CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I love Friday night scrims because I can actually stay up late watching :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Id kill myself if I had to grind 1-50 every month. I have a full time job as well and don't play everyday. That why I settle for Oynx. Top 200 should be the ones willing to work the hardest for those spots. If a person can't put the time needed to maintain Champion they don't deserve it.

well if it was 1-50 i would hope it wouldn't reset every month lol every 3-5 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

From what I've seen of penguin he just repeatedly slays his opponents off spawn when his team has control. Damn good with the railgun also.

Damn that's dope about penguin being so beast amongst other top pros. Does anyone have footage of his game plays that I can watch? Or know his YouTube/twitch channels?

Damn that's dope about penguin being so beast amongst other top pros. Does anyone have footage of his game plays that I can watch? Or know his YouTube/twitch channels?

It's not much but I've showcased his play some in my OQ streams. He's definitely a talented slayer who hasn't been getting any attention.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wait... I thought stats didn't matter guys? Too many mixed signals around here

Too much bias imo. You mention CLG does well in scrims and people roll their eyes, you mention nV or Noble doing well and all of a sudden it's a big deal. 

Edit: It's like saying scrim results don't matter for your team but they matter for teams like elevate, nV, Noble, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're reading it wrong. Pros - "Stats don't matter". Everyone else "Stats matter". Actions around the league from pros - Coincidentally drop the player with the worst KD/KDA on the team and replace him with a player that has a better KD/KDA.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If stats didn't matter, you wouldn't be on CLG  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 5

They don't matter when we talk about Ogre2

I'm confident this is the first and only time I will ever + you, but I hope you prove me wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe T2 coaching a t16 team and bringing his brand with him ?

Kephri played on Str8 a few times during the OQs. Maybe that's what he was hinting at.

Too much bias imo. You mention CLG does well in scrims and people roll their eyes, you mention nV or Noble doing well and all of a sudden it's a big deal. 

Edit: It's like saying scrim results don't matter for your team but they matter for teams like elevate, nV, Noble, etc.

Not sure if your edit was a shot at me, but let me just clarify anyways. 

Individual stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. If you're not winning those games where you have a huge K/D, it doesn't mean much because their is more to Halo than just your K/D ratio.

CLG have established themselves as the team to beat even after their Xgames loss to EG. They have consistently been dominating in online scrims. Who is rolling their eyes at CLG's results? I said a team like Elevate should be highlighted more so than CLG because we don't really know what Elevate are capable of. If we see a pattern where Elevate consistently win scrims against top 4 teams, it's a big deal because this is not a common thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

stats matter

but only in specific circumstances in which they can be manipulated to support my opinion

otherwise, yeah, they're totally meaningless

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm confident this is the first and only time I will ever + you, but I hope you prove me wrong.

Hahaha I know i can be abrasive mos of the time.

Stats matter but only if you contextualize them:

• Who are they against? Top 4 clash versus beating up on a dogshit team.
  • Circumstance - LAN > online tournament > scrim
  • How does that fit in with the players 'role'?

They're supposed to supplement the gameplay, not replace it, and give you a surface level preview of the action. For instance, Flame went big when you just look at the K/D stats in LCQ, but when you look at the bigger picture of similar KDA/Damage output along with the gameplay he was listening to callouts and flying out on low shileds with ARs through a lot of it.

I do appreciate the stats guys though, it's been a consistent form of content and a point of discussion throughout the months. Hopefully in future we can get more meaningful matches on a consistent basis to bring more weight to them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

http://www.twitch.tv/pznguin/profile but I haven't seen him stream in a while.

I'm honestly kinda surprised Penguin ranks so high because I remember them not doing so hot in the last three qualifiers and I heard he was really sick for a few weeks. I doubt he's the the second or third best player overall but clearly he's doing something right.

I put the Noble fan banner in my sig a while back just because they made me laugh, but as time goes on they keep impressing me with smart plays and good attitudes/teamwork. Definitely rooting for them at regionals and worlds if they make it. They have the potential to make a pretty big splash considering how under the radar they've been, and I hope they all keep competing even if they underperform. According to esportspedia regionals will be Penguin and Rayne's second ever LAN. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see both of them do really well in Halo if they stick with it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

the stats should really include damage dealt, and maybe even received? 

damage dealt is the most important stat other than obj time in objective

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if your edit was a shot at me, but let me just clarify anyways. 

Individual stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. If you're not winning those games where you have a huge K/D, it doesn't mean much because their is more to Halo than just your K/D ratio.

CLG have established themselves as the team to beat even after their Xgames loss to EG. They have consistently been dominating in online scrims. Who is rolling their eyes at CLG's results? I said a team like Elevate should be highlighted more so than CLG because we don't really know what Elevate are capable of. If we see a pattern where Elevate consistently win scrims against top 4 teams, it's a big deal because this is not a common thing.

I always ignore individual stats and look closely at scrim results & generally how often teams scrim. CLG has been putting in a lot of quality time in since X Games, and if you watch their streams they are on the same page. Generally, they identify mistakes as they happen, agree on changes to be made on the fly, and everyone agrees & moves on - all in the span of 10 seconds or less. Tl;dr they may be the most prepared team on top of being stacked with raw skill.

I'll say this, I will be surprised if they don't win regionals. We might see the passing of the torch if EG doesn't kick it into gear. 

I believe I mentioned CLG looks scary because of so and so, and someone disregarded that because of this and that. People upvoted him, whatever, and at the same time people are getting excited because they see nV, Noble, and Elevate showing flashes of great improvement.