kIT8Aj0.jpg

Aries

TQWZWLY.jpg

TireIron

0oJyUho.jpg

JessePeace

CYvBTy9.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not sure why Astral Authority would sign a team that could very easily go 0-3 and be out of Regionals over a team that has a legitimate shot at going to Worlds (Triggers Pound) but hey, congrats to Gab and gang.

11617626.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think I've said this before, but some combination of KDA (assist weighted spread) and damage/death (shout out to whoever thought up this stat, I can't remember who) is the best indicator of an individual's contribution towards the team's success. I'll caveat this with the obvious "all stats should be taken directionally and considered equally among more qualitative measures (i.e. are you a good communicator, do you bait teammates too much, etc.)"

Not sure why Astral Authority would sign a team that could very easily go 0-3 and be out of Regionals over a team that has a legitimate shot at going to Worlds (Triggers Pound) but hey, congrats to Gab and gang.

Maybe Severance was really active in pursuing a sponsor.

• Upvote (+1) 1

11617626.jpg

at this point any team without an org should stay not signed, unless you got a great offer from one of the VERY FEW worth while orgs. Try to make worlds and keep it all not give some to an org even if it's not a lot. Travel for worlds will probably be paid for regardless so you wouldn't lose anything.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

at this point any team without an org should stay not signed, unless you got a great offer from one of the VERY FEW worth while orgs. Try to make worlds and keep it all not give some to an org even if it's not a lot. Travel for worlds will probably be paid for regardless so you wouldn't lose anything.

Respectfully disagree. The teams unsigned dont have a great shot of making it to Worlds, apart from tP. Signing on to an org(albeit, I dont know about Astral) brings in exposure and a fan base they dont have currently. If they can make it worth their while in terms of community engagement, content, and fans, then I'd say they came out on top by picking out an org.

Doing some research on Astral Authority and I can't seem to find any information on the CEO except he was a heavily involved COD player. No real mention of any sponsorships that seem noteworthy outside Arma Centrum, which seems to be a popular jersey site for eSports teams (more noteworthy). They had a League of Legends team that was on their brand...then left...then came back to the brand after the one they switched to (possibly failed). Must be some guy with a decent sum of money trying to make a team splashing around in multiple games. Those never fail...lol

Respectfully disagree. The teams unsigned dont have a great shot of making it to Worlds, apart from tP. Signing on to an org(albeit, I dont know about Astral) brings in exposure and a fan base they dont have currently. If they can make it worth their while in terms of community engagement, content, and fans, then I'd say they came out on top by picking out an org.

Astral will bring them little to nothing, just as most small orgs. That's why I specified the few ones that would be worth it. TP is mainly the one I was referring to when it comes to not signing to try to go to worlds and not worrying about an org trying to dip into your pocket last second. Astral will probably sign them, they won't qualify, and the team will dissolve with pretty much no gain. Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want to ever deal with a small org that probably offers as BEST full event coverage and most don't even do that. Worlds and regionals is going to be paid for at least partially by MLG and 343.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Honestly though, outside of the big orgs, how many fans do you think a team like Soar or Astral gains out of signing with those orgs? Do you really think there's a big group of people who root exclusively for whatever teams this random org is putting out?

If anything, the benefit is that the team has "branding" and thus looks more professional. If I were a bubble pro I'd rather be going around under an org with a sick logo and jersey than under some ancient MLG team name mostly associated with top 24 finishes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Remember when AE formed and signed Naded's squad? These guys were literally brand new, nobody knew them. Becuse AE has been playing well lately, they got more recognizations and more people became fan of that organization. Even through its no where near to EG and CLG, it's nice to see that organization grow. I'm hoping Astral can do the same.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember when AE formed and signed Naded's squad? These guys were literally brand new, nobody knew them. Becuse AE has been playing well lately, they got more recognizations and more people became fan of that organization. Even through its no where near to EG and CLG, it's nice to see that organization grow. I'm hoping Astral can do the same.

But severance kinda sucks...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Maybe Severance was really active in pursuing a sponsor.

or maybe triggers pound already has a better deal lined up

• Upvote (+1) 1

AE pays their players. Even though they are new, it's the salary that helps legitimize them... More so than placements in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cloud 9 to halo confirmed.

edit: not actually confirmed

i wish, i bought a C9 hoodie and everything back in H2A

AE pays their players. Even though they are new, it's the salary that helps legitimize them... More so than placements in my opinion.

Yeah true. I'm glad AE has been a good organization so far.