CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well, I've always wanted an excuse to go to California. Not announcing further information until the 4th is ridiculous though - I'm not going to reserve space on a flight until I know if i need to buy an actual ticket to attend the event or not.

It's very stressful to announce all this important info at the last-minute.

What are the chances this denial team gets torn apart by bigger name orgs/teams after the HWC? Like one to nV one to liquid etc. 

if anything, i think they might drop somebody and replace them with somebody like spartan, actually. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm always slightly disappointed when tournaments don't do third place consolidation matches.

Was hyped off that Denial cap, CLG is too methodical to let that affect them though. The next two gametypes will be where Denial can take a game off CLG, slayer/strongholds.

Bubu take my dubu.

New York, Hollywood, or SF top 3. Probably all equally as bad. Expect prices for fans to be anywhere from 3x-6x as high as somewhere else.

These things really aren't about catering to fan needs, unfortunately.  Its more about looking flashy and setting an impression.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think 2 people applauded after the video lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

New York, Hollywood, or SF top 3. Probably all equally as bad. Expect prices for fans to be anywhere from 3x-6x as high as somewhere else.

It might be "bad" on a financial level for fans but you can't possibly have a World Champs in the Midwest. No offense to Columbus (and I understand the Halo hotbed is in the region) but there is no way Halo could ever get the exposure it deserves if the largest event ever for the franchise was NOT in a large metro. 

Arguments could be made for Seattle and Austin, but if people thought it'd be a cheap flight and cost of attendance for a fuckin WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP then they gotta re-evaluate. To be big gotta go big. Probably gonna have a ton of sellout stuff surrounding the event too. 

These things really aren't about catering to fan needs, unfortunately.  Its more about looking flashy and setting an impression.

You have to remember that we have international teams coming in too. LA or NY were the only real options unless you want them to constantly travel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are the chances this denial team gets torn apart by bigger name orgs/teams after the HWC? Like one to nV one to liquid etc. 

Huke was on Denial playing CoD for a long time so i think they have a good relationship. Dont know if they would decide to leave.

As a European I'm not delighted with Hollywood. RIP sleep schedule.

:wutface:

Feel bad for you guys who have to work this week over there lol.

That's how I feel about Wimbledon. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well this sucks. AE would have been a more interesting finals. Nerves are getting to Denial

Damn, didn't think of that... gonna be a rough couple of nights.

How about actually quantifying this supposed impact? What I have below isn't perfect, but I don't know if we have the weapon-specific scrim data available.

You keep telling me it's ruining the game, but it's not what I'm observing at all. Could the storm rifle use a nerf, possibly in the form of less availability?  Sure. BUT I go look at some of these pro's pages on halo5arena.com and I generally see the following on the high end:

SMG: 0.5-1.0 kills/game; 5-6% kill %; 4-6% possession %; 75-150 damage/game

Storm Rifle: 0.25-0.5 kills/game; 2-4% kill %; 2-4% possession %; 50-125 damage/game

If these Team Arena numbers flow into the competitive play, the amount you guys are posting to complain about weapons used for probably 10% of kills maximum is pretty fucking ridiculous.

Well lets think about this for a second.

On one hand, we have an automatic weapon that has half of the kill time of the pistol coupled with radar.

On the other hand, we have the pistol, which is the spawn weapon as well as the most commonly used weapon in the game.

By your logic, the storm rifle would be one of the weakest weapons in the game while the pistol would be the most powerful. Despite the fact that the storm rifle is essentially a power weapon in how easily it kills people at close-medium range.

The storm rifle isn't even on some maps. So why you'd try to bring up possession time is beyond me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

+1, to bad :-(

+9 fucking hours, couldnt be worse.

• Upvote (+1) 3