CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

of all the changes that should/could happen with the game the pistol needs 0 of them.

Can you tell me one negative of making the pistol a 4sk? Legitimately curious. 

It doesn't have to be, you're right, but what happens if 343 keeps radar in for the next tournament?

I don't predict a huge outcry. I predict a timid, "okay, if that's what you feel is best", followed by some contrived rationalization about a casual audience.

im not a fan of radar either to be honest, but if it is kept and everyone is playing with radar, how is it not competitive?    its not like anyone is at an advantage or disadvantage if we all have a radar to use....its just a different style of gameplay, which yes i know, can be a little underwhelming to watch at times, but it doesnt make it less competitive

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It doesn't have to be, you're right, but what happens if 343 keeps radar in for the next tournament?

I don't predict a huge outcry. I predict a timid, "okay, if that's what you feel is best", followed by some contrived rationalization about a casual audience.

I'd be fine with it, not because I'm some lemming that supports everything 343 does, but because I think it's ok to have radar in this game given how it plays.  I think I'm stupid because I'm always at a loss whenever every argument for why Halo is struggling basically comes down to "radar is in competitive".

I would not be shocked either way if the pros voted to keep it in OR to get rid of it. I don't believe it do be as impactful as some folks do, and just haven't seen the evidence that definitively shows me the light (talking specifically for this game and how it's played, not "we've never had radar in competitive!").

• Upvote (+1) 1

It definitely belongs there. Late H2A started the resurgance. Early H2A was catastrophic and in terms of a spectator eSport it certainly did not help until late. Do you not remember 12 hour single Elim tournaments because the game just did not work?

season 2 had less viewers than season 1. They completely fucked up season 2, and the gap between the last tourney to H5 was too long.

Still, H2A brought a lot of interest back to halo, and brought back a lot of players.

im not a fan of radar either to be honest, but if it is kept and everyone is playing with radar, how is it not competitive?    its not like anyone is at an advantage or disadvantage if we all have a radar to use....its just a different style of gameplay, which yes i know, can be a little underwhelming to watch at times, but it doesnt make it less competitive

We can have a discussion about things that upset balance vs. things that drive the playing/spectating experience into the ground, but the fact remains that radar is not and has never been good for competitive Halo. That's why it's been turned off for fourteen years.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This is why we need a player committee, people. Please tell me how it is advantageous for people to work full time and then come home and practice for a game with no real reward besides a chunk at the end of the year? Online Cups are not sufficient as we saw this season with Evil Geniuses, CLG and Allegiance taking home them... All? I want RNG, Denial, Liquid, Winterfox to thrive but if I were them I'd be bummed out putting all this work in for nothing. 

Player committee formed by Captains of top 16 teams, meeting monthly discussing settings. LAN events. WE NEED LAN. Prize pools that are generous for a winner but doesn't discredit 8-16 teams and a way for amateur teams (like high schoolers for example) to make pocket money at the weekend, $500.00 or so. This really isn't rocket science people.     

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread is pathetic right now omfg.

Does anybody think any members on CLG feel really bad for Ogre 2 since he can't go to worlds anymore?

• Upvote (+1) 7

I find it quite interesting that everyone on Beyond is complaining about radar in this game when even some of the top pros have said that they've played with it on and off and they prefer it to be on due to the vast increase in maneuverability.

• Upvote (+1) 1

season 2 had less viewers than season 1. They completely fucked up season 2, and the gap between the last tourney to H5 was too long.

Still, H2A brought a lot of interest back to halo, and brought back a lot of players.

But one could argue season 2 had less viewers then season 1 because season 1 was completely catastrophic and plenty of people lost interest.

I was ecstatic picking up my copy of H2A. Returned it two weeks later. I'm not alone in that sentiment either.

I would agree that H2A started to put Halo back on the radar, but largely in the sense that it put Halo 5 in the limelight going forward and let people know Halo existed still.

Does anybody think any members on CLG feel really bad for Ogre 2 since he can't go to worlds anymore?

probably, maybe not lethul cause he has no emotions, but i bet you snakebite and royal 2 will always appreciate 2gre for believing in them 

• Upvote (+1) 5

But it does make it less competitive, the spectrum of flanking and making sneaky plays is severely downplayed by this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd be fine with it, not because I'm some lemming that supports everything 343 does, but because I think it's ok to have radar in this game given how it plays.  I think I'm stupid because I'm always at a loss whenever every argument for why Halo is struggling basically comes down to "radar is in competitive".

Halo is not going to visually "struggle" regardless of what you put in the game. That's just never going to happen. Of course, we're talking about a community that was perfect okay with Lockout TS games back in the day, so the measure of what people are willing to put up with is massive.

Radar is free information in a game that is about run-and-gun battles of physical ability. It creates stagnation when two players are aware of each other, and where only one is aware, we get corner-camping.

Advocating for radar in competitive play is like advocating for Promethean vision.

I find it quite interesting that everyone on Beyond is complaining about radar in this game when even some of the top pros have said that they've played with it on and off and they prefer it to be on due to the vast increase in maneuverability.

First of all, where did you hear this?

Secondly, all it does is punish people who try to make great flanks. Halo 5's inherently chaotic gameplay is a problem that can't be solved.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They don't play with it off, ever, and they want to keep it on because that is what they are used to and it gives them a better chance at winning. 

The majority of pros prefer settings that give them the best chance at winning, not the most competitive. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

probably, maybe not lethul cause he has no emotions, but i bet you snakebite and royal 2 will always appreciate 2gre for believing in them

Yeah I was thinking Lethul probably doesn't feel that bad since he was offered that spot and he took it. Probably very happy about it lol.

Yeah I hope these guys feel bad but they did make the right decision tho. Just really sad seeing how it worked out for him =(

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not in favor or against it, but an argument can be made for power creep, for the viability of on map weapons, or just too fast of a TTK compared to every other weapon. If you change it to a 4SK, you'd likely have to adjust the speed of the shots to not make it a better weapon than most weapons on map.

Yeah I was thinking Lethul probably doesn't feel that bad since he was offered that spot and he took it. Probably very happy about it lol.

Yeah I hope these guys feel bad but they did make the right decision tho. Just really sad seeing how it worked out for him =(

I'm sure Lethul does feel bad in some sense. He's not heartless. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

But it does make it less competitive, the spectrum of flanking and making sneaky plays is severely downplayed by this.

did u see how many flawless flanks happened this weekend?   just sayin.

with that being said, there is no way we can make everyone happy with settings, and we will all have our opinions, but at the end of the day we play the settings that the tournaments roll with.  gotta learn to adapt a little.   new game new tactics

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol

to

Don't have any.  Wasn't the point of my post.  I honestly believe the pistol/br/dmr kill times are just fine as is.  The reason i've always enjoyed halo was the fact the kill times were not something near nonexistent(not saying a 4sk pistol would, but its not something that looks like its in dire need of a fix.  If i could look at it and play around with it, and its completely negligible then idgaf.)  The fact you could turn around and if you had the better strafe win the gun battle even though they caught you off guard.  

If i wanted faster kill times, i'd go play cod.

Edit:  And to make it clear, I said that those kill times don't NEED to be changed.  But its something that can be tested and tried out.  But the game sure could use other changes first.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stahppppp! Thats a question I have for Lethul in his spotlight!

:)

EDIT: On that [email protected]@LethuL Whats the best way to communicate for you? Beyond DM's, Email, Twitter DM's or Skype?

If its Twitter, mind sliding me a DM? Yours are currently closed.

I'm sure Lethul does feel bad in some sense. He's not heartless.

Yeah I'm sure he feels little bit bad but he's probably on a team that's even better than EG. He's grateful for that
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

did u see how many flawless flanks happened this weekend?   just sayin.

with that being said, there is no way we can make everyone happy with settings, and we will all have our opinions, but at the end of the day we play the settings that the tournaments roll with.  gotta learn to adapt a little.   new game new tactics

Please...not the #adapt again...please.

Also, not as many flanks as we can possibly see if radar was turned off(which can help with those Fathom CTF stalemates.)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah I'm sure he feels little bit bad but he's probably on a team that's even better than EG. He's grateful for that

Accidentally negged. Argh.