CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

sure the wife will love that roy

Lunchbox is married

I'm pretty sure if you had a good chance of bringing home a couple hundred thousand dollars you'd let your significant other go no life in a house for a month or so to go get that MONEY

I thought Roy was done after this season? 

I thought he said he was done after h5?  like the game?  not just this season?

I was lucky enough to not get Ghost, but I like Infinity Ward Call of Duty games. Fuck me right?

Ghosts story was super meh but I guess it set up for Ghosts 2.

Ghosts was a hot mess for MP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they just released a Modern Warfare Collection they would be rolling in it. Wont buy a Ghosts 2 or new IW game

I'd rather get the Treyarch pack(WaW, Blops1/2.)  All those games were great for zombies and MP.  Still thought blops 1 was the most balanced.  Blops 2 was great, but i hated how ARs got shafted for smgs/pistols.

and i stopped fucking with IW games when mw3 came out.  that game was absolute trash.  Worst netcode/registration ive ever experienced in a game.  Put a whole clip in someone and hit markers galore, get turned on and shot in the toe and die.  nah man,  nah.

The game could be the worst in the series and still millions will play it just because all their friends are playing it, and their friends are playing it only because their other friends are playing it

• Upvote (+1) 2

:simms: Better be at Worlds.

Also I'm happy to see Brav not casting at an event. It will make other casters shine and rise to the occasion. + he has  a full time job at 343 and this update is pretty important.  :ghost: and Strongside on the Analyst desk will be good.  

Didn't they outsource a bit of MP? I remember Neversoft, Certain Affinity, and something with "Raven" in it being credited with the development.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't they outsource a bit of MP? I remember Neversoft, Certain Affinity, and something with "Raven" in it being credited with the development.

I think Infinity Ward do that for every game they make.

No excuses for a game with a three-year dev cycle, though.

Infinity Ward has had lots of bad luck with games. When MW3 was being worked on half the studio quit to form Respawn. Then they were only given 2 years to make Ghosts instead of the normal 3 AND they had to make it for a new console with unknown specs at the time along with all the other versions as well. Even now they re-hired one of the main multiplayer guys that ha left to join Respawn (forget his name) and he ended up quitting again. Something is up with that studio.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Neversoft and Raven work on MP maps these days. Shame since Neversoft were responsible for the good Tony Hawk games and Raven also have some of my favorite games in their history.

Eh. A different Infinity Ward made the good Call of Duty games. They left for Respawn.

That'd be great but god, fuck Infinity Ward. Ghosts was a hot mess.

Oh I see. Shame, I miss these guys.

I wish mlg sold the final boss hoodie again I want one so bad, if anybody is going to HWC and wants to get me one I'll pay for it plus more and I'll upvote every post you make for life.

I'd rather get the Treyarch pack(WaW, Blops1/2.) All those games were great for zombies and MP. Still thought blops 1 was the most balanced. Blops 2 was great, but i hated how ARs got shafted for smgs/pistols.

and i stopped fucking with IW games when mw3 came out. that game was absolute trash. Worst netcode/registration ive ever experienced in a game. Put a whole clip in someone and hit markers galore, get turned on and shot in the toe and die. nah man, nah.

Wasn't blops 1 the cod where literally every pro would use the famas because it was so much better than every other weapon? How did you find that to be the most balanced?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't blops 1 the cod where literally every pro would use the famas because it was so much better than every other weapon? How did you find that to be the most balanced?

As a Galil user, i never had an issue with the famas.  And i wasn't talking about competitive.  Shotguns were good, LMGs had their uses, smgs were also good/fun to use.  perks weren't ridiculous etc.  

I hated using the famas, I won more battles with the Galil.  Idk never used the famas on lan.  It probably had great hip fire and its shot rate + acc made it good at most distances.  just because the Pros used it... didn't make the game imbalanced or broken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Infinity Ward do that for every game they make.

No excuses for a game with a three-year dev cycle, though.

Tbf at the time of Ghosts is was still a 2 year cycle. I have some faith in their new game just not much.

I was told that Roy was retiring after this season? #trueornottrue #confirmordeny #evidence #proof

Said H5 was his last game.

Said H5 was his last game.

He told me on stream that this was his last season as well, I was just wondering if any of these forums boys knew him personally and could tweet at him and ask him if that is still so or if he's changed his mind. #dontlethimgo

• Downvote (-1) 2

Roy will be a HUGE loss. I wonder if Roy goes will Lunch too?

After I asked Roy that question on stream I maneuvered over to lunchbox stream cause he was streaming too, and asked him the same thing and said is it true that you and Roy are retiring off into the sunset after this big 2 Mil tourney and he said no. So idk I think he still wants to do it, but Roy's hearts not into anymore or just sounded like he felt he was getting to old for Halo and didn't want to be playing in his 30s? But who knows maybe that halos actually getting big again that might change his miscospected mind?

Formal and snipedown duo needs to happen for future seasons if the next CoD is going to be shit

:prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Roybox out after this season would be really interesting... who would Snipedown team with? T2? :kappa:

My guess would be Lethal and Formal honestly, I don't think formal will stay away from halo for another season. With all those trolls, there was some truth in them.. You don't become Champion 1 in halo while competing in COD if you don't love it.. My opinion is he'll be back for this next big tourney, if not then I'd say Snip3down would team with Lethal, Frosty, and Commonly. If Roy/Box leaves.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

As a Galil user, i never had an issue with the famas.  And i wasn't talking about competitive.  Shotguns were good, LMGs had their uses, smgs were also good/fun to use.  perks weren't ridiculous etc.  

I hated using the famas, I won more battles with the Galil.  Idk never used the famas on lan.  It probably had great hip fire and its shot rate + acc made it good at most distances.  just because the Pros used it... didn't make the game imbalanced or broken.

I competed in BO1 and can say with 100% certainty that if you brought a Galil to a match you would be shut down. I tried but the dmg per shot and the firing speed surpassed them all.

The game was imbalanced and banning rapid fire (thus making SMG's incredibly hard to use against a Famas) was a horrible move but they wanted it "more competitive". 

I still had a fun time competing though despite it.

• Upvote (+1) 5