CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No.

5-8th Place at Regionals get their own pool at Worlds.

1, 2, and 3/4 are in their own pools.

Regionals is separate seeding, Points are gone now

That doesn't make sense... there's 16 teams at worlds. One of each from 1-4 and 5-8 is gonna be in the same pool. It's obvious that 5-8 are in /different/ pools, but it's not obvious which teams from 5-8 will be in which pool. There must be some criterion besides 5-8th that is deciding which of those teams gets in what pool. 

"thats how you send em home HUKE" 

Like quality commentating makes such a difference

What an upset I did not expect to see that

That doesn't make sense... there's 16 teams at worlds. One of each from 1-4 and 5-8 is gonna be in the same pool. It's obvious that 5-8 are in /different/ pools, but it's not obvious which teams from 5-8 will be in which pool. There must be some criterion besides 5-8th that is deciding which of those teams gets in what pool. 

World's Pool Play

○ Pool A

■ #1 team from North America

■ #1 team from EMEA

■ #1 team from ANZ

■ #1 team from LATAM

○ Pool B

■ #1 team from Asia

■ #2 team from North America

■ #2 team from EMEA

■ #2 team from ANZ

○ Pool C

■ #3/4 teams from North America (2 total teams)

■ #3/4 teams from EMEA (2 total teams)

○ Pool D

■ #5th -8th teams from North America (4 total teams)

source: https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/hcs/handbook/hwc-rules-20160107-5980d615b574497faf9c33ba45ed1b4e.pdf#page=6&zoom=auto,-193,101

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I loved that commentating on that Huke play. Ghost saying "no.. don't do it" right before the shot and then both Puckett and Ghost simultaneously EXPLODING.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Do you have any comprehension of how international tournaments work?

Yes, and the answer is poorly. I guess for me personally, I think a world championship tournament should consist of the worlds best teams. I mean the first day or two of worlds is just not going to be interesting at all, there will be maybe 1 good match in each pool and it's between the two NA teams. There is literally 1 team outside of NA that can possibly compete and thats Epsilon. Every other team will get absolutely shat on by any of the NA teams. It's just going to end up being a replay of the championship bracket from this weekend just with worse games in group play.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Whats with the Reiku hate lmao

You're too young in these forums to know who Reiku is... Awesome!

@@Moa can give you an essay about him and why a lot of people dislike him/bring him up/makes fun of him - In private messages.

The regionals are still going and pretty sure the hype is still going with this thread!

Walshy should be able to form a new squad and compete at Worlds! Imagine the story!

yeah dude he should pick up the best player on nV, Ogre2 and they'd get top 3 imo

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sucks for nV. Looks like they are going to have had 2 of the top 4 (placing) teams in their group. Rough draw.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I said last event they needed to just throw up a graphic and play dubstep instead of using these videos. It seems they chose to double down on the irrelevant BS. I always wanted to watch a bunch of streamers fake laugh while they play a weird custom game between matches or to see the insane McDonalds remake.

Watching my Twitter feed explode when Huke hit that shot was very cool. Halo pros, CoD pros, and even people I didn't know cared about Comp Halo.

And blue team spawns at the better base, same route to rockets, and a free sniper.

Could argue better route since no sneaky on red.

"Haw, haw haw...you just got pounded by a girl". Great tournament regardless but for real.

hehehe

Everyone knows the 4th in clg is on the team until 29, keep waiting dweebs

lol

Contra has been playing better than Huke IMO. I think he could end up on a good team.

Edit: denial is already a good team. I'm sure they will get offers though.

We're living in a world were Reiku can roast Coach.

:refreshes Reiku's Twitter waiting for a tweet about his tweets being posted on the forums as he lurks the forums because he's banned:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Give me an absolute fucking break.

Watching Eden slayer stop for a full fucking minute for the 40th time in a tournament clearly isn't the time to post about how bad the sniper is on that map. But it's the perfect time for the same barely relevant gifs for a single rep point.

OK, then let me respond to your complaint:

I thought that game was really fun to watch and don't think a sniper on Eden is a problem at all. Forget about the times Liquid picked up sniper during that game and got fucking run through by Denial, the game didn't stop then but that wouldn't be relevant to your incessant whining.

Also, I'll stop posting gifs if people want, but everyone seems to enjoy them except for you and about ten other dirty diaper babies.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1