CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyone in this chat would be a better coach than Big T. Making someone who doesn't know how strongholds work 2 weeks before the biggest tourney?

Gives a bad name for Optic imo. This isn't 2008, coaches need do more than just keep timers on power weapons.

Flame already does what most coaches do. Honestly I think they just wanted just that. Someone to keep timers so Flame doesn't also have to worry about that

What seemed to be RNGs problem last night vs Noble? 

I didn't get a chance to see any of the matches.

Crazy thing about that came is that the kills were very even (32-29). Just locked it down from start to finish.

no one should confuse themselves by thinking OG cannot slay with the best of them... they have extreme strategic issues, and although the LCQ's were an amazingly intense and fun run to watch, they had some by-the-skin-of-your-teeth games that only were close because they don't think things through a lot. That slayer game where they pushed for absolutely no reason as the clock was running out comes to mind...

Why does everyone hate fuel rod so much? You have to be really accurate with it to get a one-hit kill, and can get into trades very easily if you start spamming it.

that thing has so much fucking ammo, it isn't even funny in the slightest

What seemed to be RNGs problem last night vs Noble?

I didn't get a chance to see any of the matches.

Same thing as always. Communication and lack of teamwork.

Hey guys. We are hosting a $2,000 4v4 this weekend. :)

I wish these weren't so early in the afternoon :( 6PM EST would be amazing for us work folk

• Upvote (+1) 1

A pistol user should have the ability to beat an auto user in close range if he hits all his shots. This is impossible in Halo 5 because every auto has a better kill time than the pistol meaning the reverse is happening. Instead of a good pistol user being able to beat an auto it's a bad auto user loses to the pistol.

But this has been said 1000 times so I'll just stop.

I guess my question is (I'm only playing Devil's Advocate): Why exactly *should* a pistol user have that ability?

As far as how weapons work... in general.... it would make more than enough sense for an automatic weapons' kill time to be better in close range than the pistol... they should also be easier to use in close range than a pistol.... because automatic weapons literally ARE easier to use in close range than a pistol.

I guess my question is (I'm only playing Devil's Advocate): Why exactly *should* a pistol user have that ability?

As far as how weapons work... in general.... it would make more than enough sense for an automatic weapons' kill time to be better in close range than the pistol... they should also be easier to use in close range than a pistol.... because automatic weapons literally ARE easier to use in close range than a pistol.

That's just how Halo has always been balanced. Autos are easier, that's the advantage. Autos with attributes (CE) had abilities that have that weapon a use aside from just pure damage. The problem to me is that the autos are just damage machines AND they are easier to use. That discourages skillful precision weapon play. Utility weapon Halo man.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The pistol is harder to use. We want a high skillgap and competitive game. Close quarter Pistol battles in this game are great and require a lot of skill. The autos kinda ruin this by being so effective and easy to use.

Gameplay > Realism

• Upvote (+1) 7

That's a pretty good indicator of where nV sits right now.

Agreed, and Noble has been pretty impressive recently. nVs big thing is going to be finding consistency. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

After catching up a bit and being an EG fan, I can't help but think. Do the placings in upcoming event count towards Worlds? Right now, I'm fairly unhappy at a hypothetical CLG and EG semi final as I enjoy both teams and I think it would be beneficial for Halo to have that as a potential final match up. The way things are looking right now, if CLG or EG lose in the semi to each other and Allegiance makes it to the final, we will potentially have another EG and CLG semi final at worlds. The only way around this that I can think of so far is if we have a losers bracket of some sort in the next event or Worlds. 

top 8 is essential but after that its all about the prize money and ambition of winning the event. its still going to be amazing no matter what. probably the best event since cbus 2012 - quote me

Sorry guys, I hate to be that guy, but I was just stuck on the cruise ship from hell the last 5 days and don't have the time to read back a bunch of pages. Other than Optic winning the LCQ, anything fun happen?

Awesome article from Gordon Hayward from the Utah Jazz about gaming. Talks some Halo in there. Even Snipedown got mentioned by him

Favourite Quote: "School Dances? For the birds. It was Master Chief or bust."

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/gordon-hayward-jazz-video-games/

Interesting read. I like how he states that avid gamers' lives aren't hindered by gaming. In fact, he suggests that gamers can enhance many facets of their lives utilizing the same skills developed while gaming.

Just curious, were you friends with Gordon Hayward? @@Snip3down

I desperately hope spectator mode isn't used for Worlds. Hopefully we can campaign for it not to be used like we did for Breakout.

Limitations of spectator mode:

Broken reticule placement (may be fixed on LAN, though)

Generally very clunky (difficult to explain but anyone who has used it knows what I mean, random crashes and pauses, randomly have to rewind to continue,etc)

No listen ins

No team chat at all, not even behind the casters

No player cams

Less of a "live" feeling due to the above 3 reasons. Even without delays it'll feel like casters talking over theater games. It just feels stale.

Player outlines (better for casual viewers, hurts the viewing experience for a lot of experienced viewers though)

I just don't know why they're using it. Is it to show off their spectator mode, which is inferior to every other video games' spectator mode in every way imaginable? I suppose it's just a lot easier since they're only hooking up one stream setup as opposed to eight.

I despise player outlines in tourney. It just isn't right.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone have an updated figure on the Worlds prize pool? Seems it's been at "$2,000,000 and growing" for a long time now...

Anyone have an updated figure on the Worlds prize pool? Seems it's been at "$2,000,000 and growing" for a long time now...

A lot of assumptions are they'll announce something at regionals

• Upvote (+1) 1