CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also giving some Status Quo vibes, a bunch of young guns led by a vet. I definitely think these will be names we remember for a while.

Yeah for sure... SQ had Side and Ace when it first formed? Or was it just SS?

I've been watching Royal 2 and Snipedown for their pistol and sniper accuracy, but I haven't seen a consensus for best ar accuracy yet. Are those 2 players the best with ar or is it one of the newer players?

I've been watching Royal 2 and Snipedown for their pistol and sniper accuracy, but I haven't seen a consensus for best ar accuracy yet. Are those 2 players the best with ar or is it one of the newer players?

Watch Contra for his pistol/BR accuracy
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty confident that its Snipedown for overall accuracy. The amount of times I've sat there after a game going "How the fuck..." to his accuracy scores compared to any other pro player...

But no, I dont think that there is an actual place to find out without checking each individual pro. Do stat websites even track average accuracy?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks to eclipse for the contra suggestion for Br/pistol.

To fizzy, I'm not so much interested in the accuracy % as I am interested in who has a dominant ar/storm rifle/smg shot.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've really been enjoying these optic videos lately. I have one question though? Where does optic make its money? They have a 3 million dollar mansion and they're looking at another one with a pool in the middle of the house? Optic must be making some serious bank but I don't understand how they do it with just one successful team in COD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've really been enjoying these optic videos lately. I have one question though? Where does optic make its money? They have a 3 million dollar mansion and they're looking at another one with a pool in the middle of the house? Optic must be making some serious bank but I don't understand how they do it with just one successful team in COD.

Piggy backing on this

I've always wanted to know what pros do as jobs/careers/school. Who's in college, who works full-time and games at night, who is married, kids, etc. Opens up an avenue to connect more with them and learn to balance life/gaming. 

We're the first generation to grow up with videogames as a potential career opportunity and an eSports market. Cool to think I could be 35 years old playing fucking halo competitively. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

To fizzy, I'm not so much interested in the accuracy % as I am interested in who has a dominant ar/storm rifle/smg shot.

Oh my apologies. For some reason I interpreted ar as br. Yeah, in that case I'd say look at a few of the young guns like Contra, Frosty, and Huke. I suspect Hukes skills transfer over largely from CoD, but I'm not sure if he played an SMG role or something else.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Merchandise, sponsorships, and youtube money. The houses are likely rented.

Piggy backing on this

I've always wanted to know what pros do as jobs/careers/school. Who's in college, who works full-time and games at night, who is married, kids, etc. Opens up an avenue to connect more with them and learn to balance life/gaming. 

We're the first generation to grow up with videogames as a potential career opportunity and an eSports market. Cool to think I could be 35 years old playing fucking halo competitively. 

I dont know about that my dude. Pro Players typically have a short shelf live in terms of longevity. More so in PC games then console, but at some point your reflexes will slow and even more so, your bones and joints will start to ache and carpal tunnel becomes a real factor. I dont know if there are any games outside of Halo which really has an older talent pool in their titles. 2gre and Naded are rare exceptions.

@@SneeeeeZy Dont underestimate that Youtube money my dude. Top top top youtubers are earning upwards of a couple million a year. Pewdiepie alone is banking 12 million. Now considering Optic has a whole fleet of decent to top tier youtubers...

For science purposes I need a quick assist:

• What were the results of dT vs. Triggers Pound?
  • Astral and Soar both went 0-3 correct?

I dont know about that my dude. Pro Players typically have a short shelf live in terms of longevity. More so in PC games then console, but at some point your reflexes will slow and even more so, your bones and joints will start to ache and carpal tunnel becomes a real factor. I dont know if there are any games outside of Halo which really has an older talent pool in their titles. 2gre and Naded are rare exceptions.

@@SneeeeeZy Dont underestimate that Youtube money my dude. Top top top youtubers are earning upwards of a couple million a year. Pewdiepie alone is banking 12 million. Now considering Optic has a whole fleet of decent to top tier youtubers...

Absolutely. I meant playing in competitive halo tournaments, online qualifiers, etc. not necessarily playing at THAT high of a level. Still a really cool concept to think about IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

TP 3-0'd DT

AA 3-1'd Soar

AA was 1-2, Soar was 0-3

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea I guess i've never really realized how much money is in youtube. I can see why Hecz pushes for so much content now. 

Also I wouldn't say Halo has an older talent pool. I'd say the average pro age is probably around 20-21?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dominant ar/storm rifle/smg shot? Anyone that has thumbs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be impossible for both Astral and Soar to go 0-3.

I'm pretty confident that its Snipedown for overall accuracy. The amount of times I've sat there after a game going "How the fuck..." to his accuracy scores compared to any other pro player...

But no, I dont think that there is an actual place to find out without checking each individual pro. Do stat websites even track average accuracy?

I'm not sure you can get accuracy per weapon out of the API... maybe @@charas knows?

I'm pretty sure the players keep all profits from tournaments, twitch ads/subs, donations, and youtube ads. Prize money is probably a very small fraction of that. OpTic makes money off the official youtube channel and takes a cut of sponsorships.

Don't underestimate the sponsorship money. Lesser-known players might just be getting some free gear from a sponsor, but a team with the influence of OpTic is probably making some solid income. If I'm Scuf or DXRacer or whatever I'm going to be willing to spend a lot to make sure the biggest names in console eSports aren't telling their huge fanbase to buy my competitor's products. Plus, more/bigger sponsors will take interest as the youtube/twitch channels grow.

http://halo5arena.com/player/eg-snip3down-ew

1b0d67fbf0ea28cba0b43fe16e9e6bbf.png

^Snipedowns average magnum accuracy for the Feb 2016 season in the Team Arena playlist. http://halo5arena.com/ is seriously awesome. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not sure if everyone caught this since it was posted on reddit...

GW8aH4G.png

Seems like they are very keen on switching up the Arena balance a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Absolutely. I meant playing in competitive halo tournaments, online qualifiers, etc. not necessarily playing at THAT high of a level. Still a really cool concept to think about IMO. 

Entirely agree. Sorry I misinterpreted. Twenty years ago, this was barely a thing...Now we're looking at it on the cusp of mainstream media. Who knows, 20 years from now this could be bigger then The Super Bowl.

Yea I guess i've never really realized how much money is in youtube. I can see why Hecz pushes for so much content now. 

Also I wouldn't say Halo has an older talent pool. I'd say the average pro age is probably around 20-21?

STUPID money. I've linked the top ten YouTube earners in this article below. I dont know how Optic operates in terms of rent, organization cut and so forth but I would imagine that there is something for the brand taking you under and essentially making you. Nadeshot is obviously their biggest factor and I cant even imagine the money he pulls in. Thats why Optic is so well liked. Name another org creating that much content on such a broad variety with as likable characters. Hecz has it figured out.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/youtubes-millionaires-top-10-highest-earning-users-revealed-pewdiepie-taking-top-spot-12m-1524384

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dominant ar/storm rifle/smg shot? Anyone that has thumbs.

I disagree. I don't think they'd let you start with the ar in the Halo world championship if it were that easy.