CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OvD 2-0 up on SoaR

Sucks OvD couldn't practice at all until a few days ago. If they keep up this hardcore grind I can see them beating eL and Noble in their pool.

Soar got destroyed yesterday by Optic

I get your point. And I obviously wouldnt mind a bigger prize pool, looking at the bigger picture and the growth of Halo I think it makes more sense to spread the money out.

I can understand if people are upset that the money they spent with the notion of it going towards this season, isnt going towards this season. 

It's not even about stating an opinion. 343i concretely said that all REQ purchases are going towards the current prize pool. They can't just arbitrarily decide to change that that. I'm fine with funding future seasons, but that needs to be communicated, not assumed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would actually be really happy if the prize pool stayed at 2 million. Take the extra money and use it for future investments in the scene. Keep money for the pro league, good payouts next season, etc. 

Longevity > Blowing all their load at once. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Lay it out Simms.

Epsilon or Infused?

Right now I truly think Infused will go further simply because of the groups they will potentially draw.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i understand where you are coming from

but if anything overdrive was doing them the favor, optic is the 16th seed with a questionable coach

I would say it was mutual. We both wanted to scrim and practice. I'd say we need the practice a little more at this point. Honestly, I don't know the EXACT reason they quit scrimming. All I know is we pissed off Gary. Chance mentioned he shot a body and that's the only thing he could think of but he didn't do it with the intent of being a dick; just a bad FFA habit. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right now I truly think Infused will go further simply because of the groups they will potentially draw.

Agreed. I also feel like their playstyle works well against American teams, I feel they are the most aggresive team outside of top NA teams.

I think Epsilon will be incredibly strong too however, now that they have actually had some time to rest from all the travelling and can prepare appropriately for the tournament.

Hahah, a smart opponent would do that. Back in the day, trash talk was the way to get into the opponents head. Now 343 banned it so teabagging and shooting corpse is the next best thing. Professional players should not crack under a little taunting, but many do.

Imagine it's a 2-2 match up and after a big kill in slayer, the guy gets teabagged. Seems like it would be dumb to not try and exploit the weakness of the brain lol.

So many people find post-death shenanigans to be so offensive, but I just learned to laugh at it. Zero reason to get mad.

I suggest you just laugh next time a teabag happens! :simms:

Oh man

When someone used to bag me in scrims you'd hear an "ORLY!?!?!?!?"  And then I would make it a point to not let them think I'm just going to roll over(No Tilt.)

....if someone bagged me at an event I would make them pay severely with a most embarrassing series of 4 shots followed by "OMG WHY DID YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY COMING HERE?!?!??!"  Every time they died.

IDK.  Maybe it was something else.

Have some games with Puckett Walsh etc and record some videos that we can watch during intermissions instead of 360 ground pound montages

hopefully they will let current pros play too, as well as OG players (walsh, strongside), either way OGRE2 will destroy all in CE

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, I think everyone will be pretty disappointed if the Season 2 HCS Worlds prize pool is any less than that.

im sure ill get -rep for saying this, but i dont think we have any right to get disappointed if the money is less than that.  we have never seen a halo tourney that has a payout even close to 2million, now we will be disappointed if we dont have multiple tournaments with that kind of payout in the same year?

• Upvote (+1) 4

i understand where you are coming from

but if anything overdrive was doing them the favor, optic is the 16th seed with a questionable coach

Ppl need to relax on the coach thing lol

Flame already does most of the "coaching" they literally said they want just someone to time powerups

Maniac even said only towey he personally believes actually helps the team. A very vocal coach + flame could be a bad thing

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah.

I doubt 343 are going to chuck more millions out of their own pockets at the game. Keep any additional money made from REQs for next season/year.

No point chucking it all in one pot and having pro's play for 20k prize pools again.

Better yet, I hope they tease of us some info for life after the HWC and then go on to say that REQ purchases mean we have another million dollars on the line next year.

Lets not put all our eggs in one basket.

They've already said that the prize pool is still growing, they just haven't announced the new pool yet.

I imagine it is going to cap at 2.5 or 3 million whenever they make the final announcement.

Ppl need to relax on the coach thing lol

Flame already does most of the "coaching" they literally said they want just someone to time powerups

Maniac even said only towey he personally believes actually helps the team. A very vocal coach + flame could be a bad thing

But does bigt even need to be there when they play gametype with no power ups?

I would say it was mutual. We both wanted to scrim and practice. I'd say we need the practice a little more at this point. Honestly, I don't know the EXACT reason they quit scrimming. All I know is we pissed off Gary. Chance mentioned he shot a body and that's the only thing he could think of but he didn't do it with the intent of being a dick; just a bad FFA habit. 

Just to clear this up, as I just heard in Gary's stream this morning. Optic originally wanted to scrim WFX but they said they weren't going to be on. So optic took the scrim with Ovd for sake of practice and throughout the games Gary said you guys were T-bagging and other stuff, and then WFX texted that they were on and wanted to scrim. So Optic took the scrim with WFX. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just to clear this up, as I just heard in Gary's stream this morning. Optic originally wanted to scrim WFX but they said they weren't going to be on. So optic took the scrim with Ovd for sake of practice and throughout the games Gary said you guys were T-bagging and other stuff, and then WFX texted that they were on and wanted to scrim. So Optic took the scrim with WFX. 

This makes sense if it all checks out. I'd have to review the film. I know sometimes if I kill someone in CQB and someone else starts shooting, my strafe can be a quick double crouch, so perhaps it appears I'm bagging when I'm being shot? I'm guessing he can tell the diff and someone must have clearly bagged him. Bleh.

im sure ill get -rep for saying this, but i dont think we have any right to get disappointed if the money is less than that.  we have never seen a halo tourney that has a payout even close to 2million, now we will be disappointed if we dont have multiple tournaments with that kind of payout in the same year?

If they really want to grow Halo into one of the premier competitive games (and they do), they'll need to maintain the hype/momentum of season 1, and they'll likely need a similarly sized prize pool for Season 2 in order to do that.  Pro League will be the bridge between the two seasons, and I expect they'll have some decent money involved in that as well.

eSports are an ever-growing scene, and more and more ad revenue will be coming in over the next few years. It promises to be very profitable for whatever games/companies can harness it in the right way (so far, 343 has been good at this in some ways and bad in many others, imo). If the crowdfunding doesn't produce enough funds for a couple $2.5M prize pools for the Season 1/2 Worlds in addition to maybe $1M for Pro League, they would be wise to consider investing some of the game profits or at least look to partner with sponsors in order to obtain sufficient funds.  

I say I would be disappointed in a lower prize pool for season 2 because I would hope and expect that Microsoft/343 has enough talented folks working for them that have considered these points multiple times over and built strategies for how to approach and proceed over the next couple years.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just a reminder that the last time 343 updated the prize pool was December 4th, which was the same day the HCS pack was released. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a reminder that the last time 343 updated the prize pool was December 4th, which was the same day the HCS pack was released.

Which is my reasoning as to why it is probably $3mil if it isn't capped. 2 months of funding plus so many people paying $10/hcs pack.

My guess is they announce 3 mil and cap it there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they really want to grow Halo into one of the premier competitive games (and they do), they'll need to maintain the hype/momentum of season 1, and they'll likely need a similarly sized prize pool for Season 2 in order to do that.  Pro League will be the bridge between the two seasons, and I expect they'll have some decent money involved in that as well.

eSports are an ever-growing scene, and more and more ad revenue will be coming in over the next few years. It promises to be very profitable for whatever games/companies can harness it in the right way (so far, 343 has been good at this in some ways and bad in many others, imo). If the crowdfunding doesn't produce enough funds for a couple $2.5M prize pools for the Season 1/2 Worlds in addition to maybe $1M for Pro League, they would be wise to consider investing some of the game profits or at least look to partner with sponsors in order to obtain sufficient funds.  

I say I would be disappointed in a lower prize pool for season 2 because I would hope and expect that Microsoft/343 has enough talented folks working for them that have considered these points multiple times over and built strategies for how to approach and proceed over the next couple years.

It wouldn't make sense for the next HCS season to have the same prize pool because the next season is a pro-league and not the HWC. The HWC is an event that will take place once a year for 2-3 moths out of the year (from what we know). HWC 2017 will be about a year from now and that should have around the same prize pool as this years. More likely than not there will be 1-3 pro league seasons between now and the next HWC (most likely 2). I find it unlikely that they would hold money for that long. 

More FA player Breakdowns

mmm Joe

g6QHmjH.jpg

Posey

23OvuQ6.jpg

Turley

j2AeQ8O.jpg

Scaryotic

vIBKr89.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has Puckett being following Halo for the past few years?

Will he be up to speed, or will he potentially not know who some of the players are?

Which is my reasoning as to why it is probably $3mil if it isn't capped. 2 months of funding plus so many people paying $10/hcs pack.

My guess is they announce 3 mil and cap it there.

There would have also been a large boost for Xmas sales as well. Honestly, I would expect it to be a little over 3mil, maybe even 3.5 considering it went up 1 mil in a bout a month before that. I am very interested to see how they handle it considering they have gone dark about it for so long.