain it, left stick is much more important to aiming I've realised though. Sniper is fun and the pistol/br are awesome. Looking forward to getting better.

I disagree slightly. I feel like in past games the left stick was more important because you could match someone else's strafe and be okay. I think the right stick is more important in h5 because of the extra movement abilities. Just my two cents anyways.

I think you're misunderstanding. When we want Halo to be accessible, we mean that the game played by the pros is the same game and settings as the casual players play in matchmaking.

When you watch League or CSGO, they play the same maps and the mechanics are nearly identical to matchmaking (I know CSGO changes bomb timers for competitions, but I don't think anything else is different). When you watch MLG H3, the players move faster, do more damage, and have no radar. The maps are also changed. This is very confusing for a casual viewer, because in 90% of the playlists the game doesn't play that way.

When you watched competitive Reach or H4, they had drastic changes from MM. Reach got no bloom and no sprint, and H4 played on maps nobody knew except pros.

This is the inaccessibility we long to avoid.

So If H3 had kept AR starts, power drains and Snowbound, H3 would have really taken off. Got it.

Hint: Casuals wouldn't watch events even if it was "competitive" warzone.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Make sure you change your inner and outer deadzone to 0. Also play around with the acceleration.

So If H3 had kept AR starts, power drains and Snowbound, H3 would have really taken off. Got it.

That was Bungie's fault. They didn't decide to build off the foundation of CE's mechanics, so someone else had the fix the shit they did instead. If Halo 2 and Halo 3 came out the way they did, but still had the AR and 3 Shot Magnum untouched, we wouldn't have had to deal with the slow decline.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sorry for the late post everyone but, from a spectators point of view from this weekend it was the first event that i have been to since 2012 that felt like halo was alive and well. What i mean by that is people were getting hype over the smallest things i mean when el-town did that jump on fathom people were going crazy. Halo 5 is an entirely different game. I think if we want to honestly keep it alive we need more pros making content/streaming. I believe that cod is on the downfall but its not going to get as low as we did during the reach/h4 days because of the amount of content and the love people have for different teams. But with that being said. This weekend was amazing MLG did a great job and the hype was real. Also, how bout those final boss hoodies/tee's doe 

**ninja edit

343 has to keep some sort of dev support along with Microsoft. All spectators got an xbox one halo 5 controller. that was hugeeee

• Upvote (+1) 5

Keeping the game as vanilla as possible is what keeps new players trying to become the best they can be, and that's how we will see our small tiny fraction of the Halo community grow and develop.

And this is exactly what is happening. 30-35k for NA finals? Anybody who argues against Vanilla H5 and says it's bad for the community is not only trying too hard, but completely wrong. H5 may not be my favorite Halo, but it's getting the job done that Reach V7 and Halol 4 could never do. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hint: Casuals wouldn't watch events even if it was "competitive" warzone.

That's not what I said, nor is it anywhere near my point. My point is that in order to have an accessible esports scene, you should have a game that is competitive by default. If H3 had had MLG settings or similar competitiveness in its base game, it would have been much more accessible for a casual viewer.

And to just write off casual viewers is just a god awful idea. You think the millions that watch LoL or DOTA or even CS are competitive players? There's tons of casual viewers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And this is exactly what is happening. 30-35k for NA finals? Anybody who argues against Vanilla H5 and says it's bad for the community is not only trying too hard, but completely wrong. H5 may not be my favorite Halo, but it's getting the job done that Reach V7 and Halol 4 could never do. 

I'm sure that's totallyyyy why  :rolleyes:. It couldn't have anything to do with the game not being literal trash on release, more advertisement in game, and overall just a better platform to promote the series. It has to be the radar man! Dem default settings. It brings in all dem views

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure that's totallyyyy why  :rolleyes:. It couldn't have anything to do with the game not being literal trash on release, more advertisement in game, and overall just a better platform to promote the series. It has to be the radar man! Dem default settings. It brings in all dem views

It dose not alienate the casuals. Tell me I'm wrong

So after the hype at the weekend I had to go buy the game, haven't played consistently since 3. My first thought is it's the hardest Halo i've played in terms of aiming, that could be mostly my awful connection/lack of practice. I got placed at Gold 5 so that probably says enough, I don't know exactly how ranks work, really fun game though.

Resurrected my halo love as a 25 year old college senior. Welcome back

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry for the late post everyone but, from a spectators point of view from this weekend it was the first event that i have been to since 2012 that felt like halo was alive and well. What i mean by that is people were getting hype over the smallest things i mean when el-town did that jump on fathom people were going crazy. Halo 5 is an entirely different game. I think if we want to honestly keep it alive we need more pros making content/streaming. I believe that cod is on the downfall but its not going to get as low as we did during the reach/h4 days because of the amount of content and the love people have for different teams. But with that being said. This weekend was amazing MLG did a great job and the hype was real. Also, how bout those final boss hoodies/tee's doe 

**ninja edit

343 has to keep some sort of dev support along with Microsoft. All spectators got an xbox one halo 5 controller. that was hugeeee

I didn't know you post here. It was awesome meeting you this weekend. Like you said. The event was a blast. 

• Upvote (+1) 1