CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Optic picking up a GOOD team would benefit the Halo scene so much....

Denial Squad leaves Denial and becomes the new Optic squad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn, people are so sensitive over teabagging. Teabagging is silly fun

GOODNESS SAKE

I'm in complete agreement, but I think we can all understand why Che would feel like discouraging it "at the pro level" is a good idea. At the end of the day, 343i is a large company that may not want to publicly support players dragging their virtual genitals across each others' metaphorical foreheads (I mean, Halo 5 is even a "T" game this time around)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Denial Squad leaves Denial and becomes the new Optic squad.

That would be amazing, but Huke and the Denial "CEO" relationship is too tight for that too happen. If I am Huke, no matter what the results are at HWC, I leave Denial and approach Hecz. The Optic fanbase have been in love with the kid since the beginning of 2015. Maniac and Flame should just be content creators for Optic, more so Flame.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That would be amazing, but Huke and the Denial "CEO" relationship is to tight for that too happen. If I am Huke, no matter what the results are at HWC, I leave Denial and approach Hecz. The Optic fanbase have been in love with the kid since the beginning of 2015. Maniac and Flame should just be content creators for Optic, more so Flame.

Flame should coach Optic. Maniac should be else where lol

Hey, I just wanted to comment on some things about the CLG series but before I do I guess I'll tell you guys why I'm even in the spot I'm in. As far as game knowledge goes me and ola would talk literally everyday in 2008-2011 about gameplay, decision making, etc etc and I became friends with many of the top pros so I was just always around high level gameplay and game knowledge. When I coached cloud 9 last year my biggest weakness was lack of confidence and just being shy. When halo 5 came out I told myself I was going to man up and transition into a much better coach and from the feedback I've gotten I've improved a lot so far. Behind the scenes we all talk every night about what we need to improve on and I give them all my feedback and stressed the small talk we've always lacked but got much better at in the last week (finally xD) when clg plays right they don't stay with a set up held down for long, they'll push when they have numbers and just continuously rotate killing you off spawn pr trapping you and we felt like that's how you play that game type instead of sitting bunker side waiting for them to push the whole game. S when victory had camo he already wanted to push and was doing a successful job at it. I told them to chill for a sec to get more angles and victory got a free kill but we executed it bad after that. We watchef and talked about it and agree it was the right play we just made poor split second decisions after the kill was picked up. As for plaza goes I was stressing the whole time we needed nest control and s4 I just need to do a better job at telling 'x' player to go do it instead of just saying what we need to do in general. I promise I'll get better at it we're ALL improving as a team and truly trying our best to patch up the flaws. I'm sorry for the negativity some of you feel about me and I hope in due time with improvements you'll be happy with me. Also I'm sorry for this unorganized book im on my phone waiting for my 3 hr layover xD

First of all, congratulations on qualifying for Worlds. I know it didn't quite show in the results, but I thought the improvements in the team were noticeable, for sure. Appreciate the thinking on that Rig TS strategy- I don't know if I fully agree with trying to counteract CLG's rotations and slaying power with more rotations (in spite of your squad's own excellent slaying power), but I'm a pleb so who really gives a shit if I agree LOL. You're probably right that with slightly better execution that would work really well... you just have to be sure you can consistently execute THAT well against a team that strong.

I'm a supporter of yours and just think you could continue to be more assertive over those guys. Of course, I don't really know a damn thing because I'm not there for the practices and don't understand the team dynamic that much, so I can only go on what I have observed. 

It seems like if you continue to grow that confidence and aren't afraid to be sort of calmly commanding over them at certain times when they're getting a little unraveled, it might help. More of a qualitative and subjective thing, but it just seems like they could use a force that tells them to chill out, slow down, and make things a bit more calculated and collected sometimes. Good luck over the next few weeks as you get ready for Worlds!

• Upvote (+1) 6

The only place on the entire internet that remotely cares about competitive Halo (like, it actually being competitive) and you tell me to leave, like I'm not exactly where I'm supposed to be. 

See, you say this, but your behavior (or lack thereof) isn't telling the same story. 

First of all, congratulations on qualifying for Worlds. I know it didn't quite show in the results, but I thought the improvements in the team were noticeable, for sure. Appreciate the thinking on that Rig TS strategy- I don't know if I fully agree with trying to counteract CLG's rotations and slaying power with more rotations (in spite of your squad's own excellent slaying power), but I'm a pleb so who really gives a shit if I agree LOL. You're probably right that with slightly better execution that would work really well... you just have to be sure you can consistently execute THAT well against a team that strong.

I'm a supporter of yours and just think you could continue to be more assertive over those guys. Of course, I don't really know a damn thing because I'm not there for the practices and don't understand the team dynamic that much, so I can only go on what I have observed.

It seems like if you continue to grow that confidence and aren't afraid to be sort of calmly commanding over them at certain times when they're getting a little unraveled, it might help. More of a qualitative and subjective thing, but it just seems like they could use a force that tells them to chill out, slow down, and make things a bit more calculated and collected sometimes. Good luck over the next few weeks as you get ready for Worlds!

Thank you so much it really does mean a lot. When I first coached final boss in 2011 it was much harder than I thought lol some teams straight up need a coach that just times things cause the 4 players that are on the team do a great job at micromanaging everyone. I learned that being a good coach means you have to step up and help micromanage a team of 4 good players that just don't have a anyone who fills that role. Once again thank you for your feedback and for the well wishes :)

• Upvote (+1) 8

And the empty feeling knowing nV and 2 of the top players in halo history won't be competing at worlds...

I believe it's clear that 2gre's time as a Halo pro has passed. He should really ride off into the sunset as our undisputed GOAT and one of the, if not THE, main reason why a lot of us love Halo as much as we do today.

Ola? He has actually been playing some good Halo. I think he will perform well still on a decent team (let's not pretend like the current nV squad is good). The new movement mechanics give him a lot of new ways to be annoyingly difficult to kill

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I believe it's clear that 2gre's time as a Halo pro has passed. He should really ride off into the sunset as our undisputed GOAT and one of the, if not THE, main reason why a lot of us love Halo as much as we do today.

Ola? He has actually been playing some good Halo. I think he will perform well still on a decent team (let's not pretend like the current nV squad is good). The new movement mechanics give him a lot of new ways to be annoyingly difficult to kill

I think if Ogre 2 still loves playing, there's no reason he can't rally and be a top pro for Halo 5. This has been talked about before, but it's not like your skills just drop off because you turn 29yo or whatever. It's more likely due to life just getting in the way, the overall grind wearing on you, or maybe just a desire to move on from the game. There will probably be just as much incentive (i.e. large prize pool) for HCS Worlds 2017 as there is for this one, if not even more (increased hype, not qualifying the first time around, etc.) I wouldn't be surprised if he's still around moving forward as long as his passion for the game is still there. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

See, you say this, but your behavior (or lack thereof) isn't telling the same story. 

I don't even understand what you mean by this.

Also lol @ people negging my Huke comment because they think it was mean-spirited.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Disagree with this. Ogre 2 played the best on that team in the EG series. I think in any other pool they make it through. The team was top 8 material, they just weren't ready to beat two top 4 teams in the same pool. Each player on nV is capable of being on a top 4 squad they just need to find the right combination of players. I'll be disappointed if he retires.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here is the breakdown.

^So much win in one pic.

This warms my heart!

Another game changing glitch? Scatter and flag at the same time?

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GZ%20Kitty%20Man/video/15005529

What in the world! I can see this being banned at the tournament.

qdUl97X.gif

I'm in complete agreement, but I think we can all understand why Che would feel like discouraging it "at the pro level" is a good idea. At the end of the day, 343i is a large company that may not want to publicly support players dragging their virtual genitals across each others' metaphorical foreheads (I mean, Halo 5 is even a "T" game this time around)

I don't think anyone even thinks about it as a physicality of putting balls in mouth. Currently teabagging is just a symbolic notion that "you got wrecked." Just a taunt. Allowing some friendly taunting makes it more interesting for the viewers. I am not interested in 343's sterile views on esports.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has it been Naded's time to move on about a thousand times already just because he hasn't placed well?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anybody have a link to the lethul interview where he talks about clutch? I missed it.

Here's a summary of his interview:  :kappa:

Congrats to CLG for winning regionals and beating EG 4-0 when they matched up in the semis. Everyone on that team are just insanely talented, it seems kind of unfair, lol. 

EG looked very shaky the entire weekend. Roy seemed like the only one who really showed up for them. He's always been consistent so it's really up to Snipedown and Lunch to focus up if they want to win Worlds.

I predicted Denial to perform well, I didn't expect them to make it to the finals though. Denial are are arguably the 3rd best team now and If they learned a lot from this tournament which I assume they have, they will place 3rd or better at Worlds imo. Contra, Bubu, Huke are disgusting at Halo 5.

Not so surprised by the nV results. I doubted Mikwen and Arkanum being a good combo on nV since the team formed. It sucks for Ogre 2 to not compete at the biggest Halo event ever, but If I'm a team going into Worlds that is in desperate need of a knowledgeable coach, I'd pick him up. He probably wouldn't be willing to do it for free so the team requesting him should give him a small percentage of the prize money they earn, depending on where they place. 

Team Liquid are still a coin flip for me. They have gotten noticeably better, but they still seem to be lacking something. Apg and Unlegit need to be on their "A" game for Liquid to get out of groups and place respectably.

Renegades have gotten a tad bit better as a team in terms of communication. They still lack the discipline that the top teams like EG, CLG, ALG and now Denial have. Ninja is going to need to play the best Halo of his life in order for Renegades to even make it out of group play. He's been mediocre at live events in terms of individual consistency for way too long. This is going to be his last shot to prove to his supporters and haters that he deserves to be on a top team that can contend for at least 4th imo.

I expect at least one EU team to make it out of group play. It's going to be either Epsilon or Infused depending on what teams they will have to go against in their groups.

Edit: Forgot to talk about ALG. Naded, play better on Sunday!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really don't think RNG will have any issues getting out of Group play, in fact I don't think any NA teams will be upset.

These guys have 3 more weeks to grind and get better against good teams.

People look at series scores and make assumptions. RNG only lost 1 game in a blowout fashion this weekend, and it was their worst gametype and against CLG. Every other loss they had was extremely close and the loss to TL has an * next to it like every other series on mainstage Friday.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I expect at least one EU team to make it out of group play. It's going to be either Dignitas or Epsilon depending on what teams they will have to go against in their groups.

Don't think it will be Dig mate  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So are the groups for pool play confirmed?

No, the draw has yet to be made. But we do know restrictions. EG/Denial/CLG/Allegiance can't be drawn into the same group, both ANZ teams can't be drawn into the same group, and no more than one EMEA team can be either. Essentially, the groups will look like:

NA 1 (seeds 1-4)

NA 2 (seeds 5-8)

EMEA

ANZ or LATAM or ASIA

• Upvote (+1) 2

Roy better not forget his bandanna for the finals. I think that's what really did it.

• Upvote (+1) 8