CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Idk if this has been brought up.. But why do teams have to wear those horrid looking headsets with the Apple headphones underneath whenever they play in the MLG studios? I noticed it in CoD and now it's happening with halo too. Does MLG have an official headset or something?

They are the same noise cancelling head sets LCS uses so players can't hear commentary. They pump white noise in over ear and then game sounds + comms come in via the ear buds

• Upvote (+1) 6

Idk if this has been brought up.. But why do teams have to wear those horrid looking headsets with the Apple headphones underneath whenever they play in the MLG studios? I noticed it in CoD and now it's happening with halo too. Does MLG have an official headset or something?

They require the players to wear noise cancelling headphones that are playing white noise so that the players can't hear anything. The earbuds are to wear underneath the headphones for game sound.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hope the casters warm up a little bit...

I know that these games are stompish but I really feel like they could explain a lot more in the game. Setups, weapon timers coming up, speed of game, etc.

Sorry if this is a bit overly critical, obviously only game 2 in the books.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The LATAM/EU/Asia/ANZ teams qualified for the World Finals. The top 8 from the NA Regionals also qualify for the World Finals :)

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where are the listen-ins?!

For those that want to say Halo 5 doesn't hae a skill-gap, here you go.

Yeah, only a fool would make such a statement. Halo 5 plays damn well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not feeling Benson man. Maybe it's just because he's paired with Goldenboy? Idk. Both seem to only do play-by-play casting.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We'll see how the weekend plays out, but so far I actually prefer the soundproof booths to the headphones. The headphones look awkward to me and I'd rather see the players get to promote their sponsors by getting to wear their headphones.

Why cant we see Elevates best player Str8 sicks POV?

Obviously its broken at the moment, Everytime they try to switch to it its black screen.

I'm not feeling Benson man. Maybe it's just because he's paired with Goldenboy? Idk. Both seem to only do play-by-play casting.

Benson has been one of the better casters since H5 came out. I think this is just a bad pairing or they're nervous because it's the first match.

Are listen-ins not happening for regionals?

Hope the casters warm up a little bit...

I know that these games are stompish but I really feel like they could explain a lot more in the game. Setups, weapon timers coming up, speed of game, etc.

Sorry if this is a bit overly critical, obviously only game 2 in the books.

Most of the commentary from Goldenboy and Benson is pretty surface level. It'd be nice to have them look at the bigger picture more often, or address what allowed the player on screen to do what they did.

Edit: Just as I comment that Goldenboy starts talking about spawns and setups so... cancel that!  :wutface:

Most of the commentary from Goldenboy and Benson is pretty surface level. It'd be nice to have them look at the bigger picture more often, or address what allowed the player on screen to do what they did.

This is why they shouldn't pair two play-by-play guys.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They require the players to wear noise cancelling headphones that are playing white noise so that the players can't hear anything. The earbuds are to wear underneath the headphones for game sound.

Why don't they just use the soundproof booths instead? That seems like it'd be really uncomfortable.

ne95a.jpg

u w0t m8

Looks like a lot of people wanna take an elevator with Shia Labeouf #ELEVATE

I bet you 343 didn't even check the hashtags

This thread nearly has 4 million views, we will smash that over the weekend if not today..  :puckett:

• Upvote (+1) 3