CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sure sometimes a guy crouches and kills you. This games maps are extremely elevation based uike other halos.

Someone crouching and killing you isn't the main problem with radar. As for the second sentence, I'm not sure what your point is.

Also, people shouldn't always take top player's opinions as gospel. If I'm not mistaken, the greatest halo player ever said "no bloom=no skill" in halo reach. Perhaps he was saying this because his team was proven to be the best at sprint and bloom settings and he didn't want to shake things up. And perhaps some top players now know that their teams are good with radar and are more concerned with a nice chunk of 2 million than the competitiveness of the game...

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Speaking of regionals anyone placing side bets for Regionals or does that usually not happen at Halo events? 

Whatcha thinkin?

Someone crouching and killing you isn't the main problem with radar. As for the second sentence, I'm not sure what your point is.

Also, people shouldn't always take top player's opinions as gospel. If I'm not mistaken, the greatest halo player ever said "no bloom=no skill" in halo reach. Perhaps he was saying this because his team was proven to be the best at sprint and bloom settings and he didn't want to shake things up. And perhaps some top players now know that their teams are good with radar and are more concerned with a nice chunk of 2 million than the competitiveness of the game...

many elevation levels on maps makes chances at less battles happening and easier for things to be avoided was my main point, but yea I agree I can't believe you caught me. Screw halo I just want this tourney to have radar cause if it's taken out we are screwed. No radar no frosty I think that's the saying.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Considering they have 3 days I think it's every match. Maybe they'll just use 2 streams

im pretty sure every match will be streamed, I don't see why they wouldn't be

I think all the pool play should be completed friday? in that case i would imagine some matches would be skipped unless they go well into the night or start very early. I wish there was a schedule out already.

I've posted it 3 times over the past 3 or 4 days in this thread...

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@Saucey FFA beyond tournaments would be so sick. I can never play in the 4v4s because that requires three more people to play, but with the 1v1's and FFA's,

That would be awesome to watch, they should do an AM one and one for everyone.

Imagine the FFA finals with Snip3down, Royal2, Spartan etc going at it. Would be sick

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whatcha thinkin?

Put $50 down for Dream Team to win only 1 game :kappa:

Another $50 for Maniac to commit suicide with Sniper

• Upvote (+1) 6

many elevation levels on maps makes chances at less battles happening and easier for things to be avoided was my main point, but yea I agree I can't believe you caught me. Screw halo I just want this tourney to have radar cause if it's taken out we are screwed. No radar no frosty I think that's the saying.

I never said you would be bad or screwed without radar. What I'm saying is that professional players can have a personal stake in the game that others don't which is why ninja for example would praise halo 4 and later admit that it was terrible. Your team is at least 2nd best and quite possibly 1st best at the moment on these settings which gives you a good reason even subconsciously to want to keep these settings. Again, I'm not saying you would be bad or that people should disregard your opinions; im just saying people shouldn't treat your opinions as gospel.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I never said you would be bad or screwed without radar. What I'm saying is that professional players can have a personal stake in the game that others don't which is why ninja for example would praise halo 4 and later admit that it was terrible. Your team is at least 2nd best and quite possibly 1st best at the moment on these settings which gives you a good reason even subconsciously to want to keep these settings. Again, I'm not saying you would be bad or that people should disregard your opinions; im just saying people shouldn't treat your opinions as gospel.

I know I was just giving you shit for the wording even though I figured you weren't directing it only at me, but people are getting mad at radar talk so let's e-handshake and move on.

On topic...... People not streaming scrims I guess is ok but I think people are head casing a bit

• Upvote (+1) 6

I know I was just giving you shit for the wording even though I figured you weren't directing it only at me, but people are getting mad at radar talk so let's e-handshake and move on.

On topic...... People not streaming scrims I guess is ok but I think people are head casing a bit

Sounds good.

What do people think of how commonly has been playing so far?

• Upvote (+1) 2

If it works it works I guess.

Some people play better without streaming, others player better when LaserFocused™

• Upvote (+1) 2

idk man last time i tried that he dropped Ogre 2...

WTF, that was the last time i was in there too, weird man!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope NV can get some more practice because they have a stacked team. They just need more practice and they can compete for top 4 atleast.

I've posted it 3 times over the past 3 or 4 days in this thread...

Posting when doors open and when the last match out isn't really a schedule. What time does so and so play so and so, is what people mean by schedule.

• Upvote (+1) 5

if you're not able to focus on your gameplay and team while just having a button on obs clicked that says "start streaming" then idfk how you're gonna handle 2mill

I would think it'd be easier to focus on your own gameplay when you don't have worry about the thousands of people critiquing you/ opposing teams picking up your strats.  If i got as heated as EG does when they're tilted I wouldn't want all those people watching

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I were to consider trying some sort of prediction thing for regionals using LeagueSafe to acquire people's money and hold it with payouts, how many people would be interested. I'm not saying I will because I'm very busy this week (3/4 night shift today and then flipping to day schedule for the rest of the week starting tomorrow  :wutface: ), but if there's enough interest I might try. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Predict each series winner (in pool play): 1 point

Predict # of games they win it in (in pool play): 2 points

Predict what place each team finishes in bracket play: 1st place 10 points, 2nd place 8 points, 3rd place 6 points, 4th place 5 points, 5-8th place 3 points

This is obviously just a rough draft at the idea. Let me know thoughts.

I'm thinking we'd do like $10-$20 entrance and then determine payouts by how many people enter.

Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would think it'd be easier to focus on your own gameplay when you don't have worry about the thousands of people critiquing you/ opposing teams picking up your strats. If i got as heated as EG does when they're tilted I wouldn't want all those people watching

i understand the reasoning, but I mean we are 2 days away and teams just now deciding is just indecisive and unless teams are revamping everything I could easily go back and watch past streams to learn simple starting strats (which contribute only small amounts to about 99% of games, execution will always be different.) and hopefully teams take my starting strats because honestly I don't know what I'm supposed to do on half the game types I always switch.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I think not streaming scrims is good for people like Ninja who can get distracted by Donations, subs, chat etc. I don't really know if the "strat" aspect really matters, but I do think streaming can make some players lose focus.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think not streaming scrims is good for people like Ninja who can get distracted by Donations, subs, chat etc. I don't really know if the "strat" aspect really matters, but I do think streaming can make some players lose focus.

The chat can be distracting. One bad play, a choke, losing a series, etc - causes the chat to go into complete shit storm troll mode.

If you choked you know you choked. You don't need to get roasted looking at your chat. Throws a lot of people off.

• Upvote (+1) 7

i understand the reasoning, but I mean we are 2 days away and teams just now deciding is just indecisive and unless teams are revamping everything I could easily go back and watch past streams to learn simple starting strats (which contribute only small amounts to about 99% of games, execution will always be different.) and hopefully teams take my starting strats because honestly I don't know what I'm supposed to do on half the game types I always switch.

it's not just starting strats though. if you're frustrated after a loss it's a lot easier to cope if you're able to let your frustration out without an audience listening. it's easy to deal with it when you're on arguably the best team but for the other established pros who are struggling to get back to the top I'm sure it's nice to be able to vent without an audience

if you're not able to focus on your gameplay and team while just having a button on obs clicked that says "start streaming" then idfk how you're gonna handle 2mill

This is exceptionally true.

I understand certain cases ninja being one especially, I just feel that if a team makes a decision they don't want to do it, it probably would have been more effective and useful to them to do it sooner than roughly a week left before regionals. Some teams like nV haven't streamed any of them so they're obviously excluded from my statements.

• Upvote (+1) 2