CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Amazing Halo this weekend.. I like the underdog team so I'm hopping on the denial bandwagon. Still want to see Naded pick up a tournament win but I love seeing a team like denial shake things up.

Someone made this banner back in like 07 but it's just as fitting today.

walshyheartssig4pj.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would it make it more "professional"?

This is video games at the end of the day on the base level. Guess what? Every kid who hops online has a gamertag. This isn't being marketed towards your middle-age 40-something year old white male. It isn't "sports" no matter how much you may want it to be.

Using real names is obviously more professional looking than fake, made up gamer tags. How is that even a question?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Did anybody notice Walshy remarking over somebody using a needler asking if anybody has ever used a needler in a pro match? I like inside jokes.

Did Walshy use to use them? Halo epsort noobie here. Was great seeing one used in a match.

How come Allegiance didn't cap the flag when they were controlling Denial's base?

Awesome! Walshy dropping the big sauce reference.. every AR kill should be referred to as getting sauced.

bigsauce.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Using real names is obviously more professional looking than fake, made up gamer tags. How is that even a question?

Again, who are you trying to impress with "professionalism"? What is your point?

They are playing a fantasy kids game wherein they pick up a gun that shoots little green balls.  Another gun shoots pink needles.  C'mon man; this is NICHE.  Stop trying to turn Pro Gaming into something that it not only isn't, but will never be.  This isn't marketed towards some 40-year old Peyton Manning fan; you have to understand your target audience and what this is all about.  Gamertags have been a STAPLE of online gaming since its inception.  "eSports" is just an extension of online gaming.

How silly do you think this sounds:

"There goes Smith as he picks up the Plasma Caster! Wow look at Smith putting down shots! Blevins comes around on the flank, but Bradley Laws is there to stop him before he can advance!"

Its video games bro.  Video games.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i told you guys about contra and you didn't listen

Don't think anyone has doubted contra was good, but he's also acted really arrogant for someone that's never done much. Denial is really impressive though.

Are you trying to legitimize eSports or just get your significant other to not make fun of it? Because I really don't see what basis you have for your argument. There is nothing to suggest eSports is struggling to gain popularity because of gamertags. All arrows are pointing up as is. 

• Upvote (+1) 1