CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Guys, the CLEARLY best team is down 0-2 to Elevate.

CLEARLY they are 2 steps of ahead of everyone else.

Kr423r.gif

3 steps*

• Upvote (+1) 8

So I was correct in what I thought he said.

it was an on-paper speculation, it happens all the time, it's why we have sports networks. 

I was wrong about it I admitted it, but I still stand by what I said, CLG is a better on paper team

• Downvote (-1) 4

FYI, Twitch is delayed for a few seconds(The exact delay time varies.), so it would actually be even worse.

What? This has nothing to do with Twitch. It's the exact time spot for what happened to Zeke mid-game vs when he watched it in-theater.

The server was really bad and showed the player in a different spot then he actually was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

couple quick thoughts:

I feel like ryanoob plays better when he's a pickup on tournaments like this than when he's the leader of a team. i think he works best when he's allowed to do his thing while someone else leads but winterfox lacks a leader so he stepped up. ryanoob is one of my favorite players and it sucks seeing him on a lackluster team (i personally think all the players on winterfox are great but the team synergy just isn't there).

@@VinFTW people aren't mad at you because you have an opinion, they're mad because you treat your opinion like fact and you don't do much to back it up. also it really annoys me how as soon as clg does good you rub it in people's faces like, "SEE GUYS I'M RIGHT CLG #1" but you completely ignore when they lose. i personally agree with you that clg is the best team btw but i understand why people would disagree

that is all  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't know if using the notorious culprit that is the scattershot as a good excuse that online is bad. Gun is so 50/50 online, same with Rail.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What? This has nothing to do with Twitch. It's the exact time spot for what happened to Zeke mid-game vs when he watched it in-theater.

The server was really bad and showed the player in a different spot then he actually was.

Oh. I didn't look at the pictures and I thought that you were just referring to how spectator was delayed with what was going on with live viewers.

I don't know if using the notorious culprit that is the scattershot as a good excuse that online is bad. Gun is so 50/50 online, same with Rail.

I mean, it wouldn't really matter what weapon he had there.

The player model is in a completely different spot.

couple quick thoughts:

I feel like ryanoob plays better when he's a pickup on tournaments like this than when he's the leader of a team. i think he works best when he's allowed to do his thing while someone else leads but winterfox lacks a leader so he stepped up. ryanoob is one of my favorite players and it sucks seeing him on a lackluster team (i personally think all the players on winterfox are great but the team synergy just isn't there).

@@VinFTW people aren't mad at you because you have an opinion, they're mad because you treat your opinion like fact and you don't do much to back it up. also it really annoys me how as soon as clg does good you rub it in people's faces like, "SEE GUYS I'M RIGHT CLG #1" but you completely ignore when they lose. i personally agree with you that clg is the best team btw but i understand why people would disagree

that is all  :intensifies:

I promise you I don't think my opinion is fact. The only time I got cocky is because EG truly was dominant in H2A, and I guessed them to never lose. 

If it comes off that way don't take it that way, everybody who knows me/talked to me knows I'm not an elitist/condescending person. 

I mean, it wouldn't really matter what weapon he had there.

The player model is in a completely different spot.

Theater does that all the time because it's server side. 

Server side and Client side are two seperate entities therefore spec mode sees things differently from the client(what we're playing)

Theater does that all the time because it's server side. 

Server side and Client side are two seperate entities therefore spec mode sees things differently from the client(what we're playing)

But this wasn't spectator mode. These are just taken from Zeke's stream.

Real time, it looked like he hit 2 shots, but it did almost no damage to Heinz' shields.

He watches it in theater, and you can see why. According to the server side, Zeke missed those shots.

But, when the client side shows that much of a difference, you can't blame Zeke for the missed kill.

But this wasn't spectator mode. These are just taken from Zeke's stream.

Real time, it looked like he hit 2 shots, but it did almost no damage to Heinz' shields.

He watches it in theater, and you can see why. According to the server side, Zeke missed those shots.

But, when the client side shows that much of a difference, you can't blame Zeke for the missed kill.

I never disagreed with that, it doesn't change the fact that the scatter is notoriously awful at times. You proved that, but using that for evidence against online isn't the strongest thing you could use. Now if he tanked like 10 BR shots, we'd be having a different conversation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never disagreed with that, it doesn't change the fact that the scatter is notoriously awful at times. You proved that, but using that for evidence against online isn't the strongest thing you could use. Now if he tanked like 10 BR shots, we'd be having a different conversation.

I mean, Zeke shot 6 pistol shots after this all doing almost no damage as well

785949773f0fdaab885ae9b3c0c068da.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Until he wins the world championship you can't call him a world champ. CoD is the main esport I watch and OpTic is my favorite team, but until he wins a world championship you can't call him a world champ.

Why do people care so much about the utterly meaningless "world champ" title?

Up until this year, CoD Champs took place like ~2-3 months into the game's life cycle.  Anyone who knows anything will tell you that the game hasn't even been mastered by that point, which kind of defies the entire purpose of naming a "world champion".  Its like the Super Bowl taking place during week 4 of the NFL season.  Better yet, the competition level at the biggest NA-only events is far superior as you don't have complete trashcan teams doing nothing but filling up pointless regional spots.  Are you really supposed to get hyped over "world champs" when you've got a team from Korea showing up and running 4 riot shields and snipers in a Hardpoint match? They were literally there for a free trip to LA LOL.

The only significance of "CoD Champs' is the money.  Apart from that, it shouldn't carry any extra prestige...its literally just any other tournament near the start of the game.  The performance significance of something like MLG World's last season far surpassed CoD Champs.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You've gotta hit shots for them to do damage 

But how can he hit shots if the client side is lying to him?  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

But how can he hit shots if the client side is lying to him?  :wutface:

It doesn't matter, his reticule is not on the player in that clip lol.

edit: referring to the pistol shots

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do people care so much about the utterly meaningless "world champ" title?

Up until this year, CoD Champs took place like ~2-3 months into the game's life cycle. Anyone who knows anything will tell you that the game hasn't even been mastered by that point, which kind of defies the entire purpose of naming a "world champion". Its like the Super Bowl taking place during week 4 of the NFL season. Better yet, the competition level at the biggest NA-only events is far superior as you don't have complete trashcan teams doing nothing but filling up pointless regional spots. Are you really supposed to get hyped over "world champs" when you've got a team from Korea showing up and running 4 riot shields and snipers in a Hardpoint match? They were literally there for a free trip to LA LOL.

The only significance of "CoD Champs' is the money. Apart from that, it shouldn't carry any extra prestige...its literally just any other tournament near the start of the game. The performance significance of something like MLG World's last season far surpassed CoD Champs.

Well CoDs last 1 year, not much mastery anyway