CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think just about everyone that searches playlist has hit him with the ninja at this point though. His low sense causes him to get it a lot of the time I watch his stream. They'll be dominating a scrim or whatever and you just hear him complaining in the background that everyone goes for them lol

No game is able to survive on it's own right in this day and age which is my point. Smash is the exception to the rule and we may never see another instance of a game on life support coming back stronger than ever because of a very peculiar turn of events that created a perfect storm for a perfect mistake of a game. 

You always reference the past and that's exactly what it is, the past. We tend to look at those days with rose tinted glasses but for many they wanted to turn this into a sustainable living and the systems of the past would not have allowed that to happen. The desire to modernize and popularize the underground competitive gaming experience has led us to this point and if you use Halo 4 as an example in the history of Halo it's proof that one off big events (while extremely successful in the short term) was just that, a one off event.

With no system in place people lose interest and I do agree with those in this thread that the first event taking so long to happen didn't help matters much but now that it did happen you're starting to see the interest swell up and it's all about how 343 and all parties involved in the back end capitalize on the "Halo Hype" after Worlds. It happened in COD, CS, Street Fighter and so many other games in the past.

So you are correct Halo 5 would not survive without the support being sunk into it but that's not a product of the game but a product of how the industry has changed over the years.

Like you said, Smash is the exception(the only one I'm afraid) because they had THE BALLS  to stick with the best game. Now that we got H5 in our hands, it is in OUR HANDS to push for the best competitive experience we possibly can. All it takes is a community that is not complacent with the current product(in case that it is bad, which Halo 5 isn't fully the case) and be more than vocal about the game we want to play. Simple.

Yeah I don't know why Royal 2 would need to say something, shit happens. It was a great play by Contra.

Is worlds here yet? I need more Halo action!

I want to hear more Bubu Dubu chants! I really think he could turn out to be one of the best Halo players without a doubt. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shoot your questions to this tweet or @ me!

@FlizzyFletch

Pro Player Spotlight #3 will be up by the end of the week. I'll be working on #4 with @@Jimbo immediately after. Originally I was going to release 1-2 a week prior to Worlds but I'll be attending G4G and then hopefully the Halo World Championship(Almost certain). Instead, I'll be doing some vLogs, Tournament Reviews on location and Live Video Interviews at the events. That being said, I love doing these so I'll still try to get a few more out prior to Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can anyone summarise the dankness from the weekends forum festivities? I had to choose either watch regionals or lurk in the corner over there and I'm not going through ten thousand pages to catch up.

Thanks

xox

...I'm sorry, did you seriously just argue that radar would make Lockout TS better?

I literally don't even know what to say to that.

You just argued that camping is a good thing in Halo.

tumblr_ni8f4hfAXy1ty2kceo1_500.gif

no, i didn't. i used a specific situation to try to argue a point, that point being that radar creates strategic opportunities in addition to making others unreasonable. i honestly don't know very much about how lockout plays at all, i just know that it often stagnates with each team camping their tower and used that as the background for a possible strategic play

where did i advocate for camping??? i talked about one play that could be considered camping, a play that is barely affected by radar and would be exactly the same without radar if the person camping behind the flag stand decided to peek out after a call out. i'm not sure if you just don't understand my argument or you're just trying to discredit it

for the record, I AGREE WITH YOU. i think this game would be better without radar. but you're suggesting that radar is some awful terrible thing that ruins halo and that's just not true. it affects the game but it is something that players can and have adapted to without gameplay being devolved into people just hiding and camping with storm rifles

additionally its pisses me off that you're trying to discredit my argument by making broad generalizations about what i'm saying but whatever it's an internet forum i don't know what else to expect :/

If I am Optic I would transition Flame to a coach/analyst/sub role and build the team around Maniac and Lifestyle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Switching up the discussion cause it's so riveting  :kappa: right now, I think I'm going to be entering the content making game.

I was fantasizing on the bus to work this morning about some great videos I'd like to see be made, and I think I'll take that step forward for the halo community and make them myself.

People like HCSstats, Bad Dub, Tormented, FlizzyFletch and so many others have made me realize that it is our PASSION that keeps this game alive. And if I can translate some of my thoughts and ideas into content that others enjoy, then I'm damn well going to try.

Make all the settings arguments you want, but it has been a long time since I have been this involved in a game.

Sorry for the pre-hype (I always hated stuff like this on reddit; "would anyone enjoy this if I made it?"), but I wanted to get the message out there to others. All it takes is a select few individuals in a community with the drive and passion to benefit the greater majority immensely.

Fucking quote me on this, videos coming soon.

- A random onyx scrub Pono/Glory

Looking forward to seeing the content you come up with my dude. Give me a shout if you need any feedback or want to run an idea through a friendly face!

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is true. A lot of people have been working extremely hard on collecting data and stats for everyone to appreciate. I remember when the API was confirmed for Halo 5 and everyone was excited. I expected just websites like HaloTracker to thrive... but people have done that and so much more. And I think something like this doesn't get enough recognition. I feel like some of those people deserve their passions to be turned into jobs, whether it's for leagues or for 343. Some of those dudes do live coverage of events on Twitter while working a normal job, travel across the country on their own means to be able to collect stats, put up with people who act like it should be a given and remain patient and keep doing it regardless... it's amazing to see. 

Not in my lifetime but maybe one day!

that is an incredibly specific example that will rarely actually happen :lxthul:

but how does the presence of radar change this situation at all? the only difference is that the player standing still wouldn't know the player is going towards him but as soon as the player appeared he'd know anyways. with or without radar, the player shouldn't walk into an area where an enemy might be lurking without being cautious

my point isn't that radar should or shouldn't be in the game, but that saying things like "it is completely unacceptable..." is a good way to invalidate your argument. radar changes the game, but i think it's possible to argue that it changes it in a good way

I could write an an essay about why it's completely unacceptable with well-supported reasons but unfortunately I doubt people want to see that in this thread

no, i didn't. i used a specific situation to try to argue a point, that point being that radar creates strategic opportunities in addition to making others unreasonable. i honestly don't know very much about how lockout plays at all, i just know that it often stagnates with each team camping their tower and used that as the background for a possible strategic play

If you don't know how Lockout plays, why would you use it as an example?

Adding radar to Lockout would literally remove any possible chance a team could ever have of effectively challenging either tower.

where did i advocate for camping??? i talked about one play that could be considered camping, a play that is barely affected by radar and would be exactly the same without radar if the person camping behind the flag stand decided to peek out after a call out. i'm not sure if you just don't understand my argument or you're just trying to discredit it

That wasn't a play that "could be considered camping". That was the literal definition of camping and the absolute epitome of the negative influence radar would have on the game.

If you have a better example, then bring it, but anything that involves someone crouching in a corner and waiting for someone to walk by on their radar is straight, unfiltered, cold-brewed camping - and I'm pretty sure something nobody wants to see in Halo.

for the record, I AGREE WITH YOU. i think this game would be better without radar. but you're suggesting that radar is some awful terrible thing that ruins halo and that's just not true. it affects the game but it is something that players can and have adapted to without gameplay being devolved into people just hiding and camping with storm rifles

additionally its pisses me off that you're trying to discredit my argument by making broad generalizations about what i'm saying but whatever it's an internet forum i don't know what else to expect :/

So if radar is something that so minimally impacts the game, then there's no issue with removing it, right?

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is true. A lot of people have been working extremely hard on collecting data and stats for everyone to appreciate. I remember when the API was confirmed for Halo 5 and everyone was excited. I expected just websites like HaloTracker to thrive... but people have done that and so much more. And I think something like this doesn't get enough recognition. I feel like some of those people deserve their passions to be turned into jobs, whether it's for leagues or for 343. Some of those dudes do live coverage of events on Twitter while working a normal job, travel across the country on their own means to be able to collect stats, put up with people who act like it should be a given and remain patient and keep doing it regardless... it's amazing to see. 

I love seeing how passionate people are, and I'm grateful that the community is compromised of people like this. I would give everyone an individual shout out, but I don't want to be disrespectful and forget someone. However, you know who you are, and rest assured your work is very much appreciated.

Kr423r.gif

Was awesome meeting you this weekend man. If you haven't considered it, you should get a team together for G4G the weekend before Worlds.

Good luck moving forward as well, hope you stick around Halo cause you're a great asset to this community.

• Upvote (+1) 3