CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The most annoying thing about Goldenboy is how he doesn't realize this. He's a good caster/interviewer. A few people make snide comments about him and he gets supremely butthurt. Has he really not realized by this point in his life that you can't please everyone?

I think he gets shit on more than any other caster, even Benson.

Again, who are you trying to impress with "professionalism"? What is your point?

They are playing a fantasy kids game wherein they pick up a gun that shoots little green balls. Another gun shoots pink needles. C'mon man; this is NICHE. Stop trying to turn Pro Gaming into something that it not only isn't, but will never be. This isn't marketed towards some 40-year old Peyton Manning fan; you have to understand your target audience and what this is all about. Gamertags have been a STAPLE of online gaming since its inception. "eSports" is just an extension of online gaming.

How silly do you think this sounds:

"There goes Smith as he picks up the Plasma Caster! Wow look at Smith putting down shots! Blevins comes around on the flank, but Bradley Laws is there to stop him before he can advance!"

Its video games bro. Video games.

I'm a near 30 year old Peyton Manning fan. Stop assuming every potential halo esports fan thinks exactly like you.

Gamertag look silly on a stage this big IMO. Especially at xgames.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

it's kinda excessive to have 3 listen-ins with allegiance in a series, especially when there's only been one denial listen-in...

It isn't even like Naded is tilting. Denial is just on fire. There is always that one that no one expects to do much, but catches fire and gets to the very end. We have seen it countless times. Dynasty did it in 09 when they beat Str8 Rippin and that team was young as hell too.  I honestly don't see this as something new, in my honest opinion. 

2 months into a 5 month game isnt a lot

People keep saying this about Huke lol ... Halo 5 has been out for less than four months (Oct 27, 2015).  Two months is more than enough time, plus he played a shit-ton of H3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you trying to legitimize eSports or just get your significant other to not make fun of it? Because I really don't see what basis you have for your argument. There is nothing to suggest eSports is struggling to gain popularity because of gamertags. All arrows are pointing up as is.

How would using real names cause those arrows to go down?

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Denial making it this far, really makes nV squad seem like they got the short end of the stick in the brackets playing both EG and Denial (esp. if both teams end in the finals).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I always thought that gamertag is like people's stage name (Jay-Z, IceCube..Pink?..), Like artists, pro gamers are also entertainers. 

Even if @@TRAAAP doesn't think like "EVERY" potential halo fan, it might be the majority. 

Imo, they also get a lot more curiosity/interest to hear someone say "bubu dubu".. U remember that name instead of a generic english tyler name.

I hear peyton manning, i think oh, he's an athlete, okay. I hear bubu dubu, i think "what the fuck kind of a name is bubu dubu" I get curious, I look him up. I don't know who else thinks like this, but that's what I would do

using Gamertags/Usernames have been working in the e-sport industry (which is a niche) for so long, I think we'll continue using our GT/usernames for years to come.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why are people arguing over something that is never going to happen. In game usernames stay.

OT - crazy series, much more impressive than I was expecting. Though Denial might have cooled from yesterday but nah.

• Upvote (+1) 1