CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"He's dead if you kill him" - EG's communication is why they're champions

"Come P with me" was also a great callout.

• Upvote (+1) 2

nv lost for a half a dozen other reasons but I do eye roll every time at those kills. so stupid.

I'm not saying nV didn't deserve to lose or they played flawless. All I'm saying is that when a CoD pro 3-1's a national champ that says something about how easy the game is to pick up.

Formal and Enable picked up CoD because they switched when those games had a shorter skill gap. Had they tried to compete in MW2 or BO1 they wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

So i doubt optic are going beat allegiance 3-0 but if they beat them 3-1,3-2. what happens?

Optic has to beat them to force a three way tie. If they lose they are donezo.

Optic have to 3-0 Allegiance to go through on a tie breaker, that would give them 6 wins total.

Allegiance already have 6 wins so just need to take 1 game from Optic to qualify and top the group even if they lose the series.

Triggers Pound's 3-0 gives them 7 wins total so they are guaranteed qualification.

Maybe if they didn't get 3-0d on day one Optic would have a chance but surely it's not going to happen.

optic lost 3-1 to TP

Rip CLG EG finals :(. Denial is really good though, hopefully they don't get fucked over by their org.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea, EG throwing this match.......c'mon now. You're talking about 3 of the most competitive players in Halo. Why would any champion want to duck any other team while trying to win a major tournament? 

Wait wouldn't they be ducking them by winning? They would have had to lose that match to face CLG in the first bracket round.

Optic have to 3-0 Allegiance to go through on a tie breaker, that would give them 6 wins total.

Allegiance already have 6 wins so just need to take 1 game from Optic to qualify and top the group even if they lose the series.

Triggers Pound's 3-0 gives them 7 wins total so they are guaranteed qualification.

Maybe if they didn't get 3-0d on day one Optic would have a chance but surely it's not going to happen.

Pretty sure they took a game off of Triggers Pound day 1. 

nV got knocked out??

Unofortunately

As much as I wanna be optimistic for Optic, them losing to triggers pound friday sealed their fate. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I'm saying is that when a CoD pro 3-1's a national champ that says something about how easy the game is to pick up.

He's not a CoD pro, he's a Halo pro.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Denial's performance today makes me believe they're a solid top 6 team. Not EG/CLG/Allegiance level yet, but definitely competing with Renegades and Liquid with that T4 spot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

TP beat OpTic 3-1 on day one though (not 3-0), doesn't that mean they can drop 1 map to Alliance and still go through? Or am I wrong?

Wait wouldn't they be ducking them by winning? They would have had to lose that match to face CLG in the first bracket round.

From what I read,winner of this match has to play CLG in Quarter Finals. 

They're winning but I don't think they'll playing well enough tbh idk.

idk you're saying EG is not playing well when it looks like Denial is just playing really fucking good.

nV got knocked out??

aye.  was a tough loss.

optic lost 3-1 to TP

Pretty sure they took a game off of Triggers Pound day 1. 

My bad.

Optic 3-0 Allegiance and Allegiance going home.

Optic 3-1 Allegiance would give every team 7 wins each, then idk what would happen?

Optic 3-2 Allegiance, Allegiance go through with 8 wins with TP because of tie breaker.

• Upvote (+1) 2

From what I read,winner of this match has to play CLG in Quarter Finals. 

Why would a winner of a group play a winner of another group?? winners should player 2nd place of another group either pre chosen or by a draw.

I'm not saying nV didn't deserve to lose or they played flawless. All I'm saying is that when a CoD pro 3-1's a national champ that says something about how easy the game is to pick up.

Formal and Enable picked up CoD because they switched when those games had a shorter skill gap. Had they tried to compete in MW2 or BO1 they wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

If the game is so easy to pick up... Shouldn't that make the national champs better? That is, if they still can play at the same level they did years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Strongside a great caster, glad to see him there.

Side is legitimately the best caster I've ever worked with (don't tell Onset) and I've only ever done one series with him. People don't realize how much he actually projects his voice, it makes it incredibly easy to get hyped over big plays when working alongside him.

• Upvote (+1) 5