CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I tend to consider Goldenboy the Ninja of casters.

The overall thing about both of them is that they are fan favorites who are really fun to watch and/or listen to, are really good at certain aspects of what they do, and the only people that have anything negative to say about them that isn't inherently constructive are trolls.

However, they both have a few weaknesses. It's not as if those problems are big deals that can't be easily fixed. The problem becomes the seeming unwillingness to listen to constructive criticism. They see one person trying to provide help and treat it as an attack.

What @@Swaino posted a few pages back wasn't malicious. Most of the time the criticism isn't. One of the ongoing discussions about Goldenboy, Benson, and Bravo has been that, as a general rule, you shouldn't put two play-by-play casters together. I feel the same opinion would be had if Puckett was paired with any of the play-by-play guys. It just doesn't really work.

When this is brought up, it seems that instead of hearing the criticism and either explaining why it isn't valid or trying to improve based on the suggestions, Goldenboy gets defensive very quickly and just posts things like "Serious?"

Personally, after a knowledgeable Puckett (which he obviously isn't completely there right now), Goldenboy is my second-favorite Halo play-by-play caster of all time (even ahead of :simms: ) I've thoroughly enjoyed listening to him this event.

The important thing to remember for Goldenboy is that the overwhelming majority of us Halo fans LOVE your passion, energy, and casting/interviewing abilities. We also appreciate everything you've done for Halo, especially when it went through some troubled periods. It's easy to distinguish between the real, constructive criticism and the trolling. Just try not to brush off legitimate suggestions.

TLDR
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

one of my big failings but its so hard when you know people personally and some are even friends outside of Halo, i'll do my best to correct myself afterwards once I do it but its so easy to do unfortunately  :(

Well of course, I mean calling them by their real names from time to time during casting is cool because it can help create a more personal sense for the fans, but them having the handles is great just for the gamer identification.  I'm not saying just strictly call them by the tags 100% of the time.  Something like "Victory X making some big plays, something we should definitely expect out of Cam going into worlds."  etc.  And you guys already do that.  so its all GGs.

Allegiance vs. Denial - won't lie rooting for my boy Naded. He needs this win for his sanity.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am i the only one that thinks Hukes clip is overrated? Great play and all, but Halo 5 sniper, cmon. 

Everyone keeps saying "Halo 5 sniper tho" but not sharing their clips of them or anyone else doing the same stuff.  FeelsWeirdMan.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Am i the only one that thinks Hukes clip is overrated? Great play and all, but Halo 5 sniper, cmon. 

The very first snipe was the impressive shot. The no scope is probably the easiest part of those 3 kills. Had the guy done anything but strafe, like jump or anything, it would've been the impressive part.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which Naded will show up today: Saturday Naded or Sunday Naded? Find out Soon on the Next Episode of #VeteranWatch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not everybody can be as amazing as you. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How torn are people on this forum right now between not liking Cratos and not liking the Denial org owner 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How torn are people on this forum right now between not liking Cratos and not liking the Denial org owner

I think it's more of not liking Cratos but wanting Naded to win

AE 11-1 denial last scrim btw

9mwrYlf.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Less viewers on final sunday than we had on friday? Que?

Everyone on that Ace sleeping schedule :kappa: