CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I believe it's clear that 2gre's time as a Halo pro has passed. He should really ride off into the sunset as our undisputed GOAT and one of the, if not THE, main reason why a lot of us love Halo as much as we do today.

Ola? He has actually been playing some good Halo. I think he will perform well still on a decent team (let's not pretend like the current nV squad is good). The new movement mechanics give him a lot of new ways to be annoyingly difficult to kill

Just like when he didn't place well in H3? Oh wait he came back and destroyed 2010. Like when he didn't place top 8 in Reach? Oh wait the God Squad happened. When he retired after Reach? Oh he came back and won an H2A event and placed top 2 nearly every tournament. He can come back if he wants to. His career was never defined by his failures after H2 but instead how he came back from them

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not familiar with the EU scene...but wasnt Infused the Dignitas team? What happened there?

I hope nV sticks it out. So much potential on that squad and the only teams they lost to are Denial and EG. I could see them making a splash next year.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Looking at it hypothetically and using infused as an example, if they make it out of groups including UK and EU finals the lads will have bagged a minimum of $98,000 in the space of 3 months giving them roughly at a guess £17,500 each. (split evenly by 4 players with no deductions)

This makes me happy as hell, what a life changing lump sum of money for playing Halo.

I'll be so happy if any EU roster does well COME ON BOYS!

Let's be real.... is that really a "life changing" amount of money? The obvious answer is no.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 17

I'm not familiar with the EU scene...but wasnt Infused the Dignitas team? What happened there?

Dig picked up Vibe and they tilted hard against french team Millenium to be then finished off by German team Fab, didn't make it out of groups unfortunately, i was expecting them to win it...

Infused is the old TCM roster and they won the EMEA Regionals.

No, the draw has yet to be made. But we do know restrictions. EG/Denial/CLG/Allegiance can't be drawn into the same group, both ANZ teams can't be drawn into the same group, and no more than one EMEA team can be either. Essentially, the groups will look like:

NA 1 (seeds 1-4)

NA 2 (seeds 5-8)

EMEA

ANZ or LATAM or ASIA

I could be wrong but the pools would be like:

Pool 1:

CLG (NA)

Infused (EU)

Immunity (ANZ)

AfterLife (LATAM)

Pool 2:

Denial (NA)

Excel (EU)

Exile (ANZ)

Aftermath (Asia)

Pool 3:

Epsilon (EU)

FabE (EU)

EG (NA)

Allegiance (NA)

Pool 4:

Triggers Pound

Noble

Liquid

Renegades

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I hope nV sticks it out. So much potential on that squad and the only teams they lost to are Denial and EG. I could see them making a splash next year.

I doubt they will. Sure on paper the team looks nasty, but they just didn't mesh well together (or at least so it seemed). 

Let's be real.... is that really a "life changing" amount of money? The obvious answer is no.

where in fuck do you come from that 20 thousand dollars isn't life changing.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

take it easy on him guys, he is clearly well off or just unaware of how much money 20k is

it's a shit load

When Halo was on top of the world, streaming was in its infancy. Of course the stream numbers are going to be better today. And are we really using Dallas 2012 as a measure of when Halo was healthy? 

Thousands of people attended MLG events JUST for Halo in its heyday. People drove across the country with stunning regularity to attend what were basically glorified LANs. Ask yourself this - if there weren't dev-run tournaments with guaranteed huge payouts right now, would we even have Halo 5 tournaments? 

Halo used to thrive IN SPITE of the developers, not because they put the game on life support. 

The point is that Halo was never "on top of the world"; we all have nostalgia goggles and MLG lost money every year until 2012.  It was a bubble with relatively low viewership, never breaking 35k. 

I think you're underestimating how high attendance would be If there were a giant H5 LAN announced in the Midwest ... the only MLG H4 event had a ton of people despite that game being terrible.  Plus people don't really go for competition, they go to hang out and have hotel LANs etc.

EG looked very shaky the entire weekend. Roy seemed like the only one who really showed up for them. He's always been consistent so it's really up Snipedown and Lunch to focus up if they want to win Worlds.

I agree.  They went 9-1 in their group, which is still great and are still a top 4 team but they weren't "dominating" as much as we are used to seeing.

Still, let's give the CLG sweep a little context as it was not as much of a blowout as the 0-4 would indicate.  They had to replay the flag game because it was still a tie after the first OT (which is stupid IMO, make overtime 15 minutes and make it true sudden death).  On Regret slayer they were ahead until they got caught in a bad spawn rotation which let CLG get the Fuel.  If just a couple of plays go differently in either of those games, the series would be tied at 2-2 and we are having a different discussion today.

EG also beat Denial in their group, who made it to the finals and had to beat Allegiance to get there.

I am NOT saying that CLG wasn't actually the better team, they were dominating throughout the whole tourney more than any other team, but i still think that EG is #2, not 4.

With 25k my wife and I would be able to pay off our student loans which otherwise will take another 3-5 years. That amount of money can absolutely be life changing if a person isn't dumb with it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Come on dude, don't make such ignorant statements. For a young adult, receiving 20k is very much life changing and can open up a lot of new opportunities to grow that sum.

Talking about how life changing 20k is, it's insane just thinking about the even bigger prize break downs. Is anyone worried after such a huge pay off, some players won't return for next season? Obviously every pro loves playing Halo, I don't think you could get to that level without a passion for it, but to play it at their level is a job, and if any of us won the higher bracket money, we'd think twice about returning to work. Obviously I hope this isn't the case!

I agree.  They went 9-1 in their group, which is still great and are still a top 4 team but they weren't "dominating" as much as we are used to seeing.

Still, let's give the CLG sweep a little context as it was not as much of a blowout as the 0-4 would indicate.  They had to replay the flag game because it was still a tie after the first OT (which is stupid IMO, make overtime 15 minutes and make it true sudden death).  On Regret slayer they were ahead until they got caught in a bad spawn rotation which let CLG get the Fuel.  If just a couple of plays go differently in either of those games, the series would be tied at 2-2 and we are having a different discussion today.

EG also beat Denial in their group, who made it to the finals and had to beat Allegiance to get there.

I am NOT saying that CLG wasn't actually the better team, they were dominating throughout the whole tourney more than any other team, but i still think that EG is #2, not 4.

EG made that CLG series somewhat competitive because EG are the most disciplined team outside of CLG and have a lot of experience playing against them. I faith that all members of EG will play at the top of their game at Worlds based on their past experiences.

As a college student right now? Hell yeah

I'm hoping if some pros win enough money 1 or 2 of them could quit their job and even look into streaming/youtube full time.

Would be great to see!

• Upvote (+1) 8

Dig picked up Vibe and they tilted hard against french team Millenium to be then finished off by German team Fab, didn't make it out of groups unfortunately, i was expecting them to win it...

Infused is the old TCM roster and they won the EMEA Regionals.

Interesting, sucks because Dig fans would def tune in Worlds  stream(just like Optic fans). I have hopes that we wont see a Top 8 of just NA teams(although this seems likely).

Btw, Huke and Bubu need to start streaming ASAP. I respected Huke's talents during AW, but now I'm a fan of the kid. Bubu dubu should also push his brand because watching people in twitch chat post "bubu take my dubu" had me dying of laughter. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Ola...The new movement mechanics give him a lot of new ways to be annoyingly difficult to kill

At the same time, I feel that radar hurts a player like him who was so exceptionally good at juking and being sneaky.

• Upvote (+1) 3

At the same time, I feel that radar hurts a player like him who was so exceptionally good at juking and being sneaky.

Agreed. Radar is forcing people to play differently than they ever would have otherwise and that hurts some more than others. Ola being one of them.