CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also I think Optic definitely performed and could have beat TP but were playing pretty bad the first day. I hope they stay together because they could so some awesome stuff together.

They didn't look terrible and TP has yet to impress me. Everybody on OpTic seems good enough individually, they're just miles behind in practice. I think this roster or the original one could have been a serious contender if they had put in the work starting at release day. Obviously OpTic is the worst offender but there are a lot of veterans that didn't respect the game and take practice seriously for too long. Being able to get top 8 just for showing up in H2A bred some complacency. It sucks, but there's more than 8 good teams so some were going to get left behind.

There's always EGLX and G4G.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everything has been growing except for the actual game.

To be honest, I don't see why people are so satisfied with 40k+ viewers when the game itself which was released 4 months ago can't even break 40k usually.

Sorry for the negative vibes everyone.

Because events > Online

So are you denying that the Halo 5 sniper is much easier to use than the Halo 3 sniper?

No I'm saying that people pull off sick multi kills no matter how hard or easy the sniper is to use. Every H3 event had its little group of crazy clips and a lot of them where just like the ones we saw this weekend.

Somehow I find it disconcerting that the finals was considerably less than yesterday in terms of viewers. 

The 40k figure was only during OpTic's match vs Allegiance. Before and immediately after that match it went down to 25-30k.

The 40k figure was only during OpTic's match vs Allegiance. Before and immediately after that match it went down to 25-30k.

Y'don't say. 

2 things.

1. I'm drunk.

2. Someone please post youtube link to Contra ninja. I will upvote you so hard.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The most competitive games of the weekend being played right now.

"I have to say, the liquid has affected my thumbs."

-Puckett

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why has Neighbor not gone to an event as a caster yet? Does anybody know? I'm sure he might be very shy but he can provide excellent HIGH quality analyst imo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"I don't need to shoot to beat Puckett."

- Ogre 2

What a savage.

Switching to Towey's Periscope.

Huke looking at H1 like a Fine Bros. "Teens React" video. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Why am I not surprised that the only posts I by @@Cursed Lemon all weekend are cynical? :\

I know how much Halo used to mean to you but I doubt you'll ever be a fan ever again. Give it a rest and move on man.

lmfao

The only place on the entire internet that remotely cares about competitive Halo (like, it actually being competitive) and you tell me to leave, like I'm not exactly where I'm supposed to be. 

Why don't you leave? 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Why am I not surprised that the only posts I by @@Cursed Lemon all weekend are cynical? :\

I know how much Halo used to mean to you but I doubt you'll ever be a fan ever again. Give it a rest and move on man.

Huke looking at H1 like a Fine Bros. "Teens React" video. 

These posts in succession is hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's hard for me to imagine Ogre 2 and even Pistola sticking around through the off season. For starters there's no reason for him to play until after Worlds, and then we don't know exactly what comes after or more importantly when it comes. They're not the type of players to run 8s just for the sake of playing the game. They probably don't enjoy it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's hard for me to imagine Ogre 2 and even Pistola sticking around through the off season. For starters there's no reason for him to play until Worlds, and then we don't know exactly what comes after or more importantly when it comes.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how many players stick around for the "pro league". I imagine we'll see all of the regulars turn up for worlds, but playing throughout the year for comparably minimal prize money on a weekly schedule? I could see the league being dominated by the Denials and Allegiances of the scene.

It's hard for me to imagine Ogre 2 and even Pistola sticking around through the off season. For starters there's no reason for him to play until after Worlds, and then we don't know exactly what comes after or more importantly when it comes. They're not the type of players to run 8s just for the sake of playing the game. They probably don't enjoy it.

Umm....The 2017 Worlds season....

• Downvote (-1) 1

This got me right in the feels fam  :wutface:

jU7PWlq.gif

giphy.gif

Really makes me wish it was double elim brackets. Would EG have won? Probably not with how they were playing. Would they have made it to finals? Definitely imo. I know Denial was on fire but I think EG would have pulled it together and at least made 2nd. Double elim also gives the possibility of Liquid vs RNG rematch

• Upvote (+1) 1