CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Saying Optic is better than Overdrive or Soar is an easy conclusion to make because Optic beats them easily when they play.

We only played against Optic in one series ever and it ended with them leaving because someone on our team shot someone else's body or something.

During that series comprising of a grand total of 4 games, We lost 3-2 on Fathom because of bad decision making between attempting to get kills vs moving the flag (which should be an obvious decision when the flag is essentially 5 steps away from being capped), and lost Eden SH while outslaying them. Our only definite loss was Truth CTF.

While none of this matters because at the end of the day, it's all about winning or not, I have no idea what allows you to draw the "easy conclusion" that Optic is better than us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming to be better than them either, but the point is that there's just no meaningful data out there.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pool A (Allegiance, Dream Team, Triggers Pound, Optic) is sort of BS imho.

Allegiance is the only top 8 team in there. One 9-16 team will make worlds because of online seeding / bracket fuckage. 

Meanwhile, Denial, a team that has beaten dT, Triggers Pound, & Optic in scrims will have to beat TWO top 8 teams to make worlds. 

Sorry, had to get that out of my system  :uncledrew:

Yup, all goes back to the ridiculous formatting of the online qualifiers. Bo3/single elim never allowed the seedings to be a true reflection of a teams relative strength.

We only played against Optic in one series ever and it ended with them leaving because someone on our team shot someone else's body or something.

During that series comprising of a grand total of 4 games, We lost 3-2 on Fathom because of bad decision making between attempting to get kills vs moving the flag (which should be an obvious decision when the flag is essentially 5 steps away from being capped), and lost Eden SH while outslaying them. Our only definite loss was Truth CTF.

While none of this matters because at the end of the day, it's all about winning or not, I have no idea what allows you to draw the "easy conclusion" that Optic is better than us. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming to be better than them either, but the point is that there's just no meaningful data out there.

So you didn't take a game ?. And you say there is no way to know what team is better. The only data we have say that Optic>Overdrive.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

So you didn't take a game ?. And you say there is no way to know what team is better. The only data we have say that Optic>Overdrive.

We took TS on Coliseum

• Upvote (+1) 5

Pro Player Spotlight #2 featuring Commonly of Evil Genius' will be posted tonight!

Pro Player Spotlight #3 will feature Lethul and will be after Regionals.

Pro Player Spotlight #4 will hopefully feature some newer talent. I've been thinking about reaching out to some of the English players?

Is that something one of you guys could set up? Maybe make the introduction?

@@TheSimms @@Wonderboy

100%, ill drop you a DM on twitter

• Upvote (+1) 1

100%, ill drop you a DM on twitter

You're a scholar and a gentleman! Tweeted @ you so you had my handle as well.

Much appreciated Simms!

I dont really like the group play to single elimination bracket as much as double elimination. The single elimination makes previous results worth too much and doesnt show the true placement of where teams should rank imo

...for example in this upcoming tournament aka regionals... if everything goes according to the majority opinion...allegiance, clg, eg, and rng will win there groups and be ranked in that order(because of there previous rankings)...meaning clg and eg will meet in the semi finals instead of the finals, which means one of them will get 3rd instead of 2nd even though every1 thinks eg and clg are far ahead of the rest of the competition. (right?)

the difference of payout at worlds for 2nd and 3rd is going to be 200,000$. (if total prize is 2 mill)

Double elimination would give the teams outside of first more of a rightful payout. 

I wouldnt mind group play than a double elimination tournament...although that might be too much halo to complete in a weekend.'

this is just my opinion. im happy either way, just wouldnt like seeing a team get robbed out of that much money if they get a bad bracket and have to go through clg early.

although i guess u could also say....alg deserves that 1 spot advantage since they grinded the ladder and kept that 1 spot throughout qualifiers...sorta like an nfl team getting homefield advantage throughout playoffs.

sorry was only going to write a paragraph and thoughts keep popping into my head

Yeah EG or CLG shouldn't be forced to get 3rd because one of them will 100% be out before finals and have no chance of coming back because of single elim

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah EG or CLG shouldn't be forced to get 3rd because one of them will 100% be out before finals and have no chance of coming back because of single elim

As has been pointed out already. The seeds from Pool to Bracket are randomized. So CLG/EG very well might not see each other til Finals.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I love Puckett as a caster.  

I hope he has been studying the players and gathering knowledge on the game.

It's interesting to me that he isn't a member on this website...

I love Puckett as a caster.  

I hope he has been studying the players and gathering knowledge on the game.

It's interesting to me that he isn't a member on this website...

Probably. If my understanding is correct, he does the player interviews for CoD.

I'm sure he knows what he's doing. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, He hasn't had his hand in Halo for years. Hopefully he can keep up with the new scene and faces.

As has been pointed out already. The seeds from Pool to Bracket are randomized. So CLG/EG very well might not see each other til Finals.

There is a 50% chance one of them will have no chance at finals barring they get upset by another team in pool play or bracket play  :kappa:

It's going to take some god level wizardry to change the bracket. I'm NOT trying to bring it up but I'd much rather the radar discussion ended for a while just so we have a double elim. Honestly, 343, if you want a fan base and viewership, you need to do this more than anything. I actually really like Allegiance and RNG but my mouth waters at a potential final of EG and CLG. This story is what matters the most. You saw what Flame did, pulling in 28-30K on Twitch and X-Games numbers were the best I've seen in a long ass time. Story and teams matter. 

I also heard that when they get past group stages, the seeds are going to be mixed up like I think the UK or EU qualifier. If that is true, what is the actual point. Someone at 343 needs to get fired ASAP because random seeding and single elim is literal toxic. I swear, these fools at 343 watch League, CoD and Counter-Strike and just copy everything from them. I mean come on, even CoD changed their eSports to CWL. Warzone? League. Packs? CS:GO. HCS? LCS. Online Tournaments? CoD. 

Literal joke, man. I hate to be so negative but these fools couldn't even run a high school prom, never mind the biggest Halo tournament ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3 days of work done.

2 days away.

1 hype video coming out tomorrow.

:flames:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Pro Player Spotlight #2 featuring Commonly of Evil Genius' will be posted tonight!

Pro Player Spotlight #3 will feature Lethul and will be after Regionals.

Pro Player Spotlight #4 will hopefully feature some newer talent. I've been thinking about reaching out to some of the English players?

Is that something one of you guys could set up? Maybe make the introduction?

@@TheSimms @@Wonderboy

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaave you met @@Jimbo?

• Upvote (+1) 9

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaave you met @@Jimbo?

Unfortunately I have not. I'm going to loop you and @@TheSimms in a DM so we can discuss. You guys know the Euro scene much more then I!

EDIT: Never mind, @@Wonderboy you have DM's closed. Can you start the DM chain with me and @@TheSimms, or would you mind opening them for a moment?