CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Astral will bring them little to nothing, just as most small orgs. That's why I specified the few ones that would be worth it. TP is mainly the one I was referring to when it comes to not signing to try to go to worlds and not worrying about an org trying to dip into your pocket last second. Astral will probably sign them, they won't qualify, and the team will dissolve with pretty much no gain. Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want to ever deal with a small org that probably offers as BEST full event coverage and most don't even do that. Worlds and regionals is going to be paid for at least partially by MLG and 343.

No I entirely agree with this. As I said in the OP, I dont know if Astral will really bring anything to the table, but if you could find an org that will give you decent exposure while playing under even if just for one event, i think its absolutely worth it. But I'd also like to think that teams are taking the future Pro League into consideration, but I'd imagine you know more on that then I. You also wouldnt want to deal with small orgs now, but if you're a mid to bottom tier pro, you dont have a ton of options in major orgs. Especially in Halo for now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys just got back from hand to hand combat training with Clawnor and now I feel like a BRAND NEW MAN! I really suggest getting lessons from him and he's super down to earth and cool! He's also SUPER known in real life! he signed a little kids hat while we were there!!!

Sellout :kappa: :flames: :rekt::prayers:
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one who feels like Lunchbox just gets attacked after every game (that they lose)? I feel like every time I watch Snipedown stream, him and his brother are arguing and no one really gets pinpointed except the LBX. Maybe it just happens when I'm watching though idk :apg:

As far as I know (EU people correct if wrong), XGames is the only event that didn't.

We didn't use it for the EMEAs and I'm pritty sure gfinity didn't use it.

Honestly having all 8 POVs right in front and been able to jump on board with action rather than not know what was going on made life so much more easier. I did miss the outlines but for slow/standoff moments. I certainly do like outlines but agree with most of the forum that casters need to learn a that there's a time and a place for them.

Honest would happily use 8 cards over spec mode, me personally I enjoy jumping to people with action unfolding rather than going to someone's POV who's dead them scrolling about for the living, gets very messy and confusing quite fast but most of all it keeps the casting fluid and it something big is about to happen we can go to that player.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Am I the only one who feels like Lunchbox just gets attacked after every game (that they lose)? I feel like every time I watch Snipedown stream, him and his brother are arguing and no one really gets pinpointed except the LBX. Maybe it just happens when I'm watching though idk :apg:

Unfortunately I think that's just part of the brotherly relationship between roy and lunch. They play great together but are somewhat infamous for the bickering that goes on between them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We didn't use it for the EMEAs and I'm pritty sure gfinity didn't use it.

Honestly having all 8 POVs right in front and been able to jump on board with action rather than not know what was going on made life so much more easier. I did miss the outlines but for slow/standoff moments. I certainly do like outlines but agree with most of the forum that casters need to learn a that there's a time and a place for them.

Honest would happily use 8 cards over spec mode, me personally I enjoy jumping to people with action unfolding rather than going to someone's POV who's dead them scrolling about for the living, gets very messy and confusing quite fast but most of all it keeps the casting fluid and it something big is about to happen we can go to that player.

Correct me if i am wrong but i thought you can jump directly to specific player via hidden controlls.

Edit - still wont fix the

problem of not seeing other screens simultaneously i quess

Correct me if i am wrong but i thought you can jump directly to specific player via hidden controlls.

Edit - still wont fix the

problem of not seeing other screens simultaneously i quess

Yes you can, but I found it very hard and distracting to use as you need some kind of key written down on paper what player is mapped to which button or a damn good memory, which mine isn't :P

And as you mentioned still this issue of jumping into a dead POV

Yes you can

When i read those words, i imediately see you screaming: "Can he finish this kill ? YES HE CAN ! " :) .

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@TheSimms

On more serious note though. How does it feel to go from dreaming about casting a big event, to not be able to due having a contract with the biggest esports company in the world ?

Again so happy for you to make such a huge leap in such a short time. It wasnt too long ago when you have been casting H4 event with modded settings lmao.

Yes you can, but I found it very hard and distracting to use as you need some kind of key written down on paper what player is mapped to which button or a damn good memory, which mine isn't :P

And as you mentioned still this issue of jumping into a dead POV

Did you guys check to see if 343 could maybe work on providing a caster mode that runs through the server that they bring to LAN events and is operated via PC rather than a controller? It seems like almost all of the nice points of their current spectator mode are immediately negated by the controls, delay, and how poorly it replicates what each player is seeing to the point that the original setup simply looks and functions better. I guess I'm essentially asking if you guys asked for a real caster setup or not :P

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1