CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And that, ladies and gentleman, is why EG is EG. They are that damn good. 

I would argue cool gamertags are wayyyyy more beneficial to the scene than regular names.  It's important to include their real names next to their gamertags on intros, but I think they do that anyway. I just don't see how there's much, if any, incremental benefit to going strictly to real names. Gamertags are an integral part of the "sport" and should be the focus.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't even know what just happened. 

PURE DESTRUCTION

How does my EG sign look guys?

Very nice!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have no hate for @@GoldenboyFTW, just that interview made me cringe ha. This weekend him and the rest of the casters have been amazing.

Like seriously the amount of casters there are this weekend opens up SO much variety, can't say say i've been let down by ANY of the duo's.

Hopefully worlds will have all the casters from this weekend with the addition of some UK casters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like the super roster mania hurt the overall strength of the top 16 in the end because of how long it was allowed to go on. The top 3ish is so strong compared to nearly every other team because every other team is, for the most part, a bunch of last second teams that just suck by comparison. 

I would argue cool gamertags are wayyyyy more beneficial to the scene than regular names. It's important to include their real names next to their gamertags on intros, but I think they do that anyway. I just don't see how there's much, if any, incremental benefit to going strictly to real names. Gamertags are an integral part of the "sport" and should be the focus.

Agree to disagree

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone who plays Halo has a gamer tag. It's the primary way of identifying a player in game. Not much more needs to be said. It would be really fucking strange hearing a caster call a game and using their full names...

I hope you see this @@GoldenboyFTW but please carry on being you. My friend who just tuned in this weekend since I've been talking about it really liked your commentating. Ghost, Walsh and Side bring the professional analysis, You, Simms, Benson and Puckett bring great casting, personalities, stories and relationships with the pro players. Good mixture we have. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

BOTH of these teams, EG and TP, showing the discipline we didn't see from Renegades in Rig TS, from holding the setup to breaking down a setup together.

@@GoldenboyFTW I think you've done great all weekend, I just had an issue with ya'll not giving Noble any respect when talking about how they took a game from CLG in pool play. That was my only quibble.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The @@GoldenboyFTW hate on these forums is awful. I see the stupidest criticisms of him get massively plus repped. The man can do no right in the eyes of some people here.

He goes out of his way to periscope things around the event for everyone, he makes great content for the community with his In The Booth streams and he actually genuinely loves the Halo scene. We need more people like GB in this community and less people that criticize every little thing. I said this literally yesterday but he is 100% the most under-appreciated caster.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I'm a casual fan and I'm watching Snipedown wreck shit with the sniper, I'm gonna be like "hey, cool, he lives up to his namesake, no wonder he calls himself that." A casual fan who isn't familiar with esports isn't suddenly going to be turned on to it because we're calling him Eric Wrona now. There are a lot of other biases people have against esports that need to be overcome that are much more consequential than what pseudonyms players use.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Roy and Lunchbox going off today

Gamertags are a huge staple in esports. I know some teams in LoL that live in the same house and call each other by their tags. It's just what we do as gamers.

• Upvote (+1) 3