CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You're an idiot of you think this game has that big of a skill gap.

All I've seen all weekend is fucking autos and splinter nades saving people lives.

And I don't say this to defend 2gre. In that game against EG if 2gre and Roy were going pistol vs pistol instead of pistol vs AR then Roy would've dicked on 2gre because Roy has one of the best shots in the game and that's what it should come down to in 1v1 situations. Not who has the better auto weapon.

So you are saying there is no skill involved in knowing how to effectively use each weapon on the map? If that takes no skill then what does that say about NV because they were terrible at it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

And Renegades qualify, as for VeteranWatch, Victory X is at Worlds.

Are there any H2 pros left?

Edit: Naded doh!

Great series Renegades, officially qualified! 

Also Ghost and Goldenboy cast well together. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see many have fallen victim to premature memejaculation, now left with empty folders or falling prone to meme-repeats. The veteran memites will have come prepared with folders for various reactions, ready to strike at a moments notice. A long perilous Sunday awaits us gentlemen. Time will tell who was the true victor, but for now...no one is safe. 

NJvlHEa.gif

Empty folder? Son, I've been preparing for this all year

JQrHWyN.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are there any H2 pros left?

Roy/Box/Victory/Naded

I'm also pretty sure Ace, Hysteria and Snip3down were pretty good at H2 but not top 8

Look, I understand why they're being posted, but real talk ... 75% of these memes are lazy and/or fucking garbage, please stop clogging up the thread

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Look, I understand why they're being posted, but real talk ... 75% of these memes are lazy and/or fucking garbage, please stop clogging up the thread

900x900px-LL-b31690bd_Nofunallowedrobot.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys can neg rep all you want, but if you think that it wasn't harder to do what the OG players did when the scene first started than it is now, you're all kidding yourselves.

The early 2000s were much different than now in terms of getting into the scene. This was before eSports were even a "cool" or "popular" thing to even do. Culture has changed, and we have Halo at the X-games, we have Halo with millions of dollars at stake, we have dedicated servers, we have more orgs, etc.

Sorry, but the people who carved the path are different than the ones who follow it. Like I said, these newer players can have 'stories' and I'm sure in a few years when they win as many tournaments as the goat, we'll agree. But to say that now is an insult. 

Honestly man I'm not sure anyone knows what the fuck you're talking about, we're just trying to enjoy this really fun game on this really fun Regionals weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You guys can neg rep all you want, but if you think that it wasn't harder to do what the OG players did when the scene first started than it is now, you're all kidding yourselves.

The early 2000s were much different than now in terms of getting into the scene. This was before eSports were even a "cool" or "popular" thing to even do. Culture has changed, and we have Halo at the X-games, we have Halo with millions of dollars at stake, we have dedicated servers, we have more orgs, etc.

Sorry, but the people who carved the path are different than the ones who follow it. Like I said, these newer players can have 'stories' and I'm sure in a few years when they win as many tournaments as the goat, we'll agree. But to say that now is an insult. 

there's a difference between skill and respect. 2gre has earned everyone's respect because of his history and no one is saying these new players deserve that same respect. and also, a lot of these "young players" have been playing for years and have worked just as hard as a lot of other "veterans". downplaying new players' success because they haven't won as many tournaments is pretty pathetic

So you are saying there is no skill involved in knowing how to effectively use each weapon on the map? If that takes no skill then what does that say about NV because they were terrible at it.

It's not a technical skill, it's just being smart. It's like having to crouch so much more because of radar, it doesn't take skill, it's more of a discipline thing

Puckett read forums last night....what forums!?!?

It's a compliment to be honest because we are now known as that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Elitism tho

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure in a few years when they win as many tournaments as the goat, we'll agree. But to say that now is an insult.

Don't kid yourself, nobody is going to win as many tournaments as the goat
  • Upvote (+1) 2