CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They last updated the pool at at The Game Awards, its been well over a month since then. I'd say 3 mil is a realistic possibility by the time worlds rolls around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry guys, I hate to be that guy, but I was just stuck on the cruise ship from hell the last 5 days and don't have the time to read back a bunch of pages. Other than Optic winning the LCQ, anything fun happen?

The one that got caught in the storm and got damaged and docked in NJ last night?

Also, not really. Lots and lots of scrims. 

Anyone have an updated figure on the Worlds prize pool? Seems it's been at "$2,000,000 and growing" for a long time now...

Nah. You're just as clueless as the rest of us. They'll likely announce something at Regionals or not at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish these weren't so early in the afternoon :( 6PM EST would be amazing for us work folk

The reason they are in the early afternoon is because they are on a weekend.

It really just isn't possible to cater to every single persons time schedule. No matter what day or time we get the "I wish this was on a different day" comments.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The reason they are in the early afternoon is because they are on a weekend.

It really just isn't possible to cater to every single persons time schedule. No matter what day or time we get the "I wish this was on a different day" comments.

I thought it said Friday at 3PM EST? 

EDIT: Well I'm a potato and thought today was the 12th. Wellllllll in that case, HYPE!

I feel $2.5 million is more realistic. I'm assuming purchases of req packs have gone down after initial excitement of the game coming out. If we managed to make another million I'd be pleasantly surprised.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel $2.5 million is more realistic. I'm assuming purchases of req packs have gone down after initial excitement of the game coming out. If we managed to make another million I'd be pleasantly surprised.

The $2mil figure was announced before the hcs packs were released. I feel like those brought in a bunch of money. I'm betting they're just waiting until regionals to announce $3 mil.

I thought it said Friday at 3PM EST?

EDIT: Well I'm a potato and thought today was the 12th. Wellllllll in that case, HYPE!

Sat Feb 13th ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

A million dollars is a fuck ton of money... I highly doubt we raised a million dollars since then.

I'm gonna say 2.5m.

The one that got caught in the storm and got damaged and docked in NJ last night?

Also, not really. Lots and lots of scrims. 

Yep, that was me. Insane experience.

Heres the question. whoever wins the champion ship. do you think some of them will quit pro gaming or keep on going. just curious

Did I miss the nightly scrim recap post or is Tormented dead? I can't imagine there's another possibility.

Heres the question. whoever wins the champion ship. do you think some of them will quit pro gaming or keep on going. just curious

i feel like they will keep on going, especially now without any monetary pressure on them.  They can live comfortably and pursue gaming full time without any distractions or pressure.  I feel like it would only make them more motivated and comfortable moving forward.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather see the prize pool capped at $2.5 million with the rest going toward future pro league tournaments. Assuming it reaches $3 million that would allow for 5 $100k tournaments or 2 $250k tournaments on top of the already planned format. I also feel like releasing new organization themed skins would be a massive opportunity to push the prize pool past $3 million.

That could be what they are doing with the Arena req pack coming out soon. Not sure how well the vehicle pack did.

• Upvote (+1) 1