CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I will never understand why they don't want large crowds and more hype

Makes no sense. They should have had a large venue and location months ago. build the hype. let people make plans to go. boom. 

I will never understand why they don't want large crowds and more hype

Seriously, Halos a crowd event/pleaser. Spectator experience.

You want the chance for this to happen.

The things I would do to have a crowd like the pax east one at season 1 finals every event...

Who would want that when you could guarantee a sold out arena!!! With 200 people

• Upvote (+1) 3

They could be leasing it for a year, or half a year (is that a thing?). I'm tempted to think he will retire when H5 is at the end of its lifespan though, not after this season.

I feel like he isn't retiring tbh.  He has said he is taking advantage of being able to stream full time and is enjoying it.  They have amazing sponsors and he seems to be happy and living off what he loves, it wouldn't make sense for him to retire

i swear h5s ranks are glitchy. I'm champ 41 i win a game and go to champ 47 ?????? wtf 

During the game you played another champ beat a group of players better than the group you beat, so they go up? Pretty sure that would be the cause.

• Upvote (+1) 3

During the game you played another champ beat a group of players better than the group you beat, so they go up? Pretty sure that would be the cause.

Yes, people always forget there are other people playing too. Its not just static ranks that you try to earn. If you are Champ 1 and you don't keep playing often you wont be champ 1 the next time you do play.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i swear h5s ranks are glitchy. I'm champ 41 i win a game and go to champ 47 ?????? wtf 

You probably beat a whole party of players much lower rank than you. Probably at the same time that people around your rank won against better people. You don't always get exp for a win. It depends on who you actually play against. ive been champ in FFA every season and ive gone down in rank tones of times after winning. Ive also** gone up multiple ranks well finishing last. Just because everyone in the game was way high rank than me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why don't they want a crowd? Boggles my mind. That's how you create hype. 

I love the article, but now it has me questioning if Snipedown is still good at tennis..

I'm just wondering if he had a 1-hand or 2-handed backhand  :lxthul:

@Snip3down  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

and thats why I'm not a fan of this ranking system i don't see in any way why i should lose rank for winning games 

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 needs to take a lesson from EVO and how much hype the crowd brings to fighting game tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 2

if i win i should move up or at least stay the same never go down. stupid to me now i lost my next game and I'm 53. stupid

and thats why I'm not a fan of this ranking system i don't see in any way why i should lose rank for winning games 

You didn't lose rank. Your CSR/MMR went either slightly up or stayed the same. Other people gained mroe than you for beating better people than you beat.

• Upvote (+1) 3

well if people grind games and you arent on and their elo goes above yours then you go down.  next game you play your rank is updated.  If it went down then it will show that after the next game.  It wasnt that you got negative elo for winning, other people just gained more elo than you

its all just elo based.  nothing glitchy about it.  champ is top 200 elo ranks

You didn't lose rank. Your CSR/MMR went either slightly up or stayed the same. Other people gained mroe than you for beating better people than you beat.

well i was 42 and won then became 47 i understand other people gained more elo then me and all that but in my eyes i went down. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

well i was 42 and won then became 47 i understand other people gained more elo then me and all that but in my eyes i went down. 

You can use both/either of these sites to actually track your csr after each game. Halowaypoint & Halotracker. then you'll actually be able to see if you went down or up.